Fields

Fields

A Poem by gram linski

Don't want to write because I recognise
the horizon
I know the colours well black is
not a colour but I know it well,
 don't
reach too deep inside, you'll find no
smiley face but the shadows
of the heart
fragile but unmoveable
breaking but unstoppable
carousing within bone held confines
trying to shatter me free feeling almost
snake like/ belly hugs the 
floor
live a death a moment trying to 
survive for all the moral reasons a monster
                            remains
I want to bite the arms that feed and try and
fill the hole
                                     the more I eat the more
it swallows, the more I understand a delicate
reminder
of postcards from the edge on the edge of
nowhere
with nothing left behind emptiness is closer
a step into                        time
I turn my back and mount the beast
a ride without end

© 2020 gram linski


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

well this is certainly one way to cope with the darkness in us...get on its back and ride it...
some also feel that black is a combination of many colors...so there could be hope there.
I really like how you personified the darkness and had it hug the speaker....wrap its arms around him.
wonderfully done.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

4 Years Ago

thanks, j. aye if you can't beat the beast you might as well take it for a ride deeper into the fore.. read more



Reviews

Doing battle with darkness, that's how I read this gram. Blackness, shadows, snakes and the beast. That sums up all the nasties that lurk inside. I much prefer the smiley faces, but this isn't their turn. Could almost feel a bout of depression coming on here. You certainly created a dark mood and did it well too.

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

4 Years Ago

thanks, Chris, I thought it was quite a cherry affair, lol,
Another suggestive title. I know we have different methods for choosing titles, mine is quite convoluted, so forgive the blabbing about titles. I like this one because it lends an organic, earthly counterpoint when the poem itself feels largely the province of the mind. And in offering that connection, it creates a setting in my mind.

World watching but in doing so bringing the world into the fold of thought and emotion. Allowing what is observed to become a reflection of the cities that inhabit the mind and body.

Your ending, and most of the poem, offer a sense of the apocalyptic. Something about to kick off and no willing thought to stop it. A recognition that darkness resides inside and black is the most understood color/not color. And finding a sort of comfort in all that.

I’d say the voice in the poem wants that recognized and acknowledged, and if the listener is capable of such, then perhaps the story will take a different turn. I don’t know. It feels like a dialogue, but also a monologue simultaneously. Perhaps the conversation is between two facets of self. Fields could be many things. As everything can.

I have no idea what I’m talking about, but I understand the impulse & invitation of that ride without end. Some things I find difficult to articulate, but there is a subconscious understanding.

I like the sort of earthquake meter mood that I sense in the words. Like the ground is shaking and only time will show how deeply things have been rattled.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

4 Years Ago

I know what you are talking about, Eilis, the impulse and invitation are a powerful drum beat dancin.. read more
well this is certainly one way to cope with the darkness in us...get on its back and ride it...
some also feel that black is a combination of many colors...so there could be hope there.
I really like how you personified the darkness and had it hug the speaker....wrap its arms around him.
wonderfully done.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

4 Years Ago

thanks, j. aye if you can't beat the beast you might as well take it for a ride deeper into the fore.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

48 Views
3 Reviews
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on February 27, 2020
Last Updated on February 27, 2020

Author

gram linski
gram linski

About
Caged In An Animal's Mind Caged in an animal's mind; No wish to be more or else Than I am; a smile and a grief Of breath that thinks with its blood, Yet straining despite; unsure In my stir .. more..

Writing