Take note of the not ice

Take note of the not ice

A Poem by gram linski
"

"The Lord shall smite thee with madness"

"
Notes from the robot machine;

I work
I clean
I work
I clean

Notes on debauchery and love;

haven't debauched for many a year
can't remember how
can't remember when
and love is ...

Notes on sorrow and sadness;

the sorrow is elemental
the building blocks of
the man I am
the sadness is a misnomer
but an absence of joy
must surely be

Notes on laughter and tears;

the laughter recedes
runs to the f*****g hills
ran out of tears
many a haunted moon ago

Notes on profanity and bad writing;

see above
and below
see behind
and beyond
beyond beyond
beyond the end

Notes on you;

my silent witness/assassin
haven't I suffered enough

Notes on Oceans and moons;

Ah ! yea gods 
I miss you my lovers
your gaze
your touch
the dreams you gave
and snatched away mid     night

Notes on poetry and wine;

thank f**k for Bukowski
and supermarkets

Note to self;

shut the f**k up
and drown in sand

© 2020 gram linski


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

So many thoughts, such a pouring of words that almost but not quite touch every corner of the box in which you and hapless millions are enduring right now. Time to consider, to judge, to forget, to stress or make darker.. or not. Seems you're very distinctly given the sub.titles for each area, yet merely touched on what to say briefly... guess that's how it is at present...

Will returns, gram.. those final lines says much of you, how you think and feel if not all the time but for now. However, avoid the quicksand, please.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

4 Years Ago

hey emmajoy thanks for reading, it was a bit of a mad ramble about that isolation alienation thing,.. read more
emmajoy

4 Years Ago

There are times when we're allowed to cuss cos it releases whatever! You take care but keep busy. .. read more



Reviews

I can honestly say Gram that this seriously rocks!!! I absolutely love all of it but towards the finale, blew my mind! Awesome...truly awesome, the fragments pieced together and the thoughts layered in a thought process is not only unique but amazingly hard hitting and thought provoking, I think this is a favourite piece of poetry for me on this site in all the years I have been here :) Excellent!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

3 Years Ago

high praise indeed, Ruth considering some of the amazing poets at the café, including yourself, tha.. read more
LOL thank god for Bukowski indeed:) If i continue to write for another 35 years I might be able to write one decent line of poetry... perhaps! like that beautiful dirty b*****d spat out in buckets most of his. I like your notes they are.... quite noteworthy Mr. Gram

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

4 Years Ago

hey, B, how you keeping man, seem to remember you did a Bukowski poem not so long ago that the dirty.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
This does read like vignettes of thoughts compounded by the isolation that we are all enduring at present. Our minds do ramble when we find we have nothing else to occupy them with and the various different themes of each vignette just illustrates the extent of your mind wanderings. It's very hard to shut down the noise in our minds when our solitude is full of quiet. I guess that is what poetry was created for; to declutter the mind and get those ramblings out. You have achieved that here and you can ready yourself for a refill! An interesting write, dear gram!

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

4 Years Ago

thanks Jamila, totally got the ramblings out vibe, not sure if I am ready for a refill just yet, lol.. read more
I see the final lines as a bit of self-deprecating humor. Like feeling like telling ourselves to f**k off, but at the same time still having enough of a connection to self to be able to keep on keeping on. Isn’t that what we are mostly doing anyway. Mired in the dull madness of the robota and the pain of pastness/presentness/uncertain futureness. But still feeling a desire for and connection to something better/beyond what’s imagined.

I always think that if our hearts reach for something outside of the dark moments they are still holding the necessary hope to keep ferrying us through the drudgery or loneliness of the moment. It is when we stop remembering or reaching that the moment becomes dire.

I like that the voice here moves back and forth between the debaucher and the tender heart. Of course they are one in the same but some feelings are higher than others and where we choose to gravitate seems to draw the map of the future.

But that doesn’t mean there won’t be times where boredom & loneliness draw us back to some more primal state of mind. But the lure and sacredness of the ocean and the moon still hold a place we seek to return to.

So we get bored and frustrated with ourselves. Thank f**k for Bukowski in those moments. Or whatever raw thing helps us embrace it and let it slip through. Maybe at the end of the day we want to tell ourselves to f**k off. But, that’s not the only thing we’ve said. And in the face of the silent assassin—we spit out words and take back our power. Because naming a thing always transfers the power back to you.

Maybe more positive than you meant. But you quite often have these two threads running through fighting each other. And, in my mind, even a hanging ending signifies a future. Which in turn signifies a kind of victory.

Really like this one, Gram. The title kicks it off in a way that makes it all feel like a to do list for the damned. But, sometimes the damned only need to say a thing to see that the damning has no lasting power unless it’s allowed to take root.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

4 Years Ago

wow thanks for the great review, Eilis, aye the last part was definitely stop moaning and keep on k.. read more
I think we are all going half crazy at the moment stuck inside our four walls. Oh for some normality. Yes for some routine, boring normality and a bit of freedom to wander as we please. I haven't published any of my own ramblings yet. It won't take much more :)

Chris

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

4 Years Ago

thanks, Chris, aye who would have thought being off work would be boring, a day of mindless labour w.. read more
Chris Shaw

4 Years Ago

Each day is the same as the last. I can't remember what day of the week it is:) How I would love a p.. read more
So many thoughts, such a pouring of words that almost but not quite touch every corner of the box in which you and hapless millions are enduring right now. Time to consider, to judge, to forget, to stress or make darker.. or not. Seems you're very distinctly given the sub.titles for each area, yet merely touched on what to say briefly... guess that's how it is at present...

Will returns, gram.. those final lines says much of you, how you think and feel if not all the time but for now. However, avoid the quicksand, please.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

4 Years Ago

hey emmajoy thanks for reading, it was a bit of a mad ramble about that isolation alienation thing,.. read more
emmajoy

4 Years Ago

There are times when we're allowed to cuss cos it releases whatever! You take care but keep busy. .. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

132 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 5, 2020
Last Updated on April 5, 2020

Author

gram linski
gram linski

About
Caged In An Animal's Mind Caged in an animal's mind; No wish to be more or else Than I am; a smile and a grief Of breath that thinks with its blood, Yet straining despite; unsure In my stir .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..