Blossom Tree

Blossom Tree

A Poem by gram linski

Ghosting through this internet life looking for a hint of recognition
energy flowing from the pens of a thousand poets
transcended into a voice of one joined in chorus

the solitude/madness creating kindness compassion a lifting
a rainbow smile, a war heroes march to glory
endless days circling broken wasped in the  sun gloom

future waiting, poised, hungry, the best is yet to come
under  duress and house arrest and blank staring walls
calling for someone to recognise my voice, the echo of voice
knowing and knowledge are two different things

© 2020 gram linski


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

sometimes we feel our poetry is just blending in with all the rest, our voice as well.
and especially when we are imprisoned by circumstances...we have too much time on our hands to doubt our worth.
and yes, Knowing i think is innate...like street smarts...knowledge is gained more from rote memory of what we have learned from books...
it's like someone with a Doctorate who can't do it when it's hands on.
j.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

4 Years Ago

aye very true, J. thanks for the read, appreciate, your time, take care over there



Reviews

So many poets and would be authors on the internet. Hard to distinguish oneself from the others. Still, we all write and we all have our own voices expressing our feelings and emotions. During the pandemic with all of us in quarantine, writing is really a salvation. Good one, Gram. Lydi**

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

3 Years Ago

thanks again for the great review Lydia, glad you enjoyed , appreciate the read
Your poem evokes two things . . . first, I'm reminded of how it was for me, being away from the cafe for 2 months writing a book, basically missing the pandemic up here in the wilderness, & then to come back & read stuff & see what everyone's been going thru while I was gone, getting it all in a concentrated dose of reading this past week or so, it's like reading fiction. I can't even believe how it's been "out there"! Secondly, you poem reminds me of how much I was enjoying the lockdown becuz people were so much more active & communicative on social media. People who never share anything but generic memes were pouring their hearts out & showing us their lives in ways they never did before. I guess this is a bad thing? *wink! wink!* Love a poem that stirs all kinds of disparate ideas (((HUGS))) Fondly, Margie

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

3 Years Ago

thanks so much, Margie, so you were self isolating without realising the whole world was too, lol, m.. read more
barleygirl

3 Years Ago

Aha! Missed your acrostic, you sly guy! Thanks for helping me see what the "F" you were really doing.. read more
This new isolated living is really difficult to come to terms with. No more popping out to meet friends for a coffee, or down the pub for a glass of wine, or a shop till you drop session followed by lunch with the girls. That's before fitting family in. I never thought I would say, thank goodness for the Internet and social media, but it has kept us connected in these difficult times. I am really appreciating how awful this has been for the many people living on their own. That's where my mind wandered gram as I read your lines. At least we can be heard here as we scroll down the forum.

Chris

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

3 Years Ago

thanks, Chris, aye these are strange dark times, but I like the fact that people are finding differe.. read more
Good god I love the way you think Gram were it not for the fact that you wrote this I would swear i did but i suppose that is the very point of this write LOL I think we all come to this conclusion one way or another in our rumbles in lines. Some people say that there are no original thoughts anymore and that now writers today are just regurgitating old ones and I say to them what thought do you have that was not born of your experience? the difference is we take our experiences and extrapolate from them our presence and in this... innovation is born:) for at the root of all invention is taking something seeing it in a different way yes sometimes that falls flat but also sometimes it becomes something greater:)

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

3 Years Ago

hey B, thanks for your wise words, and great review, I did feel some bunny scratching my brain when.. read more
I found this encapsulated the anxious helplessness, and giddy hopefulness of the current situation very well. It has many drawbacks in the quest for self-knowledge, but thank god for the internet in helping us still connect during these times.

Jamie.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

3 Years Ago

aye very true, Jamie, unfortunately pornhub has crashed, lol, thanks for the review, much appreciate.. read more
"Ghosting through this internet life looking for a hint of recognition" sums up our quest beautifully. A blossom tree is such a perfect image for the myriad of poets as floweres all joined by common branches to a single solid trunk, that could be the world of poetry. I really like the second verse where you write of the madness of solitude and the positivity that comes out of it. It gives a very uplifting feel to the entire ordeal the world is presently going through. The concluding verse too ends for me on a positive and optimistic note. There is such energy and an aura of expectation here.All that hunger, that yearning for recognition is bound to lead to something worthwhile, something awesome. Great poem!

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

3 Years Ago

thanks again for another great review, was a bit of a self isolation ramble, glad you picked up on t.. read more
AJNJ

3 Years Ago

It was a pleasure to read. Welcome :)
Stunningly crafted. The process of art in itself is blending and channeling to the billions of energetic voices around us that influence and yet we each wish for our own voice to be heard at times. You write so smoothly Gram, 'tis a delight to read you :)

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

3 Years Ago

thanks so much for your kind words, Ruth, glad you enjoyed it, appreciate the read, take care out th.. read more
The highlight of this poem for me is your last line. I know that's only a sliver of the poem, but it's a big statement and idea of our times. In my country, for instance, there are two camps of people. There are those protesting quarantine as though it's some conspiracy against freedom and citizen's rights, and then there are those who recognize the real threat we face and are willing to suffer the discomfort and uncertain future in an effort to get through the darkest times.

We can believe we know anything but that doesn't make it true. But when we have knowledge, this seems to indicate that we have a more intimate connection to ideas and have explored a bit more deeply in an effort to understand. Understanding is certainly something we need just now. And for all those mad people who are out there acting like this whole thing is a conspiracy to get tae f**k.

And a more focused note, having a place to visit where we can see that we're not alone is quite a grace in our imposed solitudes. I'm sure we all feel alone by degrees, but the world hears us. Our words are imprinted in the minds and hearts of those who read them--whether they say anything about them or not.

Love the title. Feel like we could all use one of those We are the World moments, haha. Something to uplift our weary souls.

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

3 Years Ago

hey, Eilis, thanks for the great review, aye the title was a beginning of hope kind of thing, there .. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
.
This is a good summation of our current days in isolation; trawling through the net, looking for inspiration or anything that will inspire our own creativity. After weeks, these four walls are closing in claustrophobically and we are doing our absolute best to maintain our sanity and get us through the days until our sun bloomed normality resumes. For some this isolation is a blessing, for others a curse. From a writing perspective all our inspiration is sapped despite all the extra time we have to spare to spend on it. At least from where i sit, anyway. A very relevant write, dear gram. Keep searching for your recognition and inspiration. :))

Posted 3 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

3 Years Ago

thanks, Jamila, aye loads of time to do s**t, and motivation is gone, you need movement for inspirat.. read more
I'm surprised a poem about four wall syndrome hasn't appeared yet.
In saying that, now is the time to finish all those unfinished poems loitering with intent in docs or on paper.
We have the power and time now, so get cracking. Ok just spotted the Asda van delivering my beer, happy days are here again.

Posted 4 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

gram linski

4 Years Ago

hey, thanks, Paul, aye the stir crazy thing gives us plenty of time but little motivation, keep safe.. read more
Paul Bell

4 Years Ago

Motivation is running the extra mile to the shops now.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

180 Views
11 Reviews
Rating
Added on April 16, 2020
Last Updated on April 16, 2020

Author

gram linski
gram linski

About
Caged In An Animal's Mind Caged in an animal's mind; No wish to be more or else Than I am; a smile and a grief Of breath that thinks with its blood, Yet straining despite; unsure In my stir .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..