Chapter 4

Chapter 4

A Chapter by KW Writing
"

Elyza's story continues.

"

In her time with the turtles, Elyza had almost mastered her control over wind. She had come to terms with her past and accepted that there was nothing she could do to change what had been, only what is yet to come. Her dreams of the mysterious man continued the same way nothing changing. Malak did not seem worried so she put it out of her mind and concentrated on mastering her ability. Not only was she learning about herself and her past but also the turtles and Malak were teaching her about Wifaria. She had learnt that before The Queen convinced this world that those with magic were dangerous, there was a harmony amongst all creatures. The Queen had manipulated those without magic into believing that magic is dangerous and was to be feared and controlled. Elyzas mother was not the only one to go missing, many people and creatures had been taken over the years causing those with magic to disappear and hide in fear of their lives. And yet for a place filled with such terrible things all around her was beauty like no other. Where else could you find turtles that soar through the air or a forest troll who would show more kindness than any person she had ever met. Wifaria was a place of infinite possibilities and she would help it gain its freedom once more.

Once again, Elyza was lost in the forest with no idea where she was going. The turtles had wakened her in the early hours of the morning to tell her that the queen’s men had found them. They had already packed her things and were pushing her into the forest when 20 or so men went barrelling into the clearing swords and bows at the ready. Malak had swept in front of them protecting the turtles with his body. He turned and yelled at her to run and so she did. This had only reinforced her will to help put things right in Wifaria. How could men destroy such kind and marvellous creatures?

Elyza did not know if the turtles and Malak were okay and it plagued her mind. She was considering this when she walked right into a tall thin man with long black hair.

“Oh I’m so sorry, my mind was somewhere else.” The man just looked at her with a playful grin on his face.

“Does your mind often depart you or just when you are worried about your turtle friends?” At the bewildered look on her face he chuckled.

“Come with me… Elyza.” The longer she stayed here the crazier the people seemed to be. Could he be a mind reader perhaps, surely even here that would be strange.

She followed him intrigued to discover who this man was. It wasn’t until then that she realised she had run into a motorcade, only they were drawn by horses not motors. She followed the man past groups of people all of whom seemed to have magic of some kind. They stopped the front trailer and went inside. Inside there were walls of books, most seemed to be quite old. It reminded her somewhat of the records room at The Guild only it had a more homely feel to it and instead of cushions on the floor there was a four poster bed in the centre of the trailer. The man pulled out two rickety looking stools and gestured for her to sit on one.

“My name is Florenz. I am second in command of this… I believe you call it a circus.” He paused.

“So what’s your power?” Elyza asked.

“That my dear is a very personal question to ask someone. I will however answer as it seems only fair. I am a foreseer.” He had such a dramatic fair about him.

“I see into the future.” He explained.

“So you know if I will see my father again?” She asked a little too eagerly.

“The future is always changing. Every time you make a decision, it changes the future. For example if you had stayed and helped to save the turtles and your troll friend, we would not have met and it is so important for us to have met.”

“Why?” she asked confused.

“I am to be your guide.” Is all he said.

“For someone who tells the future you sure do keep things to yourself.”

“It is important for things to progress naturally. If I were to tell you what to do every step of the way it would ruin your life’s journey.” He really was a strange man.

“Life’s Journey?” she said sarcastically.

“Life is not a destination my dear it is a journey. I made many mistakes with my gift as a young boy but I have found that always you must calve your own path through time.” He said with a mischievous grin on his face.

“So where do we go from here?” she asked him.

“We will travel to the next town with the convoy. After that we are on uncharted roads my dear.”

“There are towns in this forest?”

“Faygle Forest is not like forests from Dorfrin. Magic is strong here and plays tricks on the mind. If you do not know the forest, it is very easy to get lost. Many have entered the forest never to be seen again.”

“That doesn’t answer my question at all.” Although it did explain a lot about the strange feeling, she had had since arriving in the forest.

“The town is not exactly in the forest however, it is protected by the forest and thus people do not often go to Harand.”

“Not even the queen’s men?” She was quite tired of running into those beastly men.

“Ah those men are just following orders. Many of them are decent men. As to your question, the queen controls all non-magic towns. Which is every town in Wifaria during present times. We will need to disguise you just in case.”

He turned to the bookcase on the back wall and with his hands glowing a beautiful golden colour he pulled a book forward to the edge of the shelf level with his eyes, he then moved down three shelves and turned a book laying on top of the rest sideways. Finally, he moved up one self and tilted the third book across onto the bottom front corner. Upon finishing this sequence, the whole bookshelf swung forward to reveal a shimmering doorway. Elyza walked towards it eyes wide.

“What is that?” She asked the tall man.

“It is a portal of kinds.”

“It’s just like the one from the barn. Can it send me home?” She asked, excitement flooding her.

“There are many different kinds of portals. This one is for short distance travelling. The one you came here through is much different, it was made for inter world travelling. Not many could produce a portal such as that one. I’m afraid we would have to find the same person who brought you here to send you back.”

“You can see the future. Can’t you just tell me if I ever go home and if so who it is that sends me back?”

 “I have already told you I would not interfere with your journey and I would ask you not to ask me to do this again.” He said with finality in his voice.

Just then, the portal started to move and out came an older woman. She had her greying hair in a bun on top of her head and she was wearing a fading red dress with a white apron over the top.

“I do so hate travelling via that thing.” She grumbled with a disapproving look on her face.

“I know Leona but I have a guest who requires your assistance.” He informed her sweetly.

Leona turned to look at Elyza. Her eyes took in every inch of her, from her flaming red hair and sparkling green eyes to her shoes on their last legs.

“Well you must be the one everyone is gossiping about. I am Leona and I take care of everyone here.” She said whilst pulling her into a tight hug.

“I am Elyza. It’s a pleasure to meet you.” She said pulling out of the hug.

“Beautiful and polite. It is not every day you find that. Well How much would you like me to do?” she asked turning towards Florenz.

“The Queens Guard know what she looks like so we need to change her hair, eyes and her clothes.” He responded.

“Follow me dear,” She said as she walked into the portal. Elyza was a little hesitant as she walked towards the portal. Florenz gave her a kind smile and nodded his head at her. And so, through the portal she went.

It was not as bad as the first one. It was much easier to breath and lasted only a few seconds. On the other side, she found herself in a room that looked much like a salon. There was a wall with four mirrors evenly spaced on the wall, a bench that ran the whole length of the wall and a comfortable looking chair in front of each mirror. Leona was standing beside one of the chairs and gestured for her to sit. After taking a seat, a thin young woman put a mug of something hot in her hands and started talking to the older woman.

“I think we should make her a blonde with piercing blue eyes. Guys like that sort of thing.”

“We don’t want her to be noticed she needs to fly under the radar as they say. Blonde is good but I think a nice brown eye colour would be much better. What do you think Elyza?”

“They do say Blondes have more fun.” Elyza laughed. Leona laughed with her as she pulled her pink glowing fingers through Elyza’s hair from the roots to the very ends. As she did this, her hair changed from its fiery red colour to a warm natural blonde colour. Elyza gasped in shock, never had she seen anything so wonderful. Leona then placed her fingers over Elyza’s eyes, when she removed them instead of her green eyes; she saw dark brown eyes staring back at her. She looked like a completely different person.

“Hmm, what do you think about cutting your hair?” Leona enquired.

“I’m not too sure about that. I’ve always had long hair.” She responded hesitantly.

“It is up to you dear but I think you will look simply divine with a shoulder length look.” Leona gave her an encouraging look.

“I suppose it will grow back if I do not like it. Go ahead.” She said with a little giggle. This was the most fun she had had in quite some time.

Next thing Elyza knew Leona had picked up her scissors and started to cut her locks off. When she was done, Elyza had shoulder length hair with a slight wave to it. She was pleasantly surprised, Elyza had never thought about cutting her hair before.

“There we go. Now for your wardrobe.” Leona was again looking Elyza up and down her lips pursed as if she could not quite decide what to put her in.

Leona disappeared behind a curtain and reappeared with a dress quite similar to hers it was an earthly green colour with cap sleeves and a brown apron.

“Try this dear.” She said as she handed Elyza the dress. Elyza did as Leona asked.

“Ah it is perfect. I just knew it would be. Though it does not compare to your natural state.” Leona had a big smile on her face that caused Elyza to smile back.

A simmering doorway appeared where Elyza had entered the room and Florenz entered the room.

“Florenz! We just finished up. What do think of her new look.” Leona asked rushing to his side.

“Ah you did a marvellous job as always. Give us a spin.” He gave her one of his cheeky smiles and Elyza could not help but laugh and twirl around in her new dress.

“They will never know it’s you.” He laughed.

“How long does it last?” she asked Leona who was enjoying everyone’s appreciation of her work.

“Three days. After that you will be back to your usual beautiful self.” Three days of blending in with everyone else, Elyza liked the thought of that.

“Elyza it is time to say goodbye. We are almost at Harand.” He told her. Leona suddenly looked very sad and it occurred to her that Florenz was leaving his friends to help her.

“You do not have to come with me. You can stay here.” She told him.

“Of course I am coming with you. I have been waiting quite some time for you, I am not about to give up my place in your journey. Besides I will see my friends again.” The last part he said more to Leona than Elyza.

“Now come. We must be going.”

Before they left Leona gave Elyza a second dress to take with her and a tight hug that lasted longer the Elyza was used to. Florenz then led her back through the portal to his room.

He had already packed two bags with everything they would require for the journey. The convoy slowed to a stop and they got out. Slowly they people in the convoy got out of their rooms and embraced Florenz. When everyone had said good bye to him he turned and waved saying in a loud voice

“I shall see you all again.” With that, they walked down the dirt road to Harand. 



© 2017 KW Writing


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

106 Views
Added on February 12, 2017
Last Updated on September 1, 2017
Tags: Unicorns, Fantasy, Multiple Worlds, Discovery, Friendship, Trolls, Flying Turtles, Magic


Author

KW Writing
KW Writing

Australia



About
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens Brown paper packages tied up with strings These are a few of my favourite things. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by KW Writing


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by KW Writing