Advertise Here
Want to advertise here? Get started for as little as $5
Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A Chapter by KW Writing
"

Elyza's story continues.

"

Her first night in Harrand and for the first time since leaving the Turtles she dreamt of him again, her dark haired mystery man. It went the same way it had every other time except as he turned she did not wake up. For the first time she saw his face and what a handsome face it was. He had a strong jawline and full lips. It was his eyes that caught her eye the most though; they were as black as the darkest night. She thought it was just her imagination but looked like he carried the weight of the world in those eyes.

As her dream continued, the man walked towards her and did not stop until he was right in front of her. He reach out his hand and stroked her cheek as a lover would.

“Who are you?” was all she could get out.

“Killiad” was his response. Her dream suddenly shook violently. When it stopped, he was gone and she was awake. For some reason she felt like she had lost something precious to her. It made no sense it was just a dream. She rolled over putting the feeling out of her mind and went back to sleep.

Chanelle woke Elyza at the crack of dawn the next day.

“I thought we’d start early that way you would still have time to spend with Rayleigh.” She told Elyza as she was washing her face.

“Not a problem. The Turtles were early risers as well.” They made their way out into the front garden just as they had the day before.

“I want you to close your eyes and use your magic to feel the earth around you but not use it. This will be harder then it seems.” Elyza nodded, closed her eyes and reached for her brown flower.

“You’re shaking the earth. Try clearing your mind and letting the magic flow through your body and back into the earth.” Elyza had not been aware that she was shaking the earth. She tried to clear her mind and focus on channelling her earth magic through her body.

“That’s better, it’s not shaking as much but it is still shaking. You need to completely clear your mind. Think of nothing but the flow of your magic. Visualise it, see it in your mind. That’s excellent Elyza, It’s completely still. Now open your eyes.” As Elyza opened her eyes Chanelle place her hands on Elyzas shoulder and with a big smile on her face she said,

“That was very well done. Not many people pick it up as quickly as you do. Now I want you to do it again but this time I don’t want the ground to shake at all when you do it. Okay?” Elyza nodded her head and closed her eyes. She cleared her mind of all other thoughts there was just the magic.

“Oh well done Elyza. That is fantastic. Why don’t we have some fun?” She asked as Elyza opened her eyes.

“Okay. That sounds great. What will we do?” She asked.

“I have some more trees that require planting. Why don’t you create the holes for them to go into and I will plant them?” Elyza was not sure she could do that but why not try. Chanelle lead her over to the other side of the garden where six plants sat out of the soil.

“Okay place your hands on the earth here.” She directed Elyza pointing to a clear spot.

“Okay so now you need to use your magic and visualise the earth sinking into a nice hole big enough to fit this tree.” Elyza looked at the tree she was referencing. She closed her eyes, reached for her magic and saw in her mind the earth sinking into a hole. When she opened her eyes, she gasped.

“It’s a little large but not bad for your first go at it.” Chanelle smiled at her and Elyza sheepishly smiled back.

“Now place the tree in the hole and place your hands on the earth around it.” Elyza followed her instructions hoping not mess up her beautiful garden.

“Good. Now you’re going to close your eyes and use your magic to fill in the gaps with soil.” Elyza was not sure about this but Chanelle was being so kind that she did not want to let her down. Elyza closed her eyes and focused all her attention on filling in the spaces around the tree. She opened her eyes and was pleasantly surprises that it looked right.

“Well done! That was perfect. Would you like try something a little harder?” Chanelle gave her an encouraging look.

“Why not.” Elyza replied.

“Okay then. We are going to grow the tree a little. I find it helps it settle into the soil a little better.” Elyza had no idea she would be able to do that.

“This will require both your imagination and all you attention. It works the same as before. Close your eyes and envision it in your mind. Have a go when you’re ready.” Elyza took a deep breath, closed her eyes and saw in her mind the tree growing. She saw the roots digging further into the ground, the branches growing longer and stronger. She saw more leaves growing on the branches. When she opened her eyes, she actually let out a little scream. For there the tree stood a good two feet taller, it was covered big green leaves.

“Oh yes. You know I think you’re a natural. It took me days to learn how to grow a tree. Your only limitation is your imagination. Why don’t we head inside and get breakfast ready for everyone.” Chanelle was laughing the whole way inside.

Once inside Elyza helped Chanelle cook eggs and toast for everyone. When Rayleigh came into the kitchen, she grabbed plates and went to set the table but Elyza stopped her.

“Let me.” She told her. Elyza concentrated and reach for the air. She used it to float the dishes and cutlery across the room to the dining room table where she slowly set them down in front of each seat.

“That was amazing.” Rayleigh shouted in excitement.

“What’s going on in here?” Asked Petro who had missed Elyzas display.

“Elyza just set the table without touching a single thing. She just floated them over there.” Rayleigh told him while she was dancing around the kitchen. Elyza loved how much enjoyment the girl found in magic. Before meeting Rayleigh Elyza had not even considered the fun that may be found in using magic but she found it made things a lot easier by using it that way.

“Well it is something else having an elemental in the house. Things like this haven’t been seen in an age.” That reminded Eliza of a question that had plagued her since hearing she was the first in many years to have an elemental power.

“What happened to the last of the elementals?” She asked Petro.

“They died, of natural causes. This was all long before The Queen came along. You see the earth gives power those it chooses, no one knows how it chooses but it does. It has not given the gift of the elements in many years.” He tried to explain.

“So someone without magic can have a child with magic and someone with magic can have a child without magic?” This seemed odd to Eliza.

“Yes, however it is uncommon.” Elyza frowned.

“You all seem to take care of each other. But that boy when we first got here, he was taken away from his mother and no one did anything to help them.” Petro cast his eyes to the floor.

“Yes he was a rare case of a non-magic woman having a magic bearing son. We did not know that he was magic; if we had, we would have protected him. Unfortunately, this happens from time to time. The parents are so afraid they do not come to us and the queen’s men take the child. It has been known to happen to children we are protecting.”

“What happens to the children?” She asked him, afraid of what his response may be.

“From what we have been able to discover they are brain washed into believing the Queens Propaganda. Then they are trained in their Magic and used against us.” He said in a monotone voice.

“Used against you?”

“Yes, those with tracking abilities are used to track us and those like the boy you saw earlier are sent out to capture or kill us.” He replied his voice cracking slightly as he spoke.

“And no one has done anything to stop it?” She replied feeling both disappointed and angry.

“Many have tried, your mother included. All have failed.” He seemed so sad.

“So what do you do?” They did not seem like the types of people to stand still and do nothing as people around them suffered.

Petro turned his head towards his wife and Florenz as they entered the room.

“I think it’s time.” Is all he said. Florenz looked at Elyza with worry in his eye.

“Time for what?” She asked confused.

“I am not sure this is the right time for this Petro. She might not be ready for such a thing. They might not be ready.” Florenz said to Petro completely ignoring Elyza.

“There is only one way to find out Florenz. It is her destiny to help us. I know you you have some connection to her but you are ignoring your visions and you are sheltering her from what needs to be seen, what needs to be done.” Petro replied heatedly.

“I have not ignored my visions in many years Petro, you know that. And if she is not ready it will not help anyone.” He replied even more heatedly.

“Perhaps she should decide for herself since she’s standing right there!” Rayleigh exclaimed quite loudly. Everyone looked at Elyza who looked relieved to have someone on her side of all this.

“You people can be daft sometimes you know. She’s a human being not a pet you tell what to do. She has a say in her own destiny.” Rayleigh said so passionately Elyza felt a tear come to her eye. She had never had a friend who would defend her so loyaly.

“You are quite right there Rayleigh.” Florenz said look at Elyza.

“There are meetings held every week for those who oppose the Queen.  It just so happens that there is one tonight.” Florenz replied hesitantly.

“I want to go. I want to see what is being done about the Queen and the Children who are being taken. I do not want them to know I am there though. You all talk about me as if I am some saviour here to rescue you all. I want to see the meeting as it would normally be.” Florenz worry deepened however a look of relief seemed to cross Petros face.

“Tonight then.” Petro said.

Elyza looked at Rayleigh and sent her a thought. Thank you! You are one of a kind, even in this world. Rayleigh winked her.

The day proceeded much as the previous had only instead of spending the day in Rayleigh’s room they spent the day in the front yard working on Elyza’s ability to connect with the earth. Elyza found herself picking things up much quicker then she had with air. She managed to get a tree with long branches to wrap around Rayleigh’s ankles and lift her off the ground. She also managed to make a small earthquake that had Rayleigh crawling on the ground. The whole time Chanelle was watching from the front window.

“She is learning unbelievably fast. I have never had a student like her. It should take months to learn the things she’s teaching herself in hours.” She was absolutely blown away by Elyza’s aptitude for learning.

It was just after six when Chanelle opened the front door and called the girls inside for dinner. Elyza once again floated the dishes to the table.

“Make them dance Elyza.” Rayleigh called to her. So she had them flipping, turning and spinning through the air. Rayleigh could really get used to having her new friend around.

As they all sat down to dinner the mood changed to a sombre one. It seemed Florenz and Petro had spent the day together and they had not agreed on a single thing. It continued at the table.

“Just because you have visions of the future doesn’t mean you know everything. The meeting will be fine.”

“I just want you to have some extra people there for security.”

“Enough! I will not have this at the dinner table. The meeting will be perfectly fine. Florenz stop using that great and mighty power of yours to control other people’s decisions. And Petro you will take a deep breath and listen to what others are saying to you. Am I understood?” Chanelle had stood up from the table sending her chair flying backwards.

“Yes my dear.”

“Perfectly understood.” They both looked like that had been smacked by their mothers.

“Right then. Shall we enjoy dinner?” After that it was polite chit chat.

Once dinner was cleared away, they all went into their rooms to get ready for the meeting. Elyza put on her second dress and apron and Rayleigh put on a similar dress only it was a lovely purple colour. As they entered the family room they saw Florenz dressed in all black with an emerald green jacket so long and flowy it was almost a robe, Petro looked smart in jeans and a black coat and then there was Chanelle in a long flowing navy skirt and long sleeved white shirt.

“Now we’re all here, Hands please.” Everyone placed their hands on top of Petro’s palm. His eyes glowed and then dulled back to normal. Nothing had changed.

“He just made us all look poor and dirty to anyone else who looks at us. Kind of like the house.” Rayleigh whispered in her ear.

“Oh, that is incredible.” She whispered back.

They all headed out the front door and set off down the street. They walked back the same way they had come two days prior only this time they went down the next street. About half way down they stopped in front of a green door. It was much like all the other houses in the neighbourhood, run down and in need of a lot of work. Petro stood in front of a peephole and knocked. It was a few minutes before the door slowly opened and they were permitted entry.

Inside their ears were met by many voices, all talking at once. Elyza looked around and saw that the people were all standing in smaller groups and talking quite fast. She overheard a man saying that he had been told that white unicorns had been seen, to which the group scoffed and said it was not possible. She followed Petro to the back of the room where there was a group of four men standing. One man was in a black silk suit, he had dark hair and dark features but his eyes were as blue as the sky on a clear day. The man to his right had a fair complexion and light brown hair, his eyes were brown like his hair and he wore jeans and a red velvet jacket. The next man on the right was much older than the rest; he had to be in his seventies at least. He had white hair and had a pipe in his mouth. He wore a tweed jacket and black dress pants. Elyza thought he looked kind and thoughtful. The final man had his back to Elyza. He blonde hair and wore jeans with a plain black shirt. She got an uneasy feeling from this man.

“Petro my dear fellow. How have you been? I see you brought the family along tonight.” The old man spoke with a young light-hearted voice.

“Good evening Sir. I am quite well thank you. Yes, they asked to come along. I didn’t see any harm in bringing them.” Petro said very formally.

“No need to call me Sir, Petro. And who is this lady? I don’t think I’ve seen her around before.”

“Ah yes, this is Elyza. She is friend of Florenz. They are just passing through.” He replied.

“Elyza this is Eric. He is one of our elders.” She guessed that explained the formality Petro seemed to have adopted for the night; it was a sign of respect.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you.” She told the old man.

“And what are you doing here Florenz? I didn’t think your band of travellers was in town.” This steely voice belonged to the man with his back turned. He turned to face them and Elyza had to stifle a gasp. He was an attractive man if it had not been for the scar the curled from his brow to his the corner of his mouth.

“They are not here Elias. I am showing Elyza around the city. She was very eager to meet some new people.” Florenz sounded friendly but his gaze was a hard one that never left Elias’s face.

“Is that so?” Elias replied sceptically.

“We better get this meeting underway.” Eric announced to the group.

He bowed his head and moved to stand in front of the crowd of people.

“Welcome my friends. I know we have a lot to speak of tonight so I ask that you be patient we will get to all matters of interest.” Elyza moved to stand up on the side where she had a clear view of the man.

“I suppose we should start with the most obvious matter. The prophesy. Who would like to start?” A young man raised his hand.

“I heard that it is a woman and she is here, travelling with beasts.” The man said quietly.

“Beasts you say. Do we know what beasts?” Eric asked the man.

“No Sir. Although I heard a rumour she was with the turtles at one stage.” He ducked his head as if ashamed of saying this.

“Turtles haven’t been seen in many years, we all thought them extinct.” Eric responded thoughtfully.

“I know someone who saw her. She has hair as red as fire and eyes as green as emeralds. More beautiful than any that has lived before.” A man boasted from the back.

“And from whom did you hear this?” Eric demanded quite forcefully.

“She was at the guild not two months past. Walked in there all unsuspecting like and then fled like the wind.” The man responded.

“Do we know what her gift is?” Eric asked the crowd of people. The crowd was quite, then one small voice rang trough the room.

“Elemental.” Every head turned to look at a small boy who spoken the words.

“How do you know this laddie?” Eric spoke kindly to the boy.

“I was in the forest, huntin’. And I heard runnin’ and shoutin’ so I went see what was happening. I’m good at hiding you know, people never see me. So, I hid and watched. She threw them right off their feet without even touchin’ ‘em. She looked all surprised at her hands like she didn’ know what was happenin’ to ‘er. She turned n kept runnin’. I ain’t ever seen nothin’ like it.” Only at the end, did he raise his head and look at Eric, Wonder and truth in his eyes.

Elyza was shocked she did not know that anyone had seen her.

“Come here boy.” Eric beckoned the boy forward.

“May I?” The boy nodded. Eric put his hands on either side of the boys head. His hands began to glow a brilliant blue colour. Eric closed his eyes and for several minutes, they stood like that. Finally, Eric released the boy, bent down, and whispered something in his ear. The boy moved back to where he had stood and Eric stood up and addressed the crowd.

“He speaks the truth. She wields the power of the wind. This is more than we ever could have hoped for.”

“But will she help us?” A voice yelled out.

“Yeah maybe she will side with the queen. Then we will worse off than ever.” Came another voice.

Elyza could not believe this. They had put all their hope in a stranger from another world who did not understand what was happening to her let alone everyone else. Leading a rebellion was not something she thought she could do.

“Maybe if we showed her that we are willing to do whatever it takes for change she would see us as a side worth fighting for.” Elyza turned to see it was Rayleigh who had spoken.

“My dear many fights have been waged against the queen, every single one has been lost. I am not willing to risk lives for a fight we will lose.” Eric told her.

“But you are willing to risk hers. Why would she want to fight for us?” The room went silent.

“If we aren’t willing to put our own lives on the line for our freedom then why should she. Just because she can wield the power of the elements doesn’t make her indestructible. She is still putting her life on the line. All we do is talk and hide. I wouldn’t fight for us.” She demanded angrily.

“You said the power of the elements. Plural. You know more than you say girl.” Elyza saw a flash of fear in her eyes.

“What does it matter. Perhaps if we thought more of her fighting with us than for us we would have more success.” Florenz interjected.

“Your opinion has no meaning here Florenz.” Elias spat at him. People started talking and arguing and fights started breaking out. Elyza could not believe what she was seeing. Anger filled her.

“Stop this.” She yelled and tapped into her power to hold the people against the walls. Every eye went wide and looked at her in wonder.

“Rayleigh is right. I do not want to fight for you. I came to this world by accident; all I want is to go home before your world kills me. This is not my fight, it is yours and you do not want to fight in it. Nothing I have seen here tonight has changed my mind. The first matter you should have discussed was the boy that was taken. I saw it and every person stood there and watched. If you do not fight for your own why should I fight for them?” She released them and they all stood looking at her in shock.

“Florenz we are going.” She left the silent room and did not look back.


© 2017 KW Writing


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

92 Views
Added on September 1, 2017
Last Updated on September 1, 2017
Tags: Multiple Worlds, Fantasy, Unicorns, Magic, Flying Turtles, Trolls, Friendship, Discovery


Author

KW Writing
KW Writing

Australia



About
Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens Bright copper kettles and warm woollen mittens Brown paper packages tied up with strings These are a few of my favourite things. more..

Writing
Chapter 1 Chapter 1

A Chapter by KW Writing


Chapter 2 Chapter 2

A Chapter by KW Writing