A Boy Winter

A Boy Winter

A Poem by Shae Elena-Louise
"

A short telling of a boy winter.

"
He was Winter. Frigid. Icy. Raw. He didn't know of this name that he had been given, so the storms raged behind his eyes. The thunder cracked behind his ears. The snow fell from his mouth. 
Many thought that they could brave this storm. Some did. But what they never took the time to consider, was after.
Summer melted his icecaps and freed his frozen gaze, but she drowned in a tidal wave of the stares he had never shown.
Spring covered the snow with a variety of green stems and pink petals. People who waltzed between them picked every single one, until the bare snow was all there was once again and she had run out of seeds.
Autumn blew the snow off his skin and into the faces of others. She never knew how pale and fragile his skin could be, so she ran. 
After Autumn left, Winter didn't return to a soft, bitter snow. His hide hardened into ice. People would only continue to slip on his shell.
Then, by chance, he met another Winter. Just as cold. Just as broken. This Winter taught him how to mange his storms, so his eyes felt like soft clouds to those who cared to notice. They hummed to the sound of the thunder. The snow that came from his mouth became a thing of beauty. For every snowflake that fell was different from the last. 
The other Winter made his ice thicker so no one could fall through and drown. 
The other Winter taught people how to tread his frozen lakes without slipping.
The other Winter couldn't melt his snow and knew better than to change him.
Instead the other Winter shoveled the driveways of his mind so his thoughts could be shared without changing the way he thought.
The other Winter couldn't hide or take away what he was, but the other Winter could teach him how to love. 
He knew how to finally live.

© 2017 Shae Elena-Louise


Author's Note

Shae Elena-Louise
not exactly poetry, but not sure what else to call it. enjoy.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
jrc
the characters are four seasons, but at first I thought Winter was a person hehe lol

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

147 Views
1 Review
Added on January 9, 2017
Last Updated on August 18, 2017
Tags: winter, short story, spoken, weather, love, writing, poetry, prose poem, free verse

Author

Shae Elena-Louise
Shae Elena-Louise

reno, NV



About
I'm a not-necessarily-writer from Reno Nevada, just looking to share my words and not much else. more..

Writing