Coming Night (Poem)

Coming Night (Poem)

A Chapter by Haeshin
"

An expression of anxiety that gets worse at night.

"

The night! The night!

How I fear the night

The silent whispers, the building wave

The knowledge that the hour comes

And fear holds me in a vice

Drowning while dry as bone

I cannot speak without receiving shame

Too old to cry, to whine and cringe

There's naught to fear, or so it goes

Yet no task can draw away imagined horrors

No moment for a brief respite

Another night to come and go

Tomorrow, another day to the dreaded time

The night! The night!

How I fear the night

When all I can do is let it come



© 2016 Haeshin


Author's Note

Haeshin
I've been visiting the dentist almost monthly for a year, so my anxiety levels have been up high and starting to cause depression because whenever I think it's all over (except for the usual cleaning), yet another problem crops up! I'm so sick and tired of the constant visits and procedures, which have been nothing worse than cavity filling so far, but you never know if something might be seriously wrong. I'm starting to feel that it will never end and I should just give in, accept the fact that I'll always be visiting the dentist frequently.

I hate being depressed and melodramatic. This is one of my attempts to cope for yet another upcoming visit, as various relaxation techniques have yet to take effect, if ever.

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I really love your poem & I can relate to the dentist problem. I have no problem getting cavities & dread going to the dentist whenever I have an appointment. I honestly love the dentist, but not when I know all they're going to say & tell me the same things over and over. I also have permanent stains on my teeth that they told me just to "keep brushing" to help prevent them, but then tell me that they'll never go away and that I can't do anything to help. It's so irritating & ive recently become so self-conscious of my teeth that it makes me hate it...

Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

100 Views
1 Review
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 4, 2016
Last Updated on July 4, 2016
Tags: anxiety, fear, night


Author

Haeshin
Haeshin

CA



About
*Please provide feedback! Pick a story, any story, and try it out. *Things to Check Out* -Blog-Coms: Not every single day of my life is full of action and adventure (unless I'm watching a superh.. more..

Writing
Ade's Prayer Ade's Prayer

A Chapter by Haeshin