The elemental ceremony page 8

The elemental ceremony page 8

A Chapter by Hailey Pippitt

ready to serve what looked like a five-course meal. Expensive looking glass plates and white gold silverware lined the table. Crystal wine glasses were placed next to them.

“The meals at the mansion are prepared fresh daily!” I only hire the best chefs around from around the country.” President Walker exclaimed proudly. “I figured you might be hungry after all the walking,” when the ceremony is over we will eat together in celebration of your new accomplishments. “In the meantime, I have snacks for you in the kitchen.” The way she spoke was surprisingly was warm considering her reputation of being cold and not not much of talker. The chefs gave us each a fresh baked slice of a rich chocolate cake decorated with hardened ganache looking like it was dripping down the sides I could help but sigh with pleasure as the flavors of dark chocolate and orange zest fused together in perfect harmony. I felt like something, however was off I don’t know why but I was starting to get uncomfortable with the whole situation. Did Xander feel this way during his ceremony? The president almost seemed too friendly to me she didn’t seem like the type of person to execute people if they disobeyed her unexplained laws or starting asking too many questions. The groups of kids finished eating and we continued our tour.

President Walker spoke enthusiastically with each room we visited. Going on and on explaining the history of the ceremony and our town. “I’m sure you’re aware by now that how we given these powers is a unknown phenomenon, President Walker explained.


© 2019 Hailey Pippitt


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

35 Views
Added on June 6, 2019
Last Updated on June 6, 2019


Author

Hailey Pippitt
Hailey Pippitt

Cottage Grove , OR



About
I’m 18 almost 19 and have spastic Cerebral palsy. I love to write and share my writing with people. I also love to read and I volunteer at a nursing home and library where I do reviews on books .. more..

Writing