The elemental ceremony

The elemental ceremony

A Chapter by Hailey Pippitt
"

Page 10

"
I braved up enough courage to ask the president directly. “How did you know my name, I was trying to ask in a way that wasn’t accusatory but it was hard to keep the edge out of my voice.“I have my ways I happen to know way more about all of you than you could ever know about yourselves.” Walker had spoken like she just uncovered an ancient mystery about us all. “What do you mean?” I asked pressing her for more information.

President Walker didn’t answer me instead she turned back to face the crowd. “I must warn you this experience can be a little unpleasant at first.” she said; she sounded almost joyful like our potential suffering provided her with entertainment. “Ladies and gentlemen, of the four realms the 80th elemental ceremony is about to commence.”

The podium I had not seen earlier magically rose up from the floor and the president began listening names randomly into a microphone. “Tika Adams, Rachel Morgan, Dustin Anderson. I looked to see the boy the president had called up with me and Tika who I had not seen since we got here.


Dustin came walking up a few steps behind Tika who he was eying from behind. Studying her body and her long copper colored hair. Dustin eyes bore a look of recognition almost like they met before. I felt a pang in my heart as a tiny part of me wanted Xander to look at me the way he was looking at her.


© 2019 Hailey Pippitt


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

28 Views
Added on June 6, 2019
Last Updated on June 6, 2019


Author

Hailey Pippitt
Hailey Pippitt

Cottage Grove , OR



About
I’m 18 almost 19 and have spastic Cerebral palsy. I love to write and share my writing with people. I also love to read and I volunteer at a nursing home and library where I do reviews on books .. more..

Writing