The Fool

The Fool

A Chapter by xxxHailieyxxx
"

Meelonie Hopkins starts her new 14 year old life friday. As her mother prepares for a big birthday bash Meelonie meets a old 'friend' again.

"
"So Mel, what do you want for your birthday," my mom said scooping a huge piece of pizza into her mouth. I shrugged my shoulders, "Clothes, I guess". "Clothes I guess? What kind of answer is that, you asked for clothes last year and barley any of them fit you". I decided to shut my mouth for the rest of dinner.  My cheese pizza pie churned in my stomach. Mom's red curly hair flopped around her head her soft, hazel eyes flickered to different things around the room. A couple arguing to her left, a woman with a briefcase to her right. The waitress walked over to us handed mom a check. "Thank you for coming." The blonde waitress said smiling. Mom nodded as Blondie left. She rubbed her stomach outlining a scar. 
No, she can't start tonight, I looked at her "Mom I want to go shopping with you for my birthday". She cackled,"shopping? With you?" I nodded smiling a fake visage. "Actually that would be nice, Mel". Mission accomplished next objective get home. "I think we've been here long enough, huh?" Mom said grabbing her purse and standing up.  I nodded and draped my jacket over my left arm. Mom handed the check to Blondie and we walked out of The Pizzeria. I sat in the passenger seat and mom brought the car to life. "Vroom vroom."MOm said pulling out of the parking lot. She flipped on the radio and turned up the volume. I paid no heed to the carless auto tuned voices flowing thought the speakers. I just stared out of the window at the stores and houses passing by. 
It was maybe 30 minuets until we got home. Mom stepped inside and walked into her room and closed the door. I fell down onto my bed and let the comfort consume me. I wanted to change into something more appropriate like sweat pants and a tank top. So I pushed myself off the bed and walked over to my clothes drawer. Something fell out of my pocket and bounced on the floor. It was my phone, I picked it up and looked at it. "Two missed calls from Jeremy" it read. I groaned and clicked the green call button and placed it to my ear. "Hello?" Jeremy said acting like he didn't know I would call. "Cut the crap Jeremy why'd you call"? He sighed and caught his breath,"I'm sorry Mel". "That's funny now why'd you really call"? "No, seriously I'm sorry, about all the crap I put you through". 
My mind flashes back to a month ago. The pouring rain, my screams, and worst of all the loss of my dignity and a piece of myself. "What would you do for me?" I asked him pushing my brown hair out of my face and behind my ear. "Anything". I'm silent, "Hang up." The phone goes dead...
I wake up to my mom cooking breakfast, I sit up in the bed and look at my alarm clock, 9:17 AM. I'm still in my clothes from last night. "So much for changing clothes"I said and opened my bedroom door. "Morning mom" I said sitting down at the table. She beams a glittery smile at me. It made me feel a tad bit better. "So I'm going into town in a little bit you wanna come," Mom asked. "Sure, like I have nothing better to do". I bit into my waffle covered in warm syrup. "I hate how no matter how hard I try I ALWAYS get syrup on myself," Mom said aggravated. I giggled and put my empty plate into the dishwasher. "You ready to get going?" Mom said giving up on the waffle. "Yeah,"I slipped on my shoes and walked out of the front door. 
 Our town sits in the middle of two towns DeQuincy and Suphur. Both in Louisiana, In the United States on planet Earth. DeQuincy is the most sextist, racist, and hateful place you could ever go. If you don't believe what everyone else thinks, wear what everyone else wears and say what everyone else says, your'e a satanist and going to hell. My mom as transfered here for her new job as a writer/journalist.


© 2013 xxxHailieyxxx


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

i tried to give this chapter a little humour :) hope you guys like it!

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

108 Views
1 Review
Added on January 27, 2013
Last Updated on January 27, 2013


Author

xxxHailieyxxx
xxxHailieyxxx

Private information, LA



About
hi ._. more..

Writing