Daughter Of Knives

Daughter Of Knives

A Chapter by xxxHailieyxxx
"

As Meelonie browses the library she meets a young girl named, The Daughter Of Knives.

"
"So you want to go to the library"Mom asked as she pushed groceries into the car. "Yeah,if you don't mind". She looked at me,"of corse I don't mind. I love getting rid of you for a couple hours" she smiled. I made a shocked face and laughed. "C'mon kiddo,"Mom said getting in the car. Around the block was the DeQuincy Public Library, a smallplace filled with knowladge that nobody pays attention to. "Okay talk to strangers do drugs all that good stuff"Mom said letting me out at the library. "Okay Mom I won't do any of that good stuff." "Thats my girl"Mom laughed and pulled out of the concrete parking lot. The glass door was totally see through, I could see an older woman in snooty frame glasses and a Stage outfit. I walked through the door into the cold room. "Good afternoon maim" Miss Snooty said to me. I nodded at her and looked around, "is there anything I can help you with" Miss Snooty asked. "Actually yes, can you tell me where the horror novels are?" I said with a smile. She pointed with a long finger to the far east corner. "Thanks" I said and walked over to the isle. Nobody was in the cold room, or I thought.
In the horror isle was a tall, blonde, blue eyed woman. She turned and looked at me, "Hi there"She said with a smile melting me into oblivion. I waved and stood next to her, "I'm Meelonie Hopkins" I said with an average smile. Her eyelids had the blackest black eyeshadow and dark lips. Her skin could outshine the moon. I looked down at her shoes the were black boots with dark laces, and her leggings looked like they were made from black satin. She wore a silver white dress and a feathery belt. "Im Daughter of Knives" She said smiling at me. "That's your real name?" She nodded,"Yeah, I know it's a little odd." "No I like it. Can i call you Knives for short? "Yeah," Knives said. 
After minuets of talking to Knives we had talked about every great novel in the english language. "No Dracula was a materpiece" Knives said. "I never said it wasn't! I'm just saying The Scarlet letter was better". She laughed and shook her head, "You're crazy, but intresting I like you". The door opened and my mom walked in. "Ah hello Mel. Oh , who's this?" Mom asked shaking Knive's hand. "Mom this is Knives. Knives this is mom" I said. "Well she's very lovely." "Thanks you maim" Knives smiled. "Ah! And polite too how sweet!" Knives laughed,"well I would love to talk all day but I have somewhere I need to be." "Oh okay Knives I'll see you around" I said waving.  "Yes nice meeting you Knives" Mom said waving to her bye. Knives waved back at me and looked at Mom. She did somewhat of a bow and unhooked an umbrella. "Skin condition can't be in the sun too long or else" Knives said. Mom and I nodded. Knives waved and left the library. "Well, she seems nice" Mom said smiling. "She is and she's different I like her." Mom hugged me, "How pleasant," she plugged the keys into the ignition and started the car. I hopped in and buckled my seatbelt. 
"You hungry?" Mom said pulling into a Mcdonalds. "Yeah I can eat" I said getting out of the car and slamming the door shut. When we got inside I picked a seat next to the large window and waited for Mom. A few moments later mom sat across from me and settled into her tiny chair. "Mom" I said when we got our food. "Yeah hun?" Mom said. "How come when Knives left she bowed to you?" I asked sipping my Dr Pepper. Mom shrugged, "Maybe she was taught to respect her elders." I laughed," isn't that the truth." Mom looked at me and threw a few french fries at me. "Hey!" I laughed.


© 2013 xxxHailieyxxx


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

reviews please! :D

Posted 11 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

110 Views
1 Review
Added on January 27, 2013
Last Updated on January 27, 2013


Author

xxxHailieyxxx
xxxHailieyxxx

Private information, LA



About
hi ._. more..

Writing