My Soldier

My Soldier

A Poem by tri.girl94

He's back. And it feels as though my soul feels his presence, that we're somehow connected, him and I. My heart pounds, my skin tingles, I am overly aware of every breath. My body misses him, his touch but more his presence. To know he is so near yet so far is torture, and it's as though every fiber, every nerve, every atom that makes up my being feels this torture, this longing to feel he is close again. Its a tiring feeling, exhausting all emotions, all senses. It over takes the mind, the soul. It demands your every attention.

 

And, through all of this is fear. Fear that he doesn't feel it too. Fear that he doesn't feel anything. Fear that all of what you think you know is fantasy, something you made up in the desperate corners of your emotions to feel a belonging. But you still remember his words, his I love you. Your skin remembers his touch, his arms around you, lips on your lips, skin touching skin. Such a virgin touch it was between you, yet it was nothing new. But at the same time it was new, and it seemed to familiar, like it was engrained in your souls. The touch of the other. Its as if the individual had nothing to do with that moment, that kiss, rather your soul took over and said "yes, this is my missing piece. This is my other half".

 

As you lay there, with this strange feeling you wonder if he feels it too. If he feels his soul feeling yours. Because that's what this feeling has to be, your soul feeling his soul. There's no other explanation you can think of. And that's when you know, you live him infinitely.

© 2013 tri.girl94


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

58 Views
Added on November 21, 2013
Last Updated on November 23, 2013
Tags: army, love, best friends

Author

tri.girl94
tri.girl94

About
I'm currently studying biology at UW-Madison. I've always been a huge "english subject" fan and wanted to major in it until I realized I did not want to teach. Every now and then I get, what I think a.. more..