What To Know When Putting Discus Fish For Sale

What To Know When Putting Discus Fish For Sale

A Story by hamnaabobaker
"

The best word to describe the Rio Negro native fish known as the Discus is remarkable.

"

The best word to describe the Rio Negro native fish known as the Discus is remarkable. These fish that hail from the Amazon basin and South America have quickly become some of the most popular fish for aquariums in both commercial and residential settings. One of the unique features of the Discus fish is its compressed body that does not have extended fins. If you are con-sidering adding these wonders of the freshwater world to your aquarium, here are 3 things you should take into consideration.

 

1. Discus Fish Are Social - Discus fish are the social butterfly of the freshwater world. In nature they are known to travel in large groups and to display extremely complex social behaviors. It is recommended not to purchase a solitary Discus fish as it will not thrive on its own.

 

2. There Were Only 3 Original Colors - It might be hard to believe it nowadays when looking at the wide variety of colors that Discus fish are available in, but in nature the fish originally only came in 3 colors. They were green, brown and blue. Now, thanks to captive breeding, Discus fish for sale can be found in an endless array of vivid colors.

 

3. You Need to Get a Certain Aquarium Size - Since Discus are social fish, you're going to want to get at least 5 of them to start with. This means purchasing at minimum a 250 L aquarium, and then stocking it with plants and driftwood. Remember to keep it out of direct sunlight.

 

Anyone who is ever seen the Discus fish realizes that these fish are spectacular. Their popularity continues to grow thanks that unique shape and their outstanding colors. They are literally living works of art. The people at Living Reef Marine Aquariums are specialists in dealing with Discus fish. Learn more about what they offer by visiting livingreefaquariums.com.au.

© 2014 hamnaabobaker


Author's Note

hamnaabobaker
The best word to describe the Rio Negro native fish known as the Discus is remarkable.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1122 Views
Added on August 5, 2014
Last Updated on August 5, 2014
Tags: Fish, For Sale

Author

hamnaabobaker
hamnaabobaker

Honesdale, PA



About
Gary has been an author since age six when he wrote his first sentence, 'The man was on the ship' in Mrs. Dunn's first grade class at PS 105, Bronx NY in September 1973. By day, he currently resides .. more..

Writing