If you knew the truth...

If you knew the truth...

A Stage Play by TheCreativityItself
"

Monologue about a blind girl, who's written a letter.

"

Dear me,

 

If I tell the truth, you wouldn't want to know me anymore. On the outside I'm a shy girl. I don't yell, talk or whisper. I listen. People think ' She has lost her tongue.' but I have nothing to say. I listen, at least they think so. People can tell their problems to me. They come to me and tell their stories without wanting any respons. they come to me and talk and talk but they don't look at me, because they're scared.
My eyes were empty as the night, I can't see what other see. I am blind.
There are also people who don't like me. They tease me. The taunt, kick and beat me.


Once during class I was walking to my chair and by mistake I stand on someone's toe. "Hey look out you blind fool!". Once again this shy girl was insulted. The anger came over me like a volcanic eruption. I whispered, talked, screamed, cried. Everyone stared at me like I had become alive, like a deadman had risen. They looked at me, just me. I turned red. Would they be able to see it to me? Was it that obvious? I was so red I looked like a tomato. Glad  that I couldn't see my own face. The teacher looked at me. "Isn't that a bit extreme?". I sat down. The rest of that day I was quiet as a mouse. The sun didn't shine for me. 

That same day when I went to the teacher he said to me "You should WATCH out a little more." I walked out of the classroom angrily, out of the school. There were the children waiting for me, they began to beat me. Every time I was beaten I burst into a sea of tears.

 

When I went to high school, I wasn't bullied anymore. I lived in hell and now in heaven. I've promised myself to make some friends and don't lie to them.  I've succeeded in the first, but I haven't succeeded in the second. Because I have to tell you about my parents, my parents often talk to me. They say I shouldn't come out of the house, that I scare people off and that nobody dares to be friends. I don't blame them, because besides that I'm blind I'm also very ugly. 

            But I felt alone and wanted to get any friends. And I made a friend, I write letters to her. It's a very nice girl. she has quite a lot of imagination and you can have lots of fun with her.

I'll tel you who it is, I'm friends with myself.
You must know now, I never told anyone before that I'm blind. I don't walk with a stick. I've never seen the green grass. You think you know me, but nobody knows me. Not even I.

You've always said to me, People learn from their mistakes. But I know people learn from their mistakes that they don't learn from their mistakes. You really have to understand that. It even would be nice if you would buy a pair of glasses so you could read my letters. But you can't help it, did you really think that you would understand?

Now you know this, I would understand if you don't want to be friends any longer.
Maybe this is a mistake, but I can't help it. One doesn't learn from mistakes.

Sincerely,

Yourself

 

 

 

 

© 2012 TheCreativityItself


My Review

Would you like to review this Stage Play?
Login | Register




Reviews

I am working on a second dear me, The letters!!!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is great. I was absolutely captivated by it. I love the bit about not learning from your mistakes and then reiterating it at the end. Perfect ending. P.S. Thanks for your review of my writing. I very much appreciate it.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is so beautiful. I think you should write more stories like these, it's really good. You describe things well and it is well written.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

What an intense piece. Her teacher, classmates and parents are the ugly, blind ones instead. Wish I could give the girl strength to break free.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really like it :) I want to read more of your work if thats okay! :) x

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


Even in English, this is very beautiful. Well done, my dear friend!

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

392 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on June 2, 2011
Last Updated on April 12, 2012
Tags: monologue, letter, teasing, blindness

Author

TheCreativityItself
TheCreativityItself

Alphen aan den Rijn, Netherlands



About
I love reading, writing, acting, painting, dancing en singing :) I am just being myself var wp_user="HananjaBreedveld";var wp_size=0; more..

Writing