Being followed - #1

Being followed - #1

A Story by hardscoper6
"

Wallace is being followed, but by who? ...or what?

"

Have you ever had a feeling you were being followed? I have. In fact, I always feel that way. At home, at school, at work, it’s always there. When I lie in bed, when I bathe, when I’m outside, it’s ALWAYS there. I guess I should introduce myself, I’m Wallace. I have brown short hair and green eyes. I’m 5’7” and wear glasses. I live in Toronto, which is located in Canada. I am 16, and these sensations of being watched have gone for 6 years prior. I’m not exactly popular at my school, I’m kind of a loner. I’m at home by myself most of the time, as well. My older brother left for college and both my parents are often gone as work keeps them from home. I work at a grocery store as a grocery clerk. Even there I’m not very social. I go in, spend most of my time alone, occasionally talk to a customer and then once my shift is done, I head home. As you can imagine, having hardly any social contact with anyone could possibly cause this dark figure and the other strange happenings, but I believe it’s real. I guess I should give you a bit more information on my predicament. My problem first started happening when I was 10, as I said before. It bothered me a lot at first, but as time passed, I began to get used to it until I didn’t even notice it at all. However, this changed as I grew. It steadily got worse as I got older. I always felt that sensation of being watched so that never bothered me, but when I started seeing things, that spooked me. A dark figure followed me, and it wasn’t my imagination or something. However, I never got a good look at this figure as it would duck out of view every time I almost got a good look at it. I knew one thing for sure, it was real and that scared me, though I just continued with my regular life, as I didn’t have much of a choice and the figure never really did harmed me in anyway. At least, I knew my feelings of being watched weren’t me going crazy. That still may be questionably though, as I have started hearing voices now, too. For example, most days I get the house to myself and will be watching television when I hear my name being called. I’d never heard the voice before but it sure scared the s**t out of me when I first heard it. It’s was a quiet, squeaky, raspy voice that is hard to hear. I could barely hear it at first but then it felt like it was getting closer, pulling me away from my show. This startled me causing me to jump and looking frantically around for the source. The voice had stopped after I had noticed it. That’s when I armed myself with a broom, hoping it would have the ability to defend me if the need should arise. I crept through each room, checking every spot I could think of that an invader might hide in, keeping my broom nearby at all times. I never managed to find the source of the voice but this continued to happen from time to time and I would go through the same routine but to no avail. I remember when I finally got a good look at the figure one night. I was in the living room, doing some homework in front of the television, when I heard a large crash from the floor above me, in my room. I grabbed the broom, that had now found a customary spot of its own in the living room, and raced up the stairs as fast as I could. Down the hallway I flew and tore open my bedroom door. There, standing in the center of my room, was the figure. The figure had the same body shape and type as that of a human, except it didn’t have any defining features to it.  The figure, who I assumed was male, from the little features I could make out and just it’s overall posture, The figure had a grey shade of skin that somehow wavered. It’s back was rigid but it was still about the same height as me. The only other defining feature of this figure was it’s eyes that were a soft blue. They burrowed into me, as I stood motionless in the door, broom raised to attack, if necessary. The figure moved cautiously towards me. Startled, I fell backwards, dropping the broom and crying out as my head hit the wall behind me. My head ached but I managed to sit myself up. The figure looked as if he was reaching out to me but then he stopped and questioned himself. Instead of helping me, he backed away, and then did something I wasn’t expecting.
“Wallace,” It spoke in that raspy, quiet tone I’d heard so many times before. “I- I’m s-sorry.”
It seemed to have problems getting the last part of the sentence out, as if it were still learning to speak. It clearly knew my name well, however, which bothered me for some reason. Before I could think about that he was gone out the window. When I had the wits together I rushed over to check it out but found nothing but our lonely quiet neighborhood. It seemed the figure had knocked over a tower of dishes I had been meaning to bring down to the kitchen. Mom wasn’t going to be happy about that, especially since I couldn’t tell her the truth. I knew I’d get speech about keep dishes in my room rather than bringing them downstairs. I picked up the mess, though my mind was somewhere else at the time, then trotted downstairs with the broken dishes all in a trash bag. I made my way to the backdoor, where our trash can was kept. I tossed the bag inside and then turned to go back inside when I spotted something out of the corner of my eye. I turned and saw two glowing blue eyes watching from the bushes. They were only there for another few seconds before darting off. I was shaken up so I went inside, made myself a sandwich and sat back down in front of the television, trying to take my mind off of what just happened. It was obvious I wasn’t going to get my homework done tonight and I was sure to get scolded by the teacher, but the again, how was I to concentrate on that. I couldn’t even focus on the television. Instead I sat there, staring at the ceiling, just thinking, listening to the unnerving silence of the house. Thinking about those blue eyes.

© 2013 hardscoper6


Author's Note

hardscoper6
A new series of stories I have started, let me know of any spelling mistakes or grammar errors.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

211 Views
Added on January 29, 2013
Last Updated on January 29, 2013
Tags: black, figure, being, followed