The Tale of Two Spartans

The Tale of Two Spartans

A Story by hardscoper6
"

Just another funny story I wrote about a friend and I, and our favorite game, halo.

"

Tim steps off the train. A group of people surround him, quickly changing him into his suit as he walks forward. A small, shy girl runs up beside him. It was his secretary. She hands him a file folder and his coke, just the way he likes it. He gets into the vehicle waiting in the train station parking lot. Opening the file folder, he finds his mission. Graduation. Suddenly, a barrage of plasma bullet fly their way, it would seem the elites had be waiting for him. The elites carried storm rifles and wore suits. Tim grabs his magnum and goes to open the car door. A spartan slams down on the ground in front of him, a jet pack strapped to his back. "Go, Tim!" yelled the spartan as it returned fire on the elites. Tim attempts to open the door again, but the spartan slams the door shut, ripping its helmet from its head. It was Simon beneath the spartan armor. "Tim. Don't worry about me. You have a graduation to get to!" The driver then slammed on the gas, leaving Simon behind to fight back the hordes of elites.

Tim sat at his graduation with all his classmates. Of course, how could Tim sit at the graduation, knowing his friend was fighting for his safety. "Tim Cosstick." The principle called on Tim from the stage to accept his diploma. Tim rose from his seat and approached the stage. The principle spoke to him, told him how proud the school was to have him as a student. However, without a second thought, Tim jumped off the stage and raced out of the auditorium. The crowd was in shock, some of the crowd laughed, others asked aloud if he was okay. Tim didn't listen. It was his turn to save Simon.

Sweat poured down Tim's face as he raced through the streets back to the train station. Was his friend okay? He would find out momentarily, as the train station came into view. Tim jumped out of the car and proceeded to look around. There was no sign of the elite or Simon anywhere. Where could they be? The only thing Tim found was Simon's helmet he had taken off. Tim stared at it for a short time but drew up blank. Anger flowed through him as he kicked the helmet. It soared through the air, coming down and striking something hard and metallic in a nearby bush. Tim looked at the bush questionably, then went to inspect them. A smile broke across his face at what he found.

Tim sped along the train tracks following the red blip on the radar. It was the only lead Tim had right now and so he followed it. Down the back road he went, until he came to his old home. He stopped there and entered the home. He walked straight to his old room and entered. Checking under his bed, his spartan armor was still under the bed where he had left it. He suited up and grabbed his assault rifle from under the bed. Outside, he jumped back on the ghost he had found in the bushes at the train track. He continued to the red blip. It took him far out of town and eventually led him to an old factory. At the front doors of the factory, two elites stood guard. Tim stopped a ways away from the elites and pulls his knife out. He snuck up to the first elite and stuck his knife into his neck, quickly dispatching of him. The second, however, wasn't so easy. He had seen the first elite go down. He pulled up his storm rifle and opened fire. Tim took cover and with his assault rifle, returned fire. Tim soon finished the elite off, as well, then searches the elites and finds a key card on one. He opens the front door and steps inside.

Tim quickly made his way through the building, weaving through the hallways searching for any sign of his friend. He found Simon deep in the factory, held in a makeshift cell. Tim walked up to the bars. Simon’s head was hung, staring at the floor. Tim tossed the helmet, through the bars, onto the bench next to Simon. Simon looked up from it in excitement. “Tim!” Tim smiled. “Get suited up spartan.”

Once again, Simon returned to his gear, and alongside Tim, they made their way through the factory. It was the greatest battle they had fought. Waves of grunts, jackals, brutes and elites crashed against them, doing their best to stop the two Spartans. Tim and Simon quickly dispatched of them, leaving a trail of their enemies bodies behind them. There was but one elite left, the commander from the train station. He stood from his thrones and smiled, as best as an elite can smile. “Impressive. For the two of you to make it this far alone, however, I can let you go on no longer.” The elite pull an energy sword and needler out and prepared to fight. The spartans pulled up there assault rifles, ready. The begin firing on the elite. He moves like lighting, dodging here and there, pasted their bullets. He slams Simon to the ground and prepares to plunge his energy sword into Simon’s throat. Tim makes it just in time, butting his rifle into the elites face, sending the sword flying through the air and the elite sprawling back. This made the elite furious, he points his needler at Tim. “Last move, spartan.” He snarled at Tim.

“Not quite.” A shot burst, striking the needler out of the elites hand. Simon was on his feet, he lowered his rifle and nodded to Tim. Tim nodded back, then turned back to the elite. He stepped forward. “Time to pay for your crimes.” Tim pointed his rifles barrel at the elites head and sent a single shot flying through his head. The elite dropped lifelessly to the ground.

Simon and Tim moved back through the compound, stopping in the covenant vehicle bay before leaving. “Alright, there’s are a few ghost over he- Simon?” Tim looked around confused, Simon was there a second ago, where had he gone? Tim went back around the corner and found Simon looking at a hulking object covered by a tarp. “Simon, let’s get going.” Simon didn’t move. “Simon? You ok?” Tim waved in front of Simon’s helmet. Simon snapped back to reality, and pointed at the tarp. “Why do they have one of those?” Tim turned and was just as confused.

The spartans flew down the road. “I still don’t understand why the covenant had a UNSC hog.” “Don’t question it, Simon, just enjoy it!” Tim swung the massive warthog cannon here and there. “You know, Tim, we still have time to make it back to the graduation…” Tim stared at him for a moment, then laughed. “Let’s do this.”

Simon and Tim rolled up to the front of the school, parking the warthog. They strode into the school, in their bloody, banged up spartan gear and walk into the auditorium. Everyone looks shocked to see them, one lady screams and faints. The two spartans walk up onto the stage, taking their helmets off. “Tim Cosstick, I’m here to accept my diploma.” Tim stands before the principle who looks scared out of their wits. “A… And you?” He trembles as he turns to Simon. “I’m with him.” He nods to Tim. Then they both walk off stage and out the doors. The crowd erupts in cheer. Tim and Simon fist bump on the way out. “Time to fight some covies.”

© 2013 hardscoper6


Author's Note

hardscoper6
just another funny story, strictly for amusement

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

This was an enjoyable read! :D Especially since its about Halo! Nice job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


hardscoper6

11 Years Ago

thanks! :D
The Invisible Girl

11 Years Ago

You're welcome! :D

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

373 Views
1 Review
Rating
Added on January 29, 2013
Last Updated on January 29, 2013
Tags: halo, battle, awesome

Author

hardscoper6
hardscoper6

Stratford, Canada



Writing