ED

ED

A Poem by Mir
"

Ya.

"

When you're in your darkest hour,

I'll be there to knock you farther.

I'll make you believe I care.

It'll get so bad, you'll always need me there.

You'll say you hate me and try to leave,

But you'll come back as quick as you breathe.

You don't know it, but I've trapped you.

You want to tell someone but you don't know who.

I've made you think that no one wants you around.

You turn to me, unaware that I'm only going to knock you down.

Your friends try to help but I scare them away.

They see what you don't so you don't understand the hurtful words they say.

All this pain brings you closer to me.

You're too far in, now you'll never see.

You'll never go back to the girl you were before.

Because I've locker her away and took the key to the door.

I've made you believe that you were'nt pretty before you met me.

You thought you'd be strong enough to resist, you underestimated the power of an ED.

© 2012 Mir


Author's Note

Mir
Sad, but oh so very true. I think this is my longest poem.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

ugh... kicks me in the gut, the heart, and in the soft spots of my love. you go to a place where many find it hard to even acknowledge... such great courage in you. very beautiful. very touching. I know its a sad piece... and doesnt feel 'good'... but the power of anyone who writes such 'deep' craft, will destroy, in the end, any such Ed's that exist in the world... thank you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Truly putting EDs into a brutal light. People that suffer from them, such as myself, thank you for your brutal and somewhat shaming honesty. Easy to connect to, hard to digest (no pun intended...) We need more poetry out there like this, helping to raise awareness of the torture that is going on in our minds that we surely are unable to fight off on our own. Help is necessary, but not known its needed. Thank you. A strong, powerful write that, although somewhat emotionally triggering, may help others spring forward to try and change the circumstances around them. Seeing things like this on paper can really make one think. Beautiful rhetoric, well executed. Thank you.

Posted 10 Years Ago


This poem was just amazing, so strong and written truly, and just right.. great job on this!

Posted 10 Years Ago


Oh wow. This is real, touching, brutally honest.
A stunning piece Miranda :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mir

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much! :)
"All this pain brings you closer to me.

You're too far in, now you'll never see.

You'll never go back to the girl you were before.

Because I've locker her away and took the key to the door. "
Wow. That is some goos poetry...:)


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mir

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much! :D
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

My pleasure...:)
Unreal Miranda.
You're extremely skilled and well versed.
Never stop
You kick a*s

Love & Respect

Trish-

Posted 10 Years Ago


Mir

10 Years Ago

Thanks so much!!! :D That means so much to me. I always feel really average with my writing...ha...
Tricia O'Brien

10 Years Ago

You are far from average.
Keep doing your thing
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Mir
Not to sound conceited, but I'm actually really proud of this poem. I went back and read it for the first time since I posted it, and it was like reading with a fresh pair of eyes. I felt like someone else wrote it.
i think we all deserve our conceited and self-appreciated moments. This is mine. :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


Your friends try to help but I scare them away.
They see what you don't so you don't understand the hurtful words they say.

This is just a wonderful piece, to render me speechless is rare... this is one of those times. Im in tears


Posted 11 Years Ago


Mir

11 Years Ago

I'm sorry this made you cry, but I'm extremely happy it touched you enough to do so! Thank you for y.. read more
Jordan's Back

11 Years Ago

Never apologies for the drops from a poets soul!
"You don't know it, but I've trapped you.
You want to tell someone but you don't know who."

So many men do this, it's a very selfish act one should feel great guilt and remorse for. Why grab hold of a women's mind just to torture her and make her unhappy in the long run. Well a fake sense of happy, a forced sense of happy. Trapped. Thanks for sharing this!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mir

11 Years Ago

Haha, I just figured you saw those two lines in another way!
Damien Davison

11 Years Ago

Haha, unfortunately I saw the poem in another way... But it was good either way! I should've known i.. read more
Mir

11 Years Ago

Haha, it was a good different way! And thank you:)
I cried a bit. While I've never battled an eating disorder, my close friends have. It's painful to know that people go through this. It almost sounds like the poem could be about depression, with the fact that it always returns to you.

But what a big, fat, horrible lie eating disorders are...

Great write, though!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mir

11 Years Ago

It's okay. It'll go away eventually. Hopefully. But I'm still smiling so it's okay! :)
devon

11 Years Ago

I'm glad you're still smiling. :)
Mir

11 Years Ago

:) Me too.

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

627 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on November 28, 2012
Last Updated on November 28, 2012
Tags: eating disorder eat problem hurt, were, before, lock, key, door, pretty

Author

Mir
Mir

OK



About
Hello! I'd like to put a little note here thanking each and every one of you that has ever viewed my work! It honestly means so much and the comments you guys have left are amazing. So thank you tha.. more..

Writing
Four Senses Four Senses

A Poem by Mir



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Perpetrator Perpetrator

A Story by EvErEyEs


My Path My Path

A Poem by Mir


sink sink

A Poem by AleyshaRosa