My Path

My Path

A Poem by Mir
"

I wrote this instead of learning about the History of America:P

"

I'm taking a path; a long winding road.

Trying to find my place; my home.

I don't know where I'm at, there aren't any signs.

I took my own path, now I'm lost on the sidelines.

I don't know who I am; a constant search of mine.

I live out of daydreams with no sense of time.

I ignored all their demands, trying to become my own person.

But it backfired on me because now I don't feel human.

I used to be vibrant, happy, and fun.

Now I'm lucky to feel anything but numb.

Laughing used to be easy but now it's become a chore.

I need a way out; an exit; a door.

It's taken awhile but I've finally become guarded.

I've become a hard shell, yet I'm still kind-hearted.

This path is empty, aside from me.

I find myself thinking, "Is this how it's supposed to be?"

My life used to be a rainbow, not so dark and dreary.

It's hard to think back on memories without getting teary.

I've blocked everyone out, making them believe I don't care.

When secretley, I just want someone to help; to be there.

I've come to an opening at the top of the path;

I'm upon a hill, observing the lives I passed.

Wishing I was normal; wishing I was free.

But I'm not, because I've lost who I used to be.

© 2012 Mir


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

I came across this one reading a reveiw for mine. It was a "related" piece. but it's not related, it's so much better!.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mir

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your review!:) May I ask what the name of your poem is? I'd like to read it!
Annabelle Lee

11 Years Ago

Annabelle Lee... No Ifs, Ands, Or Buts
Now this is beautiful. I am here to tell you this is normal. It is what our society does to us, from so many different ways. The main thing is you are aware of it, you have seen it. Once you are aware of that part of you that is not the real you, the hardest part is done. Now you just need to keep remembering that part that you remember you use to be. Because sweet Miranda, that is the real you, that is the you which is Miranda, the other is illusion. But the illusion will start to fade once you are aware and work toward remembering and becoming th e real you. I am help, I am there. You are normal, we are all going through this, stick with, stay the long fight, there are changes coming, we are going back to the universal law, the higher law. There will be peace, there will be cooperation, there will be no war, there will be higher consciousness for all, if we stay the fight and increase each our own consciousness; in so increasing the consciousness of All. We are all connected, we are all free, it is only the illusion that we are trained to be that keeps us separated, alone, afraid. This is a beautiful poem from your heart, that is where the best of your writing will come from, write about the things that really matter. You are free, it is only your illusion that is not, and you can break free of the illusion. Please read ... One Vibration by Healing Star. It will help, the one vibration is your inner vibration, your frequency within you, it is also the vibration of the Universe. Everything in the universe is Frequency is vibration, kind of like music but in many different forms. You sound a lot like my daughter Laura with your love of writing. She graduated with a Bachelor of Fine Arts last year. She has a shop on Etsy.com she makes mostly animal pillows. Search for Esty Laura Frisk, she has a great article when she had a featured shop last July on Etsy. Keep up the writing and keep up the work on the real Miranda, she is still there. I have just discovered remembering back as young as I can remember helps me to know the real me is still in there, I am still the innocence, no matter how many years we get away from that; we are not our experience or what we have we are so much more than that, so much more. Be the creator that you are Miranda.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mir

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your review:)
This is a very interesting piece, It has kind of a sorrowful-meets-disparity, with a touch of desire of epiphany. you express yourself well and you have a keen sense for relating to a readers perceptions.

Life is a journey...... Always try for the right path.
Excellent job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mir

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for your kind review:)!
I don't quite have anything to say about this. I will say that the message would have been lost among the jumble of thoughts if it hadn't been so well-written. As a reviewer I think it is my job to tell you that this was reflective, because it is. I could imagine some lonely person walking on the edge of a dirt road, sun glaring at them, they walk on the edge as if someone will run them over with a car. Alas, there is absolutely no one else. It strikes up some great visual aids and paints an indubitable picture of the scene. I actually think you learned something about the history of the United States of America (because America is a combination of two very different continents) while writing this piece. You thought about the struggle and the hard road from both ends, you met in the middle. Again, I like how reflective this is. Nicely penned!
Best regards,
Dell

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mir

11 Years Ago

At first I thought you were going to say something terribly bad about this, but you didn't. Thank yo.. read more
Phillitup

11 Years Ago

Of course!
I think we all feel like this at some time in our lives sadly. I hope you find the real you again assuming this is written due to your own circumstances. I really liked it though

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mir

11 Years Ago

Thank you for your review. And It's a slow process.
.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Wow! I can definitely tell you love writing! You are so good at it! You intrigue and capture the reader and make them want to keep reading! This particular poem really relates to me. It is as if I am just continuing thinking on from the poem you commented on from my profile! You have a great way of bringing the reader into your poetry and really feeling the emotions you put into your work.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mir

11 Years Ago

Thank you so much for that! :D
I do love it very much! haha And I honestly think I'm not that.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Aly
I love all of this. Every word. I love how when I read your writing I can picture everything and with all of your poems I can relate at least a little. Keep up the good work!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Mir

11 Years Ago

Thank you..again! I honestly can't thank you enough for actually reviewing all of the requests I sen.. read more
Aly

11 Years Ago

Welcome! Thanks for sending them! I love reading! Haha.
I'd say - this is a way better and more productive way of spending one's time than studying history (as much as I like it and as interesting as I may find it)!
You did an amazing job and I absolutely love the flow and the rhyme scheme.
Moreover, I like the topic. I guess everybody feels like that at some point. As for me, I've long since given up on trying to get anywhere. Life's a matter of moving forward till it's over. And I want to enjoy the way as much as possible, enjoy the scenery, take in every moment.
Hope you can go back to doing the same!

Posted 11 Years Ago


Nath

11 Years Ago

You're welcome, and writing about what troubled me always helped me, so I hope it has the same effec.. read more
Mir

11 Years Ago

It definitley does! I'm glad it helps you as well :)
Nath

11 Years Ago

Sure does, thnx^^
For some reason, this brought back a very Dr. Seuss kind of feel for me! I loved it. You're so talented, Miranda! I think you should maybe print out a couple of your favorite poems you've written and give them to your teacher. Who knows? She could help you get published in your school newspaper or a local magazine. You deserve more recognition!

Posted 11 Years Ago


devon

11 Years Ago

Yeah, I do the same!
Mir

11 Years Ago

Great minds think alike! ;)
devon

11 Years Ago

They most certainly do!!

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

566 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Added on December 1, 2012
Last Updated on December 1, 2012
Tags: path, hill, dreams, person, sidelines, alone, home, don't, know, signs, none, human, hard, shell, rainbow, dark, dreary, teary

Author

Mir
Mir

OK



About
Hello! I'd like to put a little note here thanking each and every one of you that has ever viewed my work! It honestly means so much and the comments you guys have left are amazing. So thank you tha.. more..

Writing
Four Senses Four Senses

A Poem by Mir



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..