Resolute

Resolute

A Poem by Chris

Go right ahead.

Give me another reason.

Haven't you heard?

I learned of your treason.

Villian, traitor, enemy of the state,

I'll be there when you meet your end.

You are doomed to meet this fate.

The wounds I'll leave you with no one can mend.

Don't play the fool.

Don't pretend you're innocent.

You are nothing more then a ghoul,

a monster ever so virulent.

All those people you killed,

the web of lies you built,

this treachery you instilled,

yet you never felt any guilt.

Welcome to your end you urchin,

no longer will you be my burden.

 

© 2011 Chris


Author's Note

Chris
A man murdered my father. A man who was my father's friend.
If I was ever given the chance to face him, these would be my final words to him.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I wish that I knew the context you were writing this poem in D: I like it because it has an angry, contemptuous tone, but I can't appreciate it fully because I'm not making out what it is supposed to be about. I checked out the picture to help me decipher it and....well I liked the picture, but probably for the wrong reasons xp.

So the poem is a bit mysterious for me. The first time through, I felt like it was from the point of view of an executioner speaking to a political prisoner, maybe, but when I read through it a second time I thought you might've just been speaking euphemistically, and describing something more personal. Either way, the feeling of anger and the desire for vengeance against a perceived wrongdoer definitely comes through forcefully. The first rhyme in the poem, ahead/heard, I thought was kind of awkward, but the rest of the lines are good and striking. "A monster ever so virulent" was the most forceful condemnation of whoever the object of this poem is. It's a solid poem, but I wish there was a description on it so that I could read it 'properly' I guess--then again, maybe part of it's magic is that the reader can project onto it whatever meaning they like.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

This is absolutely amazing, and very well worded :) I can't help but be utterly JEALOUS of the assload of talent you've managed to shove into one tiny poem :) Great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


this is amazing, well done, i can feel your upset and anger running through the words.
FaithfullyJenny x

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow. i couldnt have said it better my self.. i love this

Posted 12 Years Ago


0 of 1 people found this review constructive.

first work that i have read of yours and i am completely blown away. nice work!! very nice!!

Posted 12 Years Ago



2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

582 Views
14 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on April 13, 2011
Last Updated on April 14, 2011

Author

Chris
Chris

Hanover, MD



About
My birthday is the 26th of May 1992. Quotes: "We're the middle children of history, man--no purpose or place. We have no great war. No great depression. Our great war's a spiritual war. Our grea.. more..

Writing
Happy Birthday Happy Birthday

A Poem by Chris


Wasted Wasted

A Poem by Chris


Love Love

A Poem by Chris



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..