The Exile

The Exile

A Story by Hayden

An urban legend speaks of a man who lived in a small city that was ravaged by poverty and sodomy, ruled by council whose eyes are veiled from the truth and the truth, hindered by the so-called truthsayers, do not dare to even speak a hint of it. He served the failing education system with a sense of duty to children who cannot see a bright future for themselves. He was their beloved brother and father-like figure, which most younglings do not have such a role model these days. Although, he cannot speak of the hidden gospels to them, yet he goes through the dark alleys to reveal the light to them.
The mind of this brave (and probably foolish) young soul has always questioned society's routines of the sun and the moon, however. He became more curious as he continued to delve into the deeps of the corruption around, masking his every move he makes so he cannot be recognized. He always changes his character whenever he feels compromised. A new accent, a new identity and new attire for the background he chooses accordingly. He even entered sacred temples like a thief in the night and witnessed the desecration of the grounds for the first time through their unholy acts.
After what he has seen with his own eyes and heard with his ears, he became disgusted. He could no longer look at the city the same way he was taught in his youth. A great thought came and to his own senses, he needed to speak out with a roaring thunder.
One day, he challenged all of them at once with one question.
"Why do you lead these sheep to their deaths?"
They do not understand what he meant by sheep. They did not understand what he meant by death.
"I tell you, you speak of vile poison and they swallow it into their veins," says the challenger, "look what you have done to them! You have sent them a fate unescapable! Their hearts have turned to stone, their vision distorted, their mouths run dry and their intelligence defiled!"
"You are a respected teacher, who has done great honor," the council comments, "but what you are bringing is accusation against us! We have done nothing wrong! We have made laws and policies that we could keep this flock away from evils. We have created equality for all. Everyone here is living in peace, but why must you disrupt it?"
"How veiled, you are! How dare you speak of peace when you know nothing what goes beyond the doors of your hallways! Treacherous vipers, you will rue the day when I tear down the walls of your lies! I will expose your falsehood to this flock! Mark my words!"
"Begone from our city! We have seen the madness that you have brought into our homes! You are not to come across your loved ones, thus we shall threaten you with swords if we are given word that your presence is near!"
"I never belonged to your city. You fools do not know what terrible dangers you have brought upon yourselves."
3 days later after his banishment, a dream came to him with vivid signs of an all powerful entity who sought out for his heart.
"You, who spoke against the devils of Day and Night," calls the Entity, "I command you to get up. Seek power from Me and I shall give it, for your friends, family and community."
Friends? Family? Community? What do those words mean to me? the Exile thought.
"I know your spirit has been broken by them and that you are numb to these sayings. You stood for my flock that has been under my watch for over a millenia. You do not owe them but you wish to protect them. I have given you shelter from those who seek your death. Your enemies are My enemies."
"What must I do?"
"Be My Blade and pierce through their savage minds. I shall make you great. The life of martyrdom is better than the life of wickedness."

© 2013 Hayden


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

207 Views
Added on March 8, 2013
Last Updated on March 8, 2013
Tags: God, entity, purpose, sword, blade, exile, banish, corruption, poverty, truth

Author

Hayden
Hayden

About
Defined by Jesus. Broken by society and love. more..

Writing
Hateth Hateth

A Poem by Hayden


Perfect Liar Perfect Liar

A Poem by Hayden


Visiting Earth Visiting Earth

A Story by Hayden