A UNITED FAN'S TALE.

A UNITED FAN'S TALE.

A Story by haywenzo
"

Exactly how I feel before, after and through the match.

"
My almost wracked heart throbbing as the anticipated match premiered on my T.V, I could have sworn that all the chill etched in me had totally disappeared as I looked uncomfortably forward to another match day, almost certain was promising with a prospective loss or if lucky enough, a draw with a dramatic 90 minute display that'd have me cussing. Sweating profusely, I managed to gather up a somewhat bleak confidence in LVG (who has yet to show me he really is our saviour), looking at the almost perfect squad, I fervently prayed Luck would find us and we'd probably walk away with a lone goal. Watching the match, I almost drowned in this fear that I've exhausted all my strength neglecting, We seemed to be in utter control of the match, and calmness began to find its way to my already fear-wrecked mind, The 24th minute came and to my amazement, Di Maria shuttled the ball directly into the net with a phenomenal free-kick, my body tweaked and I could only hope for nothing more at that moment than keeping the intense game in check with a goal to count on: my later elated mind was almost relaxing when the second goal struck, Then the third and the first half was brought to a halt. The second half resumed as exhiliration was the only language every united fan spoke, I was comfortably seated in my throne of euphoria, watching my boys (if I'm allowed to call them that) do what they seemingly knew how to do best, I haven't even recovered from my overjoyed state when Mata stylishly put the ball in a place I like to see it. It later became so much amusing for me as I now viewed the match from a winner's view, oblivious to the effect of loss and much more familiar with this overwhelming winning spirit, I was outrightly entertained watching these lads give the round leather orders and it did nothing but heed to its masters' call. Football is once more a beautiful game which I almost despised given the terrible effect the past games had on me, But I'm confidently proud to say 'MANCHESTER UNITED IS BACK !'

© 2014 haywenzo


Author's Note

haywenzo
You've got to be a united fanatic to draw enough enjoyment from this.

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

155 Views
Added on September 14, 2014
Last Updated on September 14, 2014

Author

haywenzo
haywenzo

Lagos, Nigeria



About
I believe anything you say to me. more..

Writing