criminal

criminal

A Poem by hayzed
"

celebrating criminals

"
Criminal still pursues criminal
One in black,
the other in casual
One with a gun,
the other is bare
One is a criminal,
the other is a mere thief
Lay the fact on a flat table
Bring in men of jury
But in the end
Criminal still judges criminal
The other goes to prison
Even in prison,
Criminal watches over criminal
A ceremonial criminal
He always puts on identity

© 2015 hayzed


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

well done .. deep social commentary in this one .. love the play with criminal on criminal .. makes me think of my Lord Jesus' words .. all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God ... yet our society must have laws to protect and preserve the "getting along" .. so we can draw a line and sit in judgement in the sense of man and justice .. faulty as it is ... here in the US we have a grown and still developing group of lawyers and advocates who work very hard to free those in prison unjustly .. recently on AGT a man who spent 37 yrs was finally released ... his case was deplorable .. no evidence against him . in fact what they had proved it wasn't him .. he was picked seemingly at random and rough shod into prison for 37 yrs before being freed .. give a listen to him here https://youtu.be/ShgOH1u78XA knowing a little about his story and hearing his song will break your heart with the joy of him now a free man .. love your poem ... strong social commentary on multibple levels .. well done sir!
E.

Posted 3 Years Ago


How can there be that many views of this piece and not one comment?
That is criminal to me.

Posted 3 Years Ago


I think we are all part of the innocents...but we are all criminals as well...we have that side to us and some get away with it, others don't...
maybe good intentions too often go awry.
I like this one, lots.
j.

Posted 3 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

154 Views
3 Reviews
Added on December 25, 2015
Last Updated on December 25, 2015

Author

hayzed
hayzed

About
i am fabulous in a very hilarious way. more..

Writing
Firefly Firefly

A Poem by hayzed


I wonder I wonder

A Poem by hayzed