Pure

Pure

A Poem by Heather D
"

I have a dilemma...

"

They tell me protect your flower,

Hold on to your card.

No one tells you being pure

Can make relationships so hard.

 

I'm not sure why I like him,

Specific reasons are hard to say.

And though he says he likes me too,

He wants the physical side one day.

 

I've always stood out,

In more ways than just this one.

The athlete, the virgin, the pretty face,

Being different isn't always fun.

 

In fact it's really hard,

To have all eyes on you.

I've always handled it with grace,

But now I don't know what to do.

 

Tiny daggers of despair

Are now lodged in my heart.

I'm slowly coming to realize

This will tear every relationship apart.

 

So now I'm faced with a problem,

Give him myself or give him up.

It's not like it has to happen soon,

I don't even know yet if this is love.

 

But something pulls me towards him,

Makes me want to fight.

I really wish I knew why

Being near him feels so right.

© 2011 Heather D


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I really do feel that if you do decide to give in, know that it may be just sex to him. No where near as heart felt or emotional as you feel. The guy you share your body w/ should b some1 who you not only have feelings for but has feelings for you too. A good rule o thumb to use is, if worse case scenario were to happen and you ended up preggo would he leave you high and dry, or honor you and by committing to you in the life he helped made. You want your first to be with someone that is honest and true about you. Who you know you can trust with your heart and body. Who won't rush you into anything you are not ready for, and aims to please you as you much as you so clearly want to please him.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Go with your heart. Beautiful.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I wish someone had sat me down to explain what it was I'd be giving away when I gave myself to another in this way. It took me years to discover that I am giving a piece of me, and had I known my worth I'd never have given so much of myself. This was so wonderfully written. You help us feel the tension, confusion and steadiness.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This piece is written very well, the rhymes flowed flawlessly, the piece kept pace with the story. Your form is fantastic! As for the content, we all have or will go through this at some point in life. Just hold true to your values, and follow your heart. Don't give in if you are not ready, and I think it is better to wait, just because if something unexpected happens time tends to be a great preparer shedding light upon true feelings...

Great Write!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 13 Years Ago


always be careful to who you give yourself to. i waited until i was in a relationship for two years before i had sex and he was very patient with me. both of us were virgins so that made it even more special for me, But i have met guys that sex is all that is on thier mind and they will get it no matter what they have to do or who they have to hurt. you have to be very very careful because its something you cannot get back!!! good luck and listen to your head in this one because your heart will only lead you in a wrong direction. be logical

Posted 13 Years Ago


I really, really enjoyed this piece. I felt every word behind it. Although I have a son and am not in the same place as you, I have been there before. I had my son when I was 18. I help off that long, although everyone around me was "doing it" years before. It's so refreshing to see you put your feelings down like this! Especially about such a subject. I'm proud FOR you. The honesty jumps out at me from the screen. You will make choices in your life that will impact you forever. My two cents is that if you give him yourself with so much doubt then he will KEEP you and you will lose yourself. A least a little part. It's a powerful thing and the first time shouldn't be something you struggle with. Well written my dear!!

Posted 13 Years Ago


A guy doesn't really love you if he is pressuring you for sex. Personally I would tell him to walk. When you are ready, it should be on your own terms. Your poem does a great job of demonstrating your dilemma, but don't give if you are not ready for it. That's the best possible suggestion that I can give you.

Posted 13 Years Ago


This is one of the best pieces from a young heart that i have read it carries a story beginning to end it has a nice feel to it
Genuine

Posted 13 Years Ago


I like the use of metaphor' "hold on to the card" , "tiny daggers". Your descriptions of the struggle are vivid and real. Well done!

Posted 13 Years Ago


Some decisions are permanent. I believe more important for a woman then a man the decision of sex. Woman give birth to children and the desire is on a different level. Wasted love don't do a lot in the end. Become forgotten as soon as you finish. Being different isn't a bad thing. People with real goals and dreams don't waste time with people who want to use and abuse only. Time for all things in a life. A wise person thinks before they act. A excellent poem. Made me think again. A excellent poem.
Coyote

Posted 13 Years Ago


I love how you present the problem that girls go through. I think this was really well written poem. Beautiful poem!

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

554 Views
17 Reviews
Rating
Added on February 18, 2011
Last Updated on February 27, 2011


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Temptation Temptation

A Poem by LA Lorena