Poverty Vs. Education

Poverty Vs. Education

A Poem by Hollywood
"

Talking about how poverty & money affecting education.

"

Blame Poverty,

Instead of yourselves.

"It's not my fault I failed!"

Or better yet dropped out.

Blmae it on the dollar bills you don't have in your bank account.

Because money fixes everything.

Money will fix your IQ.

Your ACT scores.

Your job outlook.

 

It's bullshit.

Money is paper, an object.

The only power it has is the power you give it.

© 2010 Hollywood


Author's Note

Hollywood
Your inspiration can only be yourself.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

but off course my friend,money is nothing without you,and not the other way
you are the key ,you make the rules,you make the money and you can stay without it
this is a very thoughtful write..humans are lovely and could do anything
if the was a strong will..how i loved this,though short its great..meant a lot
lovely write..

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

I can definitely agree. The world revolves around money, which is incredibly sad. My history teacher is fond of pointing out to us that money only has value if you believe it does, and I do agree with her; it's great to see that it's not just the two of us who feel that way. I like how you used the example of education to point out the flaws in the money system; being the same age as you, I can definitely relate to this poem as I am beginning to have to think about university fees, and am angered at the potential ability of money to hold me back.


Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I liked this for pointing out the stupidity in relying purely on your money to get you through life. Blaming everything but yourself for your failure, good way of putting it.

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I really liked this peom, its funny to me how money IS just a piece of thin paper, but it takes over everything in our lives... i really wish we had no money, becasue seriously without it we could just do and get whatever... but we cant because people would go over the top with getting stuff and stores would be wiped out!! Tht wouldnt of happend if it started out tht way, BUT you can make laws..but let me stop babbling... without it you a pretty much screwed you know? But i like how you interpretted this, it makes you think, hah like i just did sorry you probably dont understand wht im talking about, but just know its a large compliment on your short but insightful poem!
Alyssa

Posted 14 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


2
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1226 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on January 28, 2010
Last Updated on January 29, 2010
Tags: Education, Money

Author

Hollywood
Hollywood

Stockton, CA



About
I'm Holly, I am eighteen. I like feed-back on my writing to improve myself. I'm loud, sarcastic, always smiling. Sometimes vulgar, rude & judging. :] note: for read requests i generally read onl.. more..

Writing
Marbles Marbles

A Story by Hollywood



Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..