A NEW  WORLD

A NEW WORLD

A Chapter by Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
"

I have found my new world here in Writerscafe.

"

          I am just a simple person then. I am working as a teacher in a Public Secondary School in our community. My daily routine is just going to school and then doing household chores when I got home. I know I am an artist, for I have explored different things in relation to arts when I was a student. In fact, I have many souvenirs from being active that time- paintings, poems, short stories, novels, and songs. But when I became a teacher, being busy made a distance between my passion and I.

          Eighteen years had passed but my father’s voice still echoes in my mind…

 

         “What? You want to be a writer? Come on, Dhaye. There’s no money in writing. Writers tend to end their day with their empty stomachs,” he sarcastically said to me.

         “But I want to write, Pa. I have so many stories to tell. I want to be a famous writer someday,” I am still hoping that Papa would consider what I am saying.

       “No more objections. You could be a scientist, doctor, engineer, or a teacher, not a writer!” he said while getting out of the house.

      I cried and cried that day because I know that Papa’s words are  rules to be obeyed in our house. Perhaps he said I could be a scientist  because he knows I am good in Science subject and in making experiments. Perhaps he said that I could be a doctor because it’s a high profession for him. Or perhaps he said I could be an engineer because I am good in Mathematics, too. To be a teacher? I don’t know where did he get that idea. Perhaps from his friends who said public teachers have many benefits and that they receive salary during summer vacation.

       But none of the first three professions became possible for me because he can’t afford to support my college education if I have had chosen any of them. I ended with no choice at all but to become a teacher.

       And here I am now, a teacher!

 

 

         I discovered Writerscafe one day when I am uploading a photo into my page on Facebook. I became a fan of a page where different poems were posted daily. I always liked and shared everything from the page which perhaps got the attention of the owner of the page or the  administrator. He thanked me and introduced himself and we became Facebook friends. I am encouraged to post my poems on my page, and he liked them also in return. When I asked him to make a poem about student and teacher relationship, I don’t know if he can’t write, but his reply is only a link to the said online writing community.

       I signed up as a member for a few minutes only. After that, I find myself almost crying while typing my old poems to be published for the first time. I befriend the writers online and started to read and review their works, until I find their reviews on my works, too. Such a happy day for me! I feel inspired again and decided to be active in writing.

 

       What else can I ask now? I have found my world in Writerscafe. A world where only artists  understand each other. A world where I can hone my creativity, test my ability and express all things without fear.


       

          This is the cover of my book Hear My Mind Volume I, my first collection of the published poems, short stories, quotes, songs and artworks here.



  

     I am so happy with my first book this summer.





 The cover of my  second book  "A Summer Love Story"






© 2016 Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Lovely dear Dhaye, This story brought a tear to my eye. A tear of joy to be sure. I believe every artist, including those who use words to paint a picture in peoples minds and hearts feel the emotions you convey in your story. I for one, am so glad that you did not give up on art. Even the great artists struggled to keep food on the table. But they were driven by a need to share the unique way they see the world around them. It is something money can't buy. Thank you Dhaye for sharing the beautiful world you see. You spread joy everywhere you go.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks, VDP. I know everyone of us feels the same way I do being a part of WC.



Reviews

Lovely dear Dhaye, This story brought a tear to my eye. A tear of joy to be sure. I believe every artist, including those who use words to paint a picture in peoples minds and hearts feel the emotions you convey in your story. I for one, am so glad that you did not give up on art. Even the great artists struggled to keep food on the table. But they were driven by a need to share the unique way they see the world around them. It is something money can't buy. Thank you Dhaye for sharing the beautiful world you see. You spread joy everywhere you go.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks, VDP. I know everyone of us feels the same way I do being a part of WC.
I already read it yesterday .. :) and I am very happy for you that you have found WC . In fact , I am very happy to see another person join this community and cherish and continue their love for writing instead of letting it die like countless others .
Keep it up .. !!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Sir Abhijit. I greatly appreciate your kind words. :)
Writing, in a laid back country like ours can't be called a justifiable career but more of a hobby, a side trip. It feeds the soul but it can't bring food on the table unless you become someone like JK Rowling or CS Lewis or EL James. It is not impossible though but it needs some pulling of strings. So I understand how your dad felt.

Going back, I didn't think of becoming big time or getting published and until now, I'm still thinking the same thing. For me, getting published here in the Philippines is like shouting in the middle of a flash mob in Time Square to get yourself heard. No offense, I'm happy for those who got published especially Miss dhaye here but I was referring to the physical process in general. Well anyhoo, congratulations on your books! And more power:)

This is a very honest write.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Ah, yun nga. Yung comment thread pa rin ang dahilan. Sorry, embarrassing nga yong feeling na nag-sav.. read more
Androglossia

10 Years Ago

You have the right to comment Miss dhaye kasi nga what's the use of putting the comment boxes up the.. read more
Pax

10 Years Ago

first : bakit embarrassing, eh sexy and beautiful kanaman.
second: hindi friends nating lahat,.. read more
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Pax
Hello there kabayan :)
i will share to you what sir Ency said to me: There is no money in poetry, and from the writers of the novel there's a penny but not enough for the honey ~ I learned something from our conversation.

~ i can say we are much the same on matters of culture(magkababayan nga tayo ;D) ~ for instant i wanted to be a doctor before ~ but my sister stop me from achieving that dream ~ for they say it doesn't really fit me (nabasa mo ata yun sa mga comment ko sa poem ko na I'm lost) ~ the thing is being a writer was never my thing, i only write to expressed my emotions ~ a release somehow ~ that is why i can call myself a poet, but not totally sure i am ~ just someone wanted to expressed something in words ~ like you, i paint ~ that is my first love in art ~ i say this before i draw&paint just to escape the harsh realities i am facing ~ it somehow sidetrack my negative thought in dreaming or just imagining things not mindind the real factual truth that i set aside for a time :) ~ i become fearless in wc, i post my inner most thoughts - though i don't show myself too well but atleast in words you'll see me ~ in wc, i find my strenght somehow ~ from all the people who are my literary friends, i am grateful to all ~ without you guys here, i long abandon my craft ~ im glad you share this for i find it reflective on my own as well ~ and about being publish, congrats! ~ as for me, being in writers cafe is enough for now:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Uy, Pax. Actually being here, you are already a published author. All works here are published. Lol... read more
I wish I have a published book like you and Sir Ency :) Good story, being a writer is not about money, most of the famous published writer achieved what success they have by dreaming, so as long you dream big things will be possible.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks for the R&R, Marc. :)
Marc Marlon Villaflor

10 Years Ago

sure :)
Very nice, and a good write about yourself. Inspirational and an open book who you are and being a published author now. Congratulations and Good Luck !

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, Sir Ency! :)
Ency Bearis

10 Years Ago

My pleasure, you're welcome.
Welcome to the family and all the success in your future...:)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thanks, Sami. :)
Sami Khalil

10 Years Ago

My pleasure...:)
Good for you. I'm glad you are published. I need to get published and finished my two books needing a re-write. It is good to know you. I hope you great success in the future. Have fun and be safe.
Coyote

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

10 Years Ago

Thank you so much, CP. I hope for your success, too. :)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1163 Views
10 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on May 5, 2013
Last Updated on March 23, 2016
Tags: new world, world, Writerscafe, cafe, friends, writer

My Best Pieces


Author

Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)
Daisie Vergara (Dhaye)

Philippines



About
Hello! I am Dhaye, a public secondary school teacher, a passionate artist "married" to her dream. I write in different perspectives. So please know NOT all my works are about me. .. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


~ My Mourning Hat ~ My Mourning Hat

A Poem by


Regrets Regrets

A Poem by Tate Morgan