wait what?!

wait what?!

A Chapter by Hearthsmith

Have you ever have that feeling wherein you can't enter a certain relationship? I am no gamophobic. It's just that I hate to hurt people and I have this "priorities". I continuously wonder as I looked outside the company's window.

I'm Dane by the way. I am a graphic designer in a place where everything feels so monotonous. I don't know, there are times that I, myself wanting some thrills. Wanting for adventure. Wanting for so much more.

"Hey Dane Lunch time!!!" Louie called me as he approaches I can see his smile. Oh such a great friend, he never ever forgets to remind me eat.

"Where do you like to eat?"
"Anywhere is fine, as if we have other choices" I laughed. Around the company all stalls and place to eat were fastfood chains.

"Well yeah, anywhere is fine as long as I'm with you" he said. I laughed as he teases me. He always does that. I think it's part of our friendship.

"That's a lame one my dear, try again next time" I said and chuckled. But he seems off. Nah nevermind.

"Bars Louie, you can't even make little Dane blush" they teased him Well, those pick up line really doesn't have a work on me.

It's been years since he and I was friend. Both of us knew that things will be the same forever. There maybe sometimes he joke around, hold me. I mean many people mistaken he and I were you know?

"Hey I am goin to get our orders" Ahri said and she rushes to the counter.

Louie made his move. He put her arms on the back of my chair. I didn't mind. I mean he do that lot often and I am very very much used to it.

"Shocks, what took her so lon..
"Dane I like you" he cut in. "I like you for a very long time"
"eh?"

"I like when you smile, I like how hardworking you are, I like how you laugh problems away. I like you Dane. I want to be more than friends." he said. I don't know how to react or I don' t even now what he mean.

In my head it was just a continuous word saying "Wait what?".

Now I eventually and successfully organized my thoughts. And it was I don't know.

"Louie is this some sort of a joke? Because if this is, then it's not funny" I said in an irritating tone. I felt strange and I don't know what should I do.

"Dane do I look like joking?" I knkw that he was irritated. The breaking in his voice, I can assume that he was sad.

"Louie, if you are serious, I'm sorry, I can't". I hope this doesn't affect our friendship.

"Hey Louie, does that ended up well?" Ahri asked. That time I knew this was all planned.

He walked out and seems that he was not in a mood to talk about it. I feel bad for him. I guess it's my fault.



© 2021 Hearthsmith


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

51 Views
Added on January 13, 2021
Last Updated on January 13, 2021
Tags: #Romance #New #Eccentric


Author

Hearthsmith
Hearthsmith

About
I can't speak so I write more..

Writing
Marry ME Marry ME

A Book by Hearthsmith