Silent World

Silent World

A Poem by Diana Lynn Hill/Angell

Previous Version
This is a previous version of Silent World.



A Silent World

 

 In the midst of people that surround me, filled with laughter and love and living of life, to be a part of this world I long to be 

To be loved

 To be hugged

To be embraced

To be free with laughter

To smile to say hello

Without people looking through me

Or  passing me by

Why do people shun me

 What have I done

Am I not made of flesh and blood

Do I not bleed

Do I not dream and cry

Can I not feel the coolness of the rain

Or the warm of the sun

Or the wind upon my face

Am I to be avoided because

I cannot see or cannot hear

Could it be that my mind is weak or mentally not here

 Or that my face and body is disfigured beyond years

Can you not look past my scars and see the tears

Or hear my cry or feel my fears

 

A Broken Heart - A Silent World

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

© 2013 Diana Lynn Hill/Angell




Reviews

This poem is so you. It makes me examine myself, the world. It makes my heart ache for my autistic neice. I wish the world was a better place and people were kinder.

I think about you and your family often. It is sad how far apart we have grown.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 11 Years Ago


Well written! Feel the sadness and emotion flowing in this poem.

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


My Dear Writing Friend,
Your poem made me muse for hours. Your line “Without people looking through me”, was haunting and a sad fact in a world that hides or shelves those seen as less than. It made me think of a Great Teacher that once said if a cup of water were given in his name to someone thirsty, it would equate the same as giving the Great Teacher the drink of water. How many times we have failed to reach out to those with great need, something as simple as the human touch can make all the difference.
You can call it by any name you so desire, karma, kindness to God, or destiny effect. But it seems that those who reach out towards ALL people sharing love and kindness are blessed even into their twilight years.
Your write brought to mind a song off The Dark Side Of The Moon album, by Pink Floyd, called Us And Them. The song asked the fundamental question do we as humans have the ability to be humane? Being humane means that we do not look through people. Each one of us needs to step out of our comfort zone like the Good Samaritan did reaching out to those different from us with love and no expectations to give others the support to make their lives better. Even if that reaching out is just sharing the human touch! A hug or a kind word can make a difference to those who are lonely. When will we become a society of Us’s rather than a society of Us’s and Them’s with the Them’s not mattering? We need to realize that everybody is someone’s special person and needs to be afforded the same hopes we all have?
An amazing teacher once told a story when ask who is my neighbor about a man that helped a man different than he. He told the story as the people who should of brought change were questing who they should be helping. It was determined in the story that those who should have helped did not, but the stranger who was different did, reaching out to help the man in distress, thus being neighborly.

neighbor |ˈnābər|
noun
A person living near or next door to the speaker or person referred to.
A person or place in relation to others near or next to it.
Any person in need of one's help or kindness (after biblical use): love thy neighbor as thyself.

I believe we should all be a neighbor, and I believe that if we would, there would be less broken hearts that sit in a silent world. And the destiny effect would find us in a positive light. I liked your write and am looking forward to more of yours in the future months to come.

Blessings, Laughing-Bear


This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


Thank you

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


I think your peom is very sad but very true! Your peom reminds me to be more awear of what I do and how I act

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

192 Views
6 Reviews
Rating
Added on June 18, 2011
Last Updated on April 8, 2013
Previous Versions

Author

Diana Lynn Hill/Angell
Diana Lynn Hill/Angell

Sanford , FL



About
ABOUT THE AUTHOR I am married to a wonderful God fearing man. We have a blended family with 7 children and 13 granchildren. I am also the plastic bionic woman; I have so many plastic joints that I co.. more..

Writing