A Darkness From Within

A Darkness From Within

A Story by Heavenwins
"

Chapter 1

"

Agatha walked between the shadows of the night. Gliding in and out of the moonlights embrace. Fearing for what evil lurked behind each shadow. Fearing for what may lie ahead in the night. Her eyes played tricks on her, bringing ghosts at every glance.

She walked as gentle as the wind fearing to let them know she knew they were there. She could see them for sometime now, every since her sister died. She tried to deny them at first but couldn't any longer. Always there, never leaving her. There were good ghosts and then there were bad. Both kinds never gave her any peace. She felt as if her mind was fading into an alternate world. Here but not here, a world in-between where only she lived with these ghosts.

She still remembered that horrible night when her sister Rebecca was killed or rather murdered. She called her sister  Becca, a pet name she started calling her when she was 5.

Agatha was late for her date. She was putting on her finishing touches of makeup when the doorbell rang. She yelled, "Becca, can you get the door?" 

Becca replied, "I'm not getting the door, it's your weird a*s friends". 

"Come on Becca, Tell them I'll be ready in 5 minutes".

"Fine!" Becca screamed as she went to the door. A moment later Agatha heard Becca's piercing screams of agony. She rushed down the spiral stairs taking two at a time, her heart pounding, her pulse as quick as lighting. Her mind was racing wondering what was happening, why did Becca scream. Must be a joke, she thought as she jumped the last two steps.

She was expecting to see her friends playing a joke on Becca. Nothing could ever have prepared her for the scene unfolding before her eyes. 

"No!" Agatha screamed. Tears came out of sheer horror as she turned, as if in a trance, taking in the sight before her. Becca layed on the floor with blood pooled around her small frame. Her head twisted to the right with her eyes already glazed over. Her friends Eric and Christy layed beside her, disfigured, limbs separated and covered in blood. But what she noticed the most about the two of them where their eyes. Their eyes were jet black, she had never seen eyes that color before.

Suddenly she saw something move to her left under the stairwell. She backed up into the shadow of the open door. Her eyes looking everywhere and nowhere, she saw everything but saw nothing. She was terrified. She thought, "Is the killer still here, am I going to be next?". Something caught the corner of her eye. She turned in the direction of the stairs once again, still hidden by the shadows. She silenced the scream that came rising out of her throat. She held back the tears of grief and confusion, trying to understand what she saw.

"Unbelievable" she thought. A black robed figure glided between the dead. No eyes, where eyes should have been. Floating above the floor. An eerie light that surrounded this figure. "Is that the devil, a ghost or am I just seeing things?" she thought to herself. "This can't be real, it has to be a dream." she thought. Suddenly this figure turned in her direction and started towards her. It stopped in the doorway and spoke. Saying "It is not yet your turn to die, he has plans for you." Then it was gone, darkness fell heavily on her.

She dropped to her knees, overcome by grief. Tears engulfed her as she shook uncontrollably. The phone she thought. I must get to the phone. She stood shakily, her legs feeling as if weights held them down. She tried not to look at her sister and her friends as she crossed the hallway to the kitchen. She got the phone and dialed 911.

"What is your emergency?" she heard. Her voice shaken, she shuddered, "My sister and friends are dead. Murdered, dead." and then silence became her.

"Are you hurt, is anyone with you?" replied the operator. "Police are on their way, please stay with me on the phone. Hello, are you there? Can you hear me? Are you hurt?"

The phone slipped to the floor with a loud bang, as Agatha slumped to the floor. Overcome by shock and grief, she fainted, hitting her head on the table as the floor embraced her.

Agatha remembered waking up in the hospital. Her parents waiting patiently by her bedside as she took small swallows of ice chips before she could speak. Then came a thousand questions from her parents and Doctors. Different police officers came and asked her to recount that horrible night over and over again till she would stop talking and softly cry herself to sleep.

She stayed in the hospital for two weeks. When she started seeing the ghosts she thought it was a dream, perhaps a side effect from to many medications. When she finally went home she thought they would stop but they continued.  At first she merely saw them, but then the more she saw them the  more she could understand their language. Their  voices haunted her day and night.

 

© 2009 Heavenwins


Author's Note

Heavenwins
Be honest but not rude :)

My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Reviews

Good start, strange way to end it but its was good. [: and i could understand it too!! hear that emily she used big words and i understood them :P lol love you [: keep writing

This review was written for a previous version of this writing

Posted 14 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

117 Views
1 Review
Added on June 10, 2009
Last Updated on June 18, 2009
Previous Versions

Author

Heavenwins
Heavenwins

NY



About
Need to know bases, just ask me if you want to know something. more..

Writing
not sure not sure

A Poem by Heavenwins


Long Ago Long Ago

A Poem by Heavenwins