You Are..

You Are..

A Poem by E.j.aka.Hannah

Loving you is:

- a nap in the grass at the beginning of spring, the sun shining on my face, warming my entire body, from hair to toenail.

- a swim in the ocean in the dead of night; scary, unknown, mysterious, and beautiful at once.

- a drive in a classic car with the radio all the way up, with your hands cutting through the air as it whips through your hair, driving all troubles and cares away into the distance.

- a foreign movie, where you understand nothing but the emotions.

- a concert; loud, chaotic, enthralling, invigorating, and pulsing.

Words cannot begin to describe how:

- you hold me after we make love, your body warm and soft, molding perfectly into every curve of mine, your arms tight around me as if you are afraid someone will snatch me away. I could sleep forever in your arms.

- you smell...like the earth, the desert, every culture of the world...

- you speak; the sound of it, especially when you read to me, is relaxing and enticing all at once.

- you love me...only you could love me so passionately, so stubbornly, so desperately that you would sacrifice anything to keep me...even though I don't deserve even an ounce of what you have to give.

The world would not be as green without you.
My world...my world would cease to exist without you.
I would be worthless, empty and dead...you are my life...

You make my heart beat.
You give me a reason to wake up in the morning.
You give me a want for the future...
You've given me the passion to live...

You are everything; a lover, a caretaker, a husband, a best friend, a boyfriend, a psychiatrist, a doctor, a teacher, and an artist...

You are my dearest.
You are my love.

You are my life.

© 2012 E.j.aka.Hannah


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

208 Views
Added on February 24, 2011
Last Updated on November 5, 2012

Author

E.j.aka.Hannah
E.j.aka.Hannah

Chipley, FL



About
Name:EJ Occupation: Artist & Wandering Soul Info: Im quiet, funny, independant, loyal, & honest. Nothing else is needed to be said. more..

Writing