Tell Me Something

Tell Me Something

A Poem by Jay Ryan
"

based on a 6 month relationship that should have never happened

"
We used to talk a lot, mostly about silly things. You'd tell me made up stories about gangs and crossing the country with only a motorbike, just until I had fallen asleep on you.
You used to buy me coffee every Sunday morning to apologize for the nights before spent drinking and doing drugs, instead of with me.
We used to sit out on your deck wrapped in blankets, talking about silly things like how we met and how everything worked out. Usually, texting a girl and teller her she is cute never works. Usually. 
You used to pretend you knew how to braid my hair. So when ever I fell asleep, you had a reason to play with my hair.
You never really told me that, but I knew. 
While we laid on you bed next to the window, You used to tell me how much I meant to you.We used to talk about how much we loved each other.
You used to tell me these things, they'd make me so giddy and happy inside; somehow you always knew how to do that to me. So you kept telling me things, for just under a year and I think that's when I noticed that you only ever told me things. 
And then you started telling me about her. 

© 2016 Jay Ryan


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Very deep and meaningful as well.
Sad ending but at least you worked out the guy wasn't a good guy in the end.
We all make mistakes, we make bad choices, get into the wrong relationships.
Sometimes we see straight through people, and sometimes we fall for there fakeness.



Posted 7 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

158 Views
1 Review
Added on June 12, 2016
Last Updated on June 12, 2016
Tags: boy trouble, love, sad, broken heart, boys, heart, relationship, poem, art

Author

Jay Ryan
Jay Ryan

Courtenay, British Columbia, Canada



About
My name is Jay Ryan, i have a lot to say for only being 16 so i put it all in my writing. more..

Writing
As if As if

A Poem by Jay Ryan