Through Your Eyes

Through Your Eyes

A Poem by Crowley

I am mesmerized by the way you described that tree,

the one in your yard,

the one with the triumphant soul,

the graceful persona.

Full of experience that only years of quiet contemplation can gift.

 

I am nostalgic for the years that you burned,

the years that gave you solace,

the years that carried your sediment,

the years that perfected your thought process.

Full of wonder and living with an eye toward universal acceptance.

 

If I had one wish, this evening, any evening,

it would be that I channel your calming effect on this world

and create an aura thick with the blood of life and creation,

leaving behind the thoughts that mere mortality provides.

I'm filled to bursting with the thought of you.

 

© 2021 Crowley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This made me think of how we use words to describe those wordless things we feel, sense and ponder, like the soul of a tree, in wonder of all the how, why and When's that come in describing those wordless occurrences that capture our imagination.
I think we all need those places in our lives, where we can just be, in wonder of all the silent little wonders that bring words and understanding our place on this pebble, in the dark sea of the universe.
Thought filled write that gives me the urge to go hug a tree

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Crowley

2 Years Ago

It’s much harder to write about merely being a vessel for gene replication…lol. Truth hurts, tre.. read more



Reviews

Sadly, and as can happen with love itself, even the strongest tree falls, though often so slowly you barely notice. But no matter the passing of years, the memories are stored forever; and for me, this poem is a lovely pause that reminds us we must embrace everything we experience in our journey through life.

These are expressively beautiful and calming lines.
Beccy

Posted 2 Years Ago


The one wish to channel the calming effects
one can feel the positive and loving vibes of
this lovely penned piece reaching deep into
the feelings of bursting joy and love
so richly conveyed in your poetic verse


Posted 2 Years Ago


So, you have found a place again...where a heart and a thought can grow...without merely just trudging along to make another day. This will certainly go into my library. I miss poems like these.... hugs

Posted 2 Years Ago


Crowley

2 Years Ago

Thanks Q!!! Great to see you. Hope you are staying dry! You stay safe!
A love so deep it becomes obsession, mesmerized. To feel so lovely towards another being that it's almost impossible to ponder about life through their beautiful eyes. Loved this- it made me feel so much.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Crowley

2 Years Ago

Thanks luv!!! I am glad you could identify…your review is greatly welcomed.
This made me think of how we use words to describe those wordless things we feel, sense and ponder, like the soul of a tree, in wonder of all the how, why and When's that come in describing those wordless occurrences that capture our imagination.
I think we all need those places in our lives, where we can just be, in wonder of all the silent little wonders that bring words and understanding our place on this pebble, in the dark sea of the universe.
Thought filled write that gives me the urge to go hug a tree

Posted 2 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Crowley

2 Years Ago

It’s much harder to write about merely being a vessel for gene replication…lol. Truth hurts, tre.. read more
It must be a very special person who can inspire such words in another. Has this person been canonized yet, or are they awaiting verification of a second miracle?

Posted 2 Years Ago


Filled with thoughts of this person seem to be peaceful and beautiful. A truly amazing soul that is creative and wants to add kindness to the world. Nice thoughts to drift into.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Hi Crowley. This poem is so high on the human and emotional quotient. Poetry to some means complicated metaphors, references and imagery. To me it feels just as it feels here. Written in heartfelt and beautiful words.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Crowley

2 Years Ago

Hey girl!!! Had a little inspiration last night after talking with a friend. Thanks so much for the .. read more
This is such a nice poem. I like simply written sentiments. No complexities. Just pure feeling. Good going.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Crowley

2 Years Ago

Thank you so much! I really appreciate it!
I love the juxtaposition of the calm and the bursting all at once in this poem.

Works so well, Crowley.

I agree with Neville...this is one of the best poems posted here in quite a while.

The dichotomy of the tree of knowledge with which we grow every year of existence...we get older, we get wiser, then our leaves fall, and we pass on into some memory on a new leaf of that tree.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

284 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on July 31, 2021
Last Updated on July 31, 2021

Author

Crowley
Crowley

Phoenix, AZ



About
Like to hang out with other writers and see what's what. Have met a lot of good people on this and other sites through the years. Decided to come back and do a little posting and reading. Hit me up i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN RUN

A Poem by AJNJ