Sculpting Infinity

Sculpting Infinity

A Poem by Crowley

Expressing something that means something, requires a hammer, more so than a pen or a talent for kinesthetic storytelling. Chipping with murderous abandon to unearth just one thing that rings with so much depth, that resonates on a level that makes someones mind electric, someones testicles retreat, someones heart literally stop beating, someones breath turn acidic with remorse, requires a lifetime of labor.  And still...we may never achieve that result. Yet I keep expressing for you my friend and of course for myself. You see, its not the expression really, and it's never the finality of the thought. It's the noise I make, keys clacking, voice droning that you are so used to. If I stop, you will wonder about the that one bit of perfect silence and remember with longing or ire that I tried.  Returning the universe to the universe isn't a bad thing, but in that little bit of silence, you or another voice will take up hammers and sculpt your small part of infinity. 

© 2021 Crowley


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

i was sold on the title..

Posted 2 Years Ago


There are times when a pause seems last a lifetime.. yet is merely a moment when something touches skin or mind and yet... is neither accessible nor visible. There must be such a list of whys that would girdle oiur planet.. because each human being experiences athat moment of wonder, beauty or - hatred that takes a heartbeat and stops it. And that to me is .. sculpted infinity.. an inexplicable something here, gone.. remembered for always. Perhaps.

Posted 2 Years Ago


This poem did just that for me. Mind electric and resonation beyond... this poem really hit for me for some reason. Your words are electric. Thank you for this, I keep reading.
Marina

Posted 2 Years Ago


Crowley

2 Years Ago

Sorry about just reading this review. You make me blush, thank you so much for the great review!
It is this vast insurmountable chasm that exists in my emotionally & intellectually barren landscape that drives me to write the ridiculous frenetic drivel that I do. I have the utmost regard for writers striving as you describe here, to "unearth just one thing that rings with so much depth" . . . it takes more courage & determination than I have to chisel this stuff out into the open (((HUGS)))

Posted 2 Years Ago


Crowley

2 Years Ago

Better late then never, sorry about just reading this! Your does do the same thing, it wrings out al.. read more
great write and the words flow i have enjoy this reading thank you for sharing


Posted 2 Years Ago


Crowley

2 Years Ago

Thank you!
sometimes it isn't what we say, it is how loud and persistent we are just trying to
reach others with what we need to say.
a Pen is peaceful protest, but not everyone will read the result.
j.

Posted 2 Years Ago


Crowley

2 Years Ago

You say true, I say thank ya. Sometimes I feel like I've said something, but then after further cons.. read more
For some strange reason, I am now thinking of the late, great Spike Mulligans headstone, which simply said "I told you I was ill."
If I could be remembered for something that would make people laugh even in death, I shall be one happy ex person.
Creating ourselves in another's mind that can some us up perfectly, with a thought, a line or something we have written, is part of the creation of ourself we try for every time we pick up a pen.
Thinking about that now, I regret writing so much about penguins 😊

Posted 2 Years Ago


Crowley

2 Years Ago

Lol...you have the best sense of humor. I am overjoyed to see your reviews time and again...they mak.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

126 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Added on September 6, 2021
Last Updated on September 6, 2021

Author

Crowley
Crowley

Phoenix, AZ



About
Like to hang out with other writers and see what's what. Have met a lot of good people on this and other sites through the years. Decided to come back and do a little posting and reading. Hit me up i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Why bother Why bother

A Poem by emmajoy