Statement of Freedom

Statement of Freedom

A Chapter by Crowley
"

Curious little preface

"

 

If you want things to stay as they are, things will have to change.

                   -Giuseppe di Lampedusa

 

Every real thought on every real subject knocks the wind out of somebody or other.

                   -Oliver Wendell Holmes

 

 
Statement of Freedom

 

 

 

 

 

      

 

 

 

     I feel the need to start this book by saying you are right. I would like to add that I am right, and so is my sister.  If I were to mention someone else who is or has been right I think it would be Elvis Presley, Princess Diana, Jesus Christ, maybe even Mitch Laycock one of my childhood friends.  Oh hell, maybe I will just come out and say for the purpose of this lifetime (and this lifetime alone, unless of course, there is another lifetime) everyone and everything is right.  There…. I have given credit where credit is due.

     Sometimes in our haste to make a name for ourselves to fulfill the need to fit in or find our individual purpose, we forget the fact that as far as we know, nothing in the universe is certain.  Think of the ideas that we sometimes crush or the people we dismiss because we refuse to consider what these ideas or people may be about.  We may be so entrenched in our own personal beliefs, that we are sure that these outside sources of information hold no validity in the course of our own individual reality.  We give up the ability to think for ourselves, to consider all the information that the universe has to offer in trade for a false sense of security and comfort that tells us we are in control of everything in our lives, and to give up that control would mean unhappiness and fear.

     Thinking and making adjustments are the two fundamental ingredients for growth of the human mind and spirit.  If something someone says threatens the foundation which you hold as your core set of beliefs then the foundation was simply constructed out of the every day materials found in our lifetime and in our world.  All of the building blocks that I have encountered to date are subject to damage and erosion from aging or to obliteration because of redevelopment, or to remodeling because of the inherent need for change.  If your foundation shifts, cracks or crumbles all together, you can usually be sure that something wonderful is about to take place in your life.  If your foundation stares down and dismisses the challenge and you were able to consider the challenge not as an adversary but as a friend with a unique perspective, then you can feel confident that at least for now, and with the information that you have considered to date, that your beliefs have been well thought through.  However, you can also bank on the fact that another challenge will not be long in coming. 

     Accept this challenge and all others to come knowing that the winds of change are neither like the bitter gales of old man winter or the heavy burden of the hot winds of summer, but rather like the gentle breezes representing spring, in which another year of changes brings renewal and an overwhelming desire for growth.  Never, give up your ability to think for yourself, only you know what the truth is, was and could be.



© 2018 Crowley


Author's Note

Crowley
Freedom baby....

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I dont think this should be a book Cee...I think you should do inspirational speaking forums...I mean not like going out and traveling the world but maybe start small. I think you should record yourself..broadcast, Podcast whatever. I think you could achieve the level of connection you are wanting that way and who knows where that will lead. Your infectious and uplifting...you could be sharing and networking with so many more that would appreciate your style and your verb!

Posted 5 Years Ago


This comment has been deleted by this chapters author.
This comment has been deleted by this chapters author.
This comment has been deleted by the poster.
Ahh now Corey I simply need to read this today. the changing for the foundation is a wonderful paragraph and well my foundation has been shifting and changing a lot lately. I do so hope you are right that something wonderful is coming my way to replace the old broken one. This is a very meaningful and thought provoking page/chapter. You have caught my attention and now that I am able to focus I will continue on reading. I am glad I had a look at this tonight. I was going to put it off until tomorrow but those words on this page have hit me where it counts...in my heart. This was a little freeing for me. Thank you for writing this even though it wasn't intended strictly for me.

Posted 13 Years Ago


A truly inspiring read :) thank you for sharing this! You are amazing! :) x

Posted 13 Years Ago


so many of us scrape through...but few truly live...the urge to learn...to appreciate...the urge to be swept away...the desire to succeed...the will to move on...no matter what...the ability to transcend time..and the consequent vagaries... so many of us scrape through...but how many of us live???
Amazing write...

Posted 13 Years Ago


I will survive what ever comes my way. I might falter along the way, but never give in to the pressures of this society. I have dreams, even if they never come true- they are mine. I really enjoyed reading this and felt inspired and motivated to move forward in my life.

Posted 13 Years Ago


The will to survive, and achieving survival is one in the same, it is the essence of adaptation, and how we deal with change. I felt like I was reading the wisdom of a Buddhist monk telling of how enlightenment is gained through the willingness to see the light. It is up to the self to find self-discovery, and one who possesses the will can achieve great things if they are willing to take the journey of being the student.

How true this is:

"If something someone says threatens the foundation which you hold as your core set of beliefs then the foundation was simply constructed out of the [everyday] materials found in our lifetime and in our world."

Corey I will sure be reading more of this wisdom.

Truly a Great Read!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 13 Years Ago


If you want things to stay as they are, things will have to change.
-Giuseppe di Lampedusa
This has blown me away.
And this too:
If your foundation shifts, cracks or crumbles all together, you can usually be sure that something wonderful is about to take place in your life.
I can attest to the truth of your words.
This is some philosophy you've shared, my friend.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Hell yea....if only I could write and truly 100% believe like this :)

Posted 13 Years Ago


[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. wow, corey ... incredible clarity of thought ... you're so receptive and perceptive ... and so lucid ... freedom indeed ... from the shackles of thoughts that shackle ... and did i say "you're right" ... :) ...

Posted 13 Years Ago


yes!!! this is just so very similar to my own thinking - straight down to the foundation blocks - a simile i have used many times in my own life, to describe my own understandings..

damn, you are so on point with this Corey.. incredible.

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

594 Views
13 Reviews
Rating
Added on May 15, 2010
Last Updated on June 21, 2018


Author

Crowley
Crowley

Phoenix, AZ



About
Like to hang out with other writers and see what's what. Have met a lot of good people on this and other sites through the years. Decided to come back and do a little posting and reading. Hit me up i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Introduction Introduction

A Chapter by Crowley


Thigh High Thigh High

A Poem by Crowley