Kill em all....

Kill em all....

A Poem by Crowley
"

.....and let God Sort em out.

"
Kill em all....



Line them up against the brightest of yellow walls
And unleash a fury like the maternal instincts of mother bear
The blood will fly and they will drop in unison, clamoring
Take these insecurities and bury them far from my searing mind
I will no longer listen to their infuriating whispers
I will write like I am somebody with something to say
And at the end of the day, my cup will be bone dry
Ready to be filled with confident thoughts for sharing
Will you partake of my hearts desires? They are for you after all.
If you are willing then there is but one thing left to do

Kill em all......

© 2010 Crowley


Author's Note

Crowley
...and you thought I turned bad.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This perhaps should be a template disclaimer for the use of all writers in prefacing their work for the viewing public. The self-doubt that lingers in all of us creatively is given sensitive, insightful and honest treatment here, and it ought to be relative to anyone that has ever tried (if not, then I would doubt their integrity - like the performer who claims never to get nervous). There is an ironic sense of self-effacement here though that paradoxically (and humorously) concludes that even when we manage to overcome such self-deprecation and go ahead and 'publish-and-be-damned'...then there's always the likelihood that we will be damned.
A vicious circle of a poem; drawn decisively, and with a trusty compass.
And a great ending.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

LIne them up...so they may push daisies...let them fill rivers....let mountains be suckles by them....but NEVER EVER let them corrupt your mind. YOU ARE FABULOUS...YOU ARE WONDERFUL.....YOU ARE A MASTER!

Posted 5 Years Ago


wassup crowley???? awesome wirte man:)))

Posted 12 Years Ago


Wow, man there is so much going on in this piece...The execution for protection, as an inner driven instinct. This plays volley in my mind. It is truly like a writer tying to overcome the fears of letting their work be seen. We hold so close the feelings we express, and it is natural to shelter their reasoning in the mindset of a kind of caring environment. But if we want to see how we affect those with our words we need to have the confidence to put it out there on the rusty platter for all to partake. We hope we don't spread food poisoning, (or thought discrepancy) leaving a sick reminder in the minds of those who have read our work, and thus killing potential in their eyes. This is deep, and gives conception for depth of thought. I sure enjoyed the taste this left in my mind!

Much enjoyed Man!
RLG,
Tommy


Posted 13 Years Ago


this is amazing work

Posted 13 Years Ago


:) Yes! fantastic ride the reader is taken on in this poem. I was very hesitant, but the ending is great! Wonderful write! Thanks!
J

Posted 13 Years Ago


This perhaps should be a template disclaimer for the use of all writers in prefacing their work for the viewing public. The self-doubt that lingers in all of us creatively is given sensitive, insightful and honest treatment here, and it ought to be relative to anyone that has ever tried (if not, then I would doubt their integrity - like the performer who claims never to get nervous). There is an ironic sense of self-effacement here though that paradoxically (and humorously) concludes that even when we manage to overcome such self-deprecation and go ahead and 'publish-and-be-damned'...then there's always the likelihood that we will be damned.
A vicious circle of a poem; drawn decisively, and with a trusty compass.
And a great ending.

Posted 13 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Your words are very powerful here, cancel out the negative, anything that is crushing your creativity and yourself.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Man do you want to kill to be released,
to be set free, to write or slaughter those who would hold you down
on hard frozen ground
and paint the bloody walls red instead.

I may be off the wall but i liked it

Posted 13 Years Ago


Wow! Very powerful writing.

Posted 13 Years Ago


Where to start, where to start: the first thing that caught my attention right away was your reference to the brightest of yellow walls. That detail is too crystal clear to be ignored. Personally it reminded me of St. Petersburg or east Germany where the soviets where being forward by not painting things grey, instead they used bright yellow.

I do also like the conceit here: the narrator sharing thoughts only to infuse or pass on anger to another. That sets this piece apart definitely. Why do we feel anger at all, if not only to spread the sentiment and find likely comrades in a cause.

One brief note....I did find some repetition in "like the maternal instincts of mother bear"...here maternal and mother bear are repetitive, perhaps: like the instincts of a mother bear would be more swift. Thanks for posting and

viva la

Posted 13 Years Ago



First Page first
Previous Page prev
1
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

735 Views
20 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 13, 2010
Last Updated on November 13, 2010

Author

Crowley
Crowley

Phoenix, AZ



About
Like to hang out with other writers and see what's what. Have met a lot of good people on this and other sites through the years. Decided to come back and do a little posting and reading. Hit me up i.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Broken Broken

A Poem by OT