KDAC: Chapter One

KDAC: Chapter One

A Chapter by Plagued Monumentally

Luke Channing, a tall nineteen year old with skin that could be mistaken for paper, looked at his sister, Jacy Channing, with betrayal and abandonment. His blood was boiling to a point where he wouldn't be surprised if she could see it through his thin skin. Twigs crunched beneath his black boots and the thick brown mud was seeping through the creases. When he shifted from his left foot to his right, he could feel the wet, slimy mud ooze. "I swear to god, Jacy, if you turn on me then you are no longer my sister." 

 

Jacy, who was the unfortunate one to be a mix-breed, felt ashamed to call herself loyal. Both her vampire and werewolf instincts were ten times worse when combined and she could taste the anger that was running through Luke's dead blood. She knew she didn't belong in the Sultana Cult, the only vampire cult in Western Ohio, since she joined. "I don't belong with the vampires, Luke. I run with the wolves, and you knew that since the first moment I was born."

 

Luke took a step back, letting space grow between them, creating a metaphorical action of letting go. He stood in a pile of dried leaves that were turning black as he stood on them, sucking what was left of the leaves life. He had the power to absorb life out of anything living to make himself look more human. But right now, with Jacy moments away from leaving the Sultana Cult, he never felt himself die in an emotional way. "You're turning your back on our ancestors, your fate! Why are you doing this, Jacelyn? You can't do this. This isn't right!"

 

Jacy fingered the loop in her shredded jeans, the only comfortable thing she felt like wearing. Her feet were bare, seeing as most werewolves don't wear shoes, and had cuts along the bottoms of them. She tried to distance herself from feeling his angst, from feeling the sadness that was welling up in the pit of his stomach. "Luke, you have to understand. I'm not turning my back on you, or anyone else for that matter. I don't belong here Luke. Please understand that." 

 

"I can't," Luke lowered his head and fixated his gaze on the crawling insect that was making its way through the short grass. He wondered what it would be like to be free, to be free of all his obligations and for the most part, himself. 

 

Jacy extended her arm and touched the side of Luke's forearm, and as soon as he recoiled, she let her hand drop back to her side. There was nothing left for her to say, nothing left for her to explain, and nothing left for her to feel, except remorse. "I'm sorry." 

 

"That isn't enough. We both know you're making a mistake, and as soon as you realize it, I'll be ready to give back your real home. For now, you are no longer a part of me. As soon as you cross the border between Sultana Vampire Cult's land and the Vatican Werewolf Clan's land, you are my enemy." 

 

Jacy felt her limbs grow cold, but she didn't cry. To her, crying was a weakness, and when you're a supernatural creature, you never want to show anyone your weaknesses. When you do, you're automatically bated for the opponent. Because then, they know how to get to you. "I love you, Luke. You're always going to be my brother, no matter what our morals are. You're my family, all that's left of it, anyways." 

 

"I don't pity you, Jacelyn. Don't try to make me feel something I'm unable to feel. You're dead to me. Until you gain some life in you, and realize that you belong here, things will be different. For now, just leave before I rip your heart out. You're on Sultana's turf." Luke lifted his head and gave a ice cold glare. There was a flicker of melancholy sadness in his red gleaming eyes, his blood lust growing stronger.

 

Jacy's mouth dropped a little and she looked at Luke one more time to see if there was any sort of other emotion other than hatred. When she came up empty, she turned her back and closed her eyes. She channeled the wolf inside of her, and instantly turned into a tall and muscular salt and pepper looking wolf. She looked back at Luke with her gray eyes and saw that he was gone. And as soon as he vanished, so did her from his life.

 

Jacy hung her tail in between her hind legs and wandered through the trees that seemed to stretch miles in length. She could see birds on the highest branches, protecting themselves from the predators that walked among the grass. She wished that sometimes she could escape from the fears she had. But then again, she weighed a little too much to hide in the branches of a brown oak tree.

 

///

 

"Where do you think you're going, wolf?" The nonchalant voice belonged to her former Cultmate, Eli Morvant, whose eyes roared with hunger. "Are you a lone wolf, or are you just too stupid to realize that this is vampire turf?"

 

Jacy growled loudly, and stepped closer, her paws making an imprint in the soggy soil. Her eyes searched Eli for familiarity of understanding. But when he didn't she shifted back into human form. She cracked her neck and back a couple times before looking at Eli's expression. Dumbfounded, as usual, he stumbled back. 

 

"What are you doing in wolf form?" Eli's voice changed from taunting to concern, something she never thought he was capable of. "If Tessa hears about this, you'll be in big trouble." The name Tessa sent shivers up Jacy's spine. She didn't want to have to deal with the Mistress of the Sultana Cult when she heard about Jacy's betrayal. 

 

"I'm not going back, Eli. Sultana isn't for me." When she studied Eli for a moment, she realized he was staring at her in an unattractive platonic way. She knew that she was naked, and her clothes were shredded where Luke shredded her existence. "Focus, Eli, will you?" Her tone was firm and strict.

 

He averted his gaze from her athletic, brawny body to her eyes. "So you're joining the wolves?" He shook his head and sighed. "I don't want you to have to be my enemy, Jacy."

 

"Then don't make me one. This feud between Sultana and Vatican is getting tiresome. It shouldn't have to be this way."

 

"Unfortunately, it is. It's the way we're wired. We were taught to hate those that are different from us. We accepted you because you were loyal and trustworthy. But now..." Eli ran a hand through his short black hair; his blue eyes retreated to the ground. Since he had the power to make people see clarity, and make people see what he wanted to see, he could show Jacy that she was making a huge mistake. But from the looks of it, she already had her mind set to what she wanted, and he knew nobody, including himself, was going to change that.

 

"Listen, I know the rules. I know that I can't change anything, but I wanted you to know that I'm sorry for doing this to you. But I'm not sorry for what I'm doing, because I know it's the right thing to do. If you're going to do give me a huge lecture like Luke already did, save it. It's beginning to get repetitive."

 

"Jacy. Wait a minute. Listen, will you? You're important to me, don't do this. The wolves don't deserve you." Eli stepped closer to her, and Jacy was debating to step back, away from his grasp. She hesitated and before she could change her mind Eli put his arms around her and held her closely.

 

Jacy fought the urge to cry. Eli was with her through almost everything, and they knew stuff about each other that nobody else did. Despite his platonic looks that he gave her occasionally, Jacy knew that he was gay. Eli confided in her with a secret that could destroy him. But none of that was worth anything anymore. "Eli, I have to go. This isn't where I belong." 

 

Eli let go, and took a step back and studied her one last time. "I won't forget you." 

 

Jacy felt something inside of her feel relieved. She was glad that he didn't hate her for what she was---for what she already did. Eli was one of those people that could see things from both sides, but sometimes his blood lust indulgences make him hard-headed. 


"I don't want you to forget who you used to be, either. I know you're running with the wolves now, but you used to be one of us. If you forget that, then you forget a part of yourself." 



© 2011 Plagued Monumentally


Author's Note

Plagued Monumentally
It feels like I'm up on a wire
And you just keep lifting it higher
I'm right on the edge
And I'm doing my best not to fall

My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

This is totally wild! I am in love with this story. I now Jacy is in love.


Posted 11 Years Ago


So well written and already it grabbed my attention. Nice job :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


well written please let me know when you add more.

Posted 12 Years Ago


ok gay werewolves and vampires...new concept..adding it to my understandings..

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

322 Views
4 Reviews
Rating
Added on November 20, 2011
Last Updated on November 21, 2011


Author

Plagued Monumentally
Plagued Monumentally

MS



About
So it's been a couple years since I've been on this site, and lots has changed. Most of my writing is between two to three years difference to the stuff I'm writing now. Please pay attention to the di.. more..

Writing