KDAC: Chapter Two

KDAC: Chapter Two

A Chapter by Plagued Monumentally


Jacy knew that she would have to face everyone sooner or later. She stalked through the forest, hunting rabbits for the richest blood. She was really craving that right now. She had always been an escapist and even now, miles away from her home, she was trying to escape problems that were hundreds of miles away. Call her addictive, but to her she knows herself as desperate.

The soil seeped into the ground, making heavy imprints in the mixed soil of leaves and dirt. There was something relaxing about feeling the soil beneath her paws, and the fresh air of nature surrounding her white fur. Jacy knew that she wasn't the only one that felt this way, but for now she felt alone. And that's the way she preferred it.

Everywhere Jacy looked, there was isolation. Nobody she knew walked within ten yards of her, and that's when she felt comfort. Birds above her were talking amongst themselves, some foreign language that Jacy was unable to comprehend.

I thought I'd find you here. The grumble voice belonged to her assigned mate, Saven Reule. He knew where to find her and that was the only downfall of pack magic. He could get inside her head and read her thoughts and communicate through them. She could do the same, but she rather not intrude on something that was never rightfully hers to hear.

When don't you find me? She replied in an impatient and hoarse voice. Jacy never learned how to be relaxed when around people she didn't know well. There was a formality coexisting between the judgments she had.

Saven chuckled, sending rumbles through her head. I guess that's true. You do have an eye for realizing something that hasn't been said.

What I know of you, so do you.
Jacy said it in a cold tone, which made Saven recoil, understanding her boundaries for a moment.

Something wrong? Saven's voice turned light and concerned. He decided to come out of the cluster of trees and show himself in his wolf form: a midnight black wolf that would be mistaken as darkness with his eyes closed. But when he opened them, they were a striking green color that people were caught off guard when seeing them for the first time.

Jacy thought his wolf was beautiful. Admiration from a far has always been a hobby of hers, but when she told people about them...that's when she got in trouble. I'm tired, and I'm hungry. I haven't been able to spot a decent rabbit for three hours now. I'm getting bored. If I don't find something soon, you might find me gnawing on your leg.

A joke. Wow, I'm making progress.

That wasn't a joke.
Jacy said forcefully.

Saven stayed quiet for a couple moments, then licked his lips, realizing his need for blood as much as Jacy did. Saven, the Alpha of the Vatican Wolf Pack, always had a gentle side to him. As domineering as he is, there's something about him that you warm up to instantly. He was the type of man who related with everybody. I blood back at the house if you're interested.

Are the rest of the pack still at your place?

Only Kamalia and Jake.

Kamalia Duchess, a tall and athletic aboriginal woman with black hair and frosty blue eyes, never really liked Jacy that much. She guessed that came with the rumors and already instituted judgments made her pessimistic about Jacy. Jake, on the other hand, was an Australian man who was around Jacy's age. He didn't have an opinion on Jacy so far. There was a glimmer of hope that she felt, wondering maybe, just maybe, she could fit in. He was tall with neck length blonde and brown hair that intertwined to make a dirty blonde color. His eyes were brown like coffee, which recently made Jacy feel warm.

Kamalia doesn't like me.

Give her some time, I'm sure she'll like you just fine.
Saven stalked towards her and licked her mussel. When the cool breeze came, Jacy shivered.

Easy for you to say. She admires the heck out of you. If you were God, she would worship you.

Saven laughed, sending another series of ripples to knock against her brain. It gave her a headache as it became repetitive. I'm not sure she admires me that much. I'm the Alpha, so they have to respect me. If not, they know where they stand.

Jacy scoffed and gave a slight grin, her canines seeping out through her bright pink gums. I don't mind Jake. As long as Kamalia doesn't pick a fight, then I'll come with you.

I knew you would anyways.

Jacy rolled her eyes, then fixated her gaze on the rabbit that just dashed across from them. Damnit! She said lowly, then growled. Saven's response was a combinations between chuckles and grins.

This isn't funny. I could of been fed, and I would've got to miss out on seeing Kamalia.
///

Jake was sitting across the sofa, sleeping with his eyes heavily closed. When Jacy looked long enough, she could see his eyes moving. Kamalia sat on the far sofa, away from everybody else. Her black hair was all the way to her hips, and it flowed nicely with her black piercing eyes. She pulled out a cigarette from her pocket and lit it.

Saven stared at her for a couple moments, then left Jacy's side to retrieve the already lit cigarette and instead threw it out the window.

"Hey! That was my last one!" She growled instantly, then hung her head and slumped back down into the sofa. Her body seeped into the large cushions filled with cotton, and Jacy wasn't sure once you sat down in it, how you would ever get out of it.

Kamalia knew better than to argue with the Alpha. So she kept quiet for the rest of the night, only talking when Saven asked her.

Jake, on the other hand, never woke up from his deep sleep until Saven spilled water on top of him. The expression on his face when the coldness touched his warm skin was priceless. She almost forgot about everything that was happening. Almost.

"Ready for bed?" Saven whispered in her ear.

Since Jacy joined the pack, Saven wanted her to stay at his place until she found her own place. Saven was against it, but Jacy thought it would be beneficial for herself to gain some independence.

Jacy lifted her head off of Saven's broad shoulder and gazed up at the clock that was right about the television. She didn't realize the time until the clock struck 2:00AM. "How is that possible? I've never stayed up this late." 

Saven kissed the top of her head in a friendly way. He grasped the edge of the couch with his right hand, his muscles stiffening from the lack of movement during the four hours he was sitting. Right after he helped Jacy up, her body tingling as the blood started flowing through her legs.

Saven punched Jake's arm and he mumbled something derogatory while he was half asleep. "Are you sleeping here tonight?" Saven asked impatiently, giving Jacy a quick look to make sure she was still by his side. He held her hand just in case.

Jake groaned and turned to his side, rubbing his face against the cool wine colored leather. He nodded, and if it wasn't for the yes that followed, Saven would of thought he was nuzzling the couch. 

"See you in the morning then, Jake. You have watch tomorrow morning bright and early. Pick us up something fresh and juicy." Saven gave a small grin, obviously too tired to give real effort into a full grin.

Jacy held Saven's hand softly, and wondered how they got to be so close in the past week. Although she wasn't completely comfortable around Saven, she was definitely getting there. Being his assigned mate had its consequences, obligations and faults, but it also had good outcomes. He took care of her, and he held her in a way a man should always hold a woman.

Before leaving, Jacy turned around and saw Kamalia sitting at the dining room table farthest from the living room area, frowning down at her hands and playing with something invisible. Jacy always wondered what Kamalia thought about when she was deep in thought like that. She knew better than to pry at her curiousness when it came to her.

"Goodnight Kamalia." Jacy said sweetly, giving real effort into it. She was never one to sugarcoat with her actions towards people to make her like her, but there was something that Jacy admired about her. Jacy knew for sure that Kamalia reminded her of her mother in some ways.

"Night," Kamalia retorted.

Saven and Jacy sauntered up the stairs, not in a rush to go anywhere. They were both tired, and it was hard to reach success with going up the stairs. Jacy's eyes started closing halfway going up the stairs, and the only thing to know she was awake was the strong grasp of Saven's arm around her side.

Once Saven fumbled with the doorknob, they were finally inside his bedroom. The air was sweet, she could taste freshness in the air that she only tasted out in the woods. The scent was inviting and made her feel at home. The bed was in the center of the master bedroom, sitting right under the darkness of the early morning. The moon cased a shade on Saven's face, making him even more mysterious and dark than he already was. 

When she flopped onto the soft bed, she was glad she made the effort to climb those large stairs. Her body sank into the soft covers to a point where she didn't feel like getting changed for bed. Apparently Saven didn't either when he came into bed, curling up beneath the blankets.

"Goodnight Jacelyn," Saven mumbled.

"Sleep well, Saven." 

 


© 2011 Plagued Monumentally


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Reviews

I like this book a lot so far. Already I feel slightly attached to the characters. Going to read the next chapter.

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

300 Views
1 Review
Added on November 21, 2011
Last Updated on November 23, 2011


Author

Plagued Monumentally
Plagued Monumentally

MS



About
So it's been a couple years since I've been on this site, and lots has changed. Most of my writing is between two to three years difference to the stuff I'm writing now. Please pay attention to the di.. more..

Writing