KDAC: Chapter Three

KDAC: Chapter Three

A Chapter by Plagued Monumentally

Jacy mused as her sensitive fingertips graciously ran over the records in her bedroom. Whenever she passed by it, she memorized all the textures and weight. She had close to a hundred records, nothing close to the amount she dreamed to have. Each record held a memory that was either meant to keep on the shelves, or meant to be played over and over in repetition of remembrance. 
Jacy picked one up and with the roughness of the edges, she knew that the album was named Blue Skies, Broken Hearts...Next 12 exits. For some reason, her fingers seemed drawn towards the record. When she flipped through the songs...she realized why. 
During the time my mother was pregnant with me, there was a specific song on that album that always brought tears to my mothers eyes. There was no other words in the world that could spoke to her the way those lyrics did. 
Eventually, when I turned fourteen, my mother was forced to sacrifice herself for me. When you hit fourteen, one of your parents that half the wolf inside of them, are suppose to sacrifice themselves- and you drink the blood in order to complete your transformation. 
The loss was sad, but it was mandatory. Without it, Jacy would of suffered malfunctions and mutations in her human form. Adapting to the new lifestyle was never hard for Jacy, she was always around the existence of werewolves. 
Jacy's father gave her the album for the anniversary of her mothers death. And every now and then, with a few hesitations, she listens to it.
"Jacy?" A light voice came from the corner. She turned around sharply, holding a tenacious grip on the worn out record. 

Jacy turned around to see one of her packmates: Parker Stevenson. His mahogany colored hair savoring his eyes from a second glance. He towered over Jacy and made her feel smaller than she already did. His lip quirked upward and he smoothed back his hair with his emaciated hand.
About a month ago, he got in a fight with one of the Sultanna vampires. Jacy, being the one sitting on the sidelines, didn't get to see what exactly happened. But from her sources, he got cut up excruciatingly and didn't see sunlight for a full week. The lack of fluids and food left his frame looking sick. 
"Oh, hey Parker." She said with a warm, welcoming grin.
Since Saven was the alpha, everyone lived under his roof. The mansion he bought a couple miles south of their small down, Lythe Woods, was  big enough to fit fourty peoples---specifically werewolves. The ten members of the Vatican pack all had their separate rooms with all the miscellaneous necessities they could get their hands on. Jacy was never sure where Saven got his money from. 


© 2011 Plagued Monumentally


My Review

Would you like to review this Chapter?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

129 Views
Added on November 23, 2011
Last Updated on November 30, 2011


Author

Plagued Monumentally
Plagued Monumentally

MS



About
So it's been a couple years since I've been on this site, and lots has changed. Most of my writing is between two to three years difference to the stuff I'm writing now. Please pay attention to the di.. more..

Writing