Stuffed

Stuffed

A Poem by Muse
"

...some of the rich are one "hurricane Sandy" away from being an equal to the lower class." No food..no wine..no shelter. Let us give thanks.

"

 

 

((((((((STUFFED))))))))



Sitting next to the babe of sister Jane, is
a stomach, renting an apartment for two.
Uncle Bob and Brother Ted, are
there visiting from Kalamazoo.
And there's Grandma Edith, who
curses mostly in Swedish.
So much food and wine, one
ought to be squeamish.
Plates overloaded with turkey and butter rolls.
Whole-made stuffing, and green bean casserole. Napkins
everywhere. Wiping up the warm cranberry sauce.
All the while sits pretty Jill, who

quietly applies her pink lip gloss.

All of them....
Forgetting to say grace...
Forgetting to thank the Lord for their health, and warm fireplace.


FILL THEIR CUPS FULL OF WINE.
LET THEM LAUGH AND LET THEM DINE.
THEY WILL BLOAT, AND THEY WILL GLOAT.
SOME DAY...

THEY'LL RUN OUT OF FOOD.
LICKING THE CRUMBS OFF, THE

SOLE OF THEIR SHOES.
TO STAY ALIVE...

THEY WILL EAT THE CAT THAT SWALLOWED THE RAT.
ENOUGH CHOLESTEROL TO GIVE THEM ALL; A

FERKING HEART-ATTACK!

 

 

 

© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
Definition of Fercking: Bleep...

Tried to keep it g-rated. :D

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

There shall always be those who are never thankful for what they have and never see the suffering of others...
Amazes me how "poor" to some people is not affording a bottle of champagne and to others is literally is not eating...there is no balance and plenty of wealth in this world to share, sickens me!
Poignant darlin, well voiced and damn well needed ♥

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Certainly a different take on thanksgiving..kind of made me feel bad haha. On any rate, it's a good read, I like the tone change in each stanza.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

11 Years Ago

thank you..
Great write on the excesses of our society...
(Oy Thanksgiving and family dynamics ! ) Humor yet.. has a strong message!
btw...why keep it G rated...My Aunt Jenny wouldn't

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

11 Years Ago

I was told I spelled ferking wrong. That humored me most...cause I made that word up. lol
Renée

11 Years Ago

lol !
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
DrD
I once had a woman in Kenya ask me with complete disbelief if women really went on diets in the United States. She could not imagine anyone having so much food that they would eat to excess. She came back to me as I read through this and when remembering her face, I appreciated your work all the more. Thank you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

11 Years Ago

It's an oxy-moron is it not? Men and woman...are so ferking vain...yet we eat like there's no tomor.. read more
haha this is great!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You have wonderful prose and balance, but to be honest, ma'am, I can't give this one a favorable review. No, let me rephrase that: I can't sympathize with your viewpoint. I have a great respect and admiration for the rich; I aim to be rich one day, and the whole purpose of being a career writer is to become a best-selling author and make a LOT of money and live in style and comfort and security for the rest of my life.
I have no time or patience for people who demand that I should be "redistributing my wealth" to the poor and the "underpriveleged" (i.e. people too lazy to work). There's not one poor underpriveleged person in this country that can't fix their own problems if only they'd take responsibility for themselves and their own actions and stop bitching about how it's everyone else's fault except perhaps--THEIRS!
I ask you: what the hell is the point of going to work, trying hard, doing my best and making money if the government is going to steal it all and pass it out in welfare checks to people who literally DON'T WANT to work because they're on the Goddamn Socialist ticket?!! And yet, that's what's happening in this country today. These dark times are beyond sickening--it's all fricking obscene!!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 2 people found this review constructive.

Kaylor Mason

11 Years Ago

I'm sorry Muse . . . what set me off about socialism was actually your caption at the top, about how.. read more
Muse

11 Years Ago

no worries...I leave it all open to interpretation...gets the juices and emotions flowing...worked h.. read more
Kaylor Mason

11 Years Ago

Ha! Yeah it certainly did! :) Thanks for understanding, ma'am . . . :)
Yep, there is none so blind as those that look at themselves all day. Hmm, that sounded kinda quasi religious, which it isnt, me being a non religious typey person, but yes, even I have the decency to say grace when called appon. Maybe I should re read that book. What page does all the smiting start on :-)
As ever, distinctly you, despite being a bit different from what I've read of your work, this has a punch and a subtelty that could be your signature. Every write of yours has a story, then another one somewhere amongst it. This is no exception. Only question is, will there be a sequel where the rich b***h bites it :-)
ps....i'll shut up now
pps....oh, I really liked this btw :-)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

11 Years Ago

lol I do believe you are right. 50% of my poetry could be related to devouring or consumation of li.. read more
Distant horizons

11 Years Ago

We all got our ponderings that we use in our writings. Me personally, I'm into the mind, especially .. read more
Thank you, thank fonts too,because like a kiss,or the brush of a hand light,a breath at the soft of your neck,the quiet grace we give to the lord before we eat,even a glance with words unspoken,the squeeze of each others hands,an acknowledgement of choice, will, sacrifice,faith, hope,grace,and love,Us always a goose step away from loss.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

11 Years Ago

The smallest gestures of appreciation is what we humans take for granted.
The squeeze of each.. read more
Sounds to me that the narrator had too much wine and inevitably lashed out. Hard not to, I imagine! Few things could be more maddening then then having to politely observe the way those who have to much hoard their abundance without gratitude while so many go without. Your font changes work very nicely, especially the middle stanza which really stands out for me, which I think of as that "still, small voice..." I do find the last three lines of your poem a little fragmented, but I did get it after a few reads. I can really relate to the intention though, which is very clear and consistent. Great job!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

11 Years Ago

nope..wrote this sober. If you have suggestions for the closing I'm all ears...I getting sarcastic.. read more
william keepers

11 Years Ago

Yes you are the author, but I was not necessarily implying that you are the narrator as well! Actual.. read more
bra javla laste ;-) I swear in Swedish, too...but my keyboard doesn't have the proper "a" with the dieresis over the top, so...

But I digress...I said "good f*****g read" btw...I liked this a lot. Thanks so much for posing this...you should feature it again on National Gluttony and Football Day *laugh*

-kimmer

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

11 Years Ago

Is that a real swear word in Swedish? lol..might ask to use that in my poem. :)
KAOlmsted

11 Years Ago

it absolutely is, but be sure to use the proper "a" with the two dots over the top in javla (first '.. read more
Perfect timing - right before election day is when I read this. I see where you are my friend. Feisty girl. I love THAT chick!

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

11 Years Ago

The election, and shortly after this comes the holidays...many emotions will be stirring...I was hap.. read more

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2212 Views
55 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 2 Libraries
Added on November 4, 2012
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: Thanksgiving, humor, macabre, life, prayer, family, holidays, poem, poetry, writing, Muse, writerscafe, turkey, food, gluttony


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Dear Lucifer Dear Lucifer

A Poem by Muse