Walking across water

Walking across water

A Poem by Muse

 

 

 

 

 

You are a mortal with an immortal's soul

 

listening...        

 

 

to the platonic voices of reasoning

 

owning a conscience that filled you with clarity  

 

confident hands that divided the seasons

 

composing...       

 

words of symmetry and curiosity

 

revealing your awesome beauty and mystery    

 

your two feet barely touched the dirt of the earth

 

you preferred...       

 

to walk across water or walking on air

 

gravity seemed to move your energy elsewhere  

 

the cosmos gifted you with a gratis life

 

you knew not...       

 

how lucky you were and how lucky you was

 

to be weightless and do whatever just because

 

 

 

 

© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

This reminds me of someone so close to heart and then so out of reach. Almost like a lover never touched. Of course I relate everything to my life because I'm selfish that way lol... but honestly it touched that part of me, that waits on the other side.. with arms wrapped around my knees and simply silent...xo "breathe me"... sigh

Posted 11 Years Ago


3 of 3 people found this review constructive.

Lily Mae

11 Years Ago

That's what I loved about it. The clarity is there to cross and the fog doesn't seem to be forebodi.. read more
Lily Mae

11 Years Ago

Plus up above in the clouds the darkended area looks like two lovers..x
Muse

11 Years Ago

I know where your mind it sweetie...I hope he will breathe the same air as you someday.



Reviews

You have molded so nicely that an amazing bridge developed for walking across water.
The image is awesome.Love how it vanishes to meet the mysterious world waiting at the other side.


Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

thank you, I'm glad you understood the mystery of crossing the bridge to destiny.
zainul

10 Years Ago

I am very happy for being able to pass the exam.
Thank you great poet for the lovely work.:)
love the picture; it's like an invitation to cross over. and it fits together wonderfully with the picture. the contrast between the mortal and the immortal soul, and everything that followed, it's just brilliant. simply brilliant. what i don't understand, though, is why in the second to last line you put "and how lucky you was". it seems to me like it was just to fit the rhythm and make the last to lines rhyme, but personally i think it detracts from the mood a bit.... despite that, this is lovely, Cobra Lounge :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This is truly beautiful. I couldn't help but think of crossing over into the afterlife. I hope it is as inviting as your words, music and picture. You really are extremely talented. I felt such inner piece when I read this.

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

you write extremely well and your word usage is pure magic...but i am overwhelmed when people choose to imbed music into their writes...it is confusing and detracts from a reading experience....i honestly don't get the phenom....love your poetry though, it is amazing!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The music, photograph, and poem chased away the critic in me. It reminds me of what is important:

1. Love
2. Beauty
3. Art

E x p r e s s i o n

I admire this about your work. It is no longer a wonder as to why you are loved, and why it is that I love you in this virtual world.

The poetry is wonderful, but it was the photograph and music that welcomed me. The Note in the video was my favorite part, honestly.

CONTENT:

"You are a mortal with an immortal's soul

listening..."

This part actually made me tear a little bit because I feel like this constantly. However, when I listen to other artists, it reminds me of the message in Disney's, "Lion King."

"We are one."

love,
ria




Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

just an exceptional piece...I could listen and read this on and on...

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Exceptional work Sir, or Madame. Discovered by accident, read with delight.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

You are truly a talented writer- this particular piece stole my breath away. Also- the music that plays in the background perfectly sets the tone for this unique and intricate write. It is a touching, yet powerful piece of work. Thank you for sharing your works.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

This poem just tempts me to cross. I so badly saw that bridge fading into that fog and want to see if it would lead me to a better tomorrow. The poem itself just made me wish to take the steps and follow the path. Don't know what it is about right now but the desire to become lost in the haze because more appealing with every second that passes. You poem has me feeling that on the other side of that bridge is a peace unlike any I could ever find here where I'm standing now... :)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

The first line is my favorite. "You are a mortal with an immortal's soul." Cool.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3842 Views
80 Reviews
Shelved in 15 Libraries
Added on January 26, 2013
Last Updated on June 8, 2014


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Gasoline Gasoline

A Poem by Muse


Dear Lucifer Dear Lucifer

A Poem by Muse


Choke me Choke me

A Poem by Muse


The Last Waltz The Last Waltz

A Poem by Muse