Fly TRAP!

Fly TRAP!

A Poem by Muse
"

My garden would be beautiful, but not complete, not without something a little out of order...like a venus fly trap, the carrion flower, some opium.

"

 

 

 

 

 

I think your Alice forgot to tell you about me.
This garden of hers is not what it appears to be.
Surrounded by roses and the sweet humming bees.
My stems perk and tickle because I know you see me.

 



Thirsty; I open my buds to receive the fresh rain.
Hungry; you prick a ring finger and flinch in brief pain.
I feed....you smile, in knowing I can never be tamed.
Your lips whisper out, "Grow, and take these flies for fresh game."

 



All this affection, I thought Alice would be jealous.
Attentive with a love that seemed secret and zealous.

Keeping me safe, guarding me with a golden trellis.
I am your Venus fly trap, hungry, bold and luscious.

 

 

 

© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
Photobucket



My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

A pearl in an oyster is not there by mistake. It may wonder about its creation as an irritation or it can see itself for the beauty of symmetry and the inspiration it creates in the eye of the beholder.

The fly trap doesn't put out a signboard about danger ahead. But of course if it gets self conscious ... . Tantalizing!

Posted 11 Years Ago


2 of 2 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

The female of our species is always going to be more in tune to reality .That is why whenever someone is poisoned they say it was a womanmen react they dont think first

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Mad hatter left something at your doorstep:)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That picture is great for this piece by the way.
When I read good poetry all I want is to sit down with the author and start peeling back the layers. Thanks for making me wonder.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Sounds like a woman who knows what she wants and knows how to get it. Love the feisty nature of the poem, that is so you.

Posted 11 Years Ago


Oh muse, you inspire me so! Your name is very befitting :P Honestly, this poem is kinda like a fantasy of mine at the moment. If I could be a fly trap, life would be much simpler! I love your tone. It's always exactly what I'm looking for. Lots of love

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I enjoyed this perspective of the venus fly trap. Funny how all life, when the chips are down, reacts the same---just like the fly in the trap in the above video.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I've met some Venus flytraps in my day that were bold and luscious but I never got enough nerve to get to close or hungry for fear of being overtaken and trapped. Go ask Alice ;) Lots of funny things went on in her garden huh?

This is clever to say the least but then again....
You have a way of putting things together and making them work and I am envious. It makes me wonder what else could have gone on in that garden Alice and others occupied had you been there with some ideas.

Is marriage a trap if the little flower of desire is hungry and luscious? Hm, I wonder what Alice would be like all grown up at the hands of Muse? Perhaps a Precious thing? I appear to be getting obscure now aren't I? Perhaps I need a cup of tea or a pill to cure me. Perhaps not. Oh screw it--"Off with my head."

Oh yeah, I Amos forgot, I love the song.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Great success for Muse!
Venus offered her beauty for your use!

I am surprised to note that this piece attracted more than 400 views and about 60 reviews in less than a month.It has been shelved in 10 libraries too.

You have painted your thought very vividly using Venus fly trap.
This is a novel idea.
I congratulate you for giving pleasure to so many readers through this piece.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

11 Years Ago

a last minute and on the spot write...I too am surprised that the venus fly trap could capture the .. read more
zainul

11 Years Ago

Oh,you are here to comment back!
I thought you were away to 'offline'
I took little time.. read more
Very powerful imagery. Really enjoyed the atmosphere you've created. It's left me intrigued and wanting more.

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

hey, one more thing, i liked her hairs too indeed :*)

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

11 Years Ago

lol..I just wanted an excuse to post this bad a*s Tori Amos song.
Acer

11 Years Ago

lol :*)

Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4133 Views
94 Reviews
Shelved in 12 Libraries
Added on January 27, 2013
Last Updated on June 8, 2014


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Caged Heart Caged Heart

A Poem by MOON


Choke me Choke me

A Poem by Muse


Sugar and Sun Sugar and Sun

A Poem by Muse