non compos mentis

non compos mentis

A Poem by Muse

non compos mentis
that's right my mind is not right
growing madder by the week
it's the psychotic pulse that I seek
sometimes I want to cut in deep
hysterical chanting in my ear
even when you speak sincere
a deranged schizophrenic fit
I see not one in the mirror
but two, seven, and four
my reflections show me horror
demented voices and words
hell yes !
I'm insane in the membrane
not saying I like it
but I'm done trying to fight it
depression and bitterness is sweet
no longer do I see it as personal defeat
demonic whispers inspire my art
 insanity and I
will never depart!

© 2014 Muse


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

'And so say all of us'

Whether you write on this particular subject from true personal experience Muse, or as a result of some un-natural insight and gift is unimportant ' non compos mentis' provides those that take a few moments out to savour it "and by 'it' I mean some of the less obvious or in your face messages this work either deliberately or inadvertently contains . There, having now got that off my chest, I must only add that I thoroughly enjoyed this little excursion into madness... All Good Things, N

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Ha! I think we've all felt this frenzied crazy crop up in our heads at one point or another, I know I have! Not saying I'm schitzoid or anything but I have felt that desperation in anger to where I'm so overwhelmed that I feel like I'm going out of my mind. Your writing never ceases to amaze.

Posted 12 Years Ago


What makes us crazy, makes us human.. kind of like the old saying.. one man's trash is another man's treasure.. your moments of insanity, are another person's moment of stability.. Well done!

Posted 12 Years Ago


My feeling is that we get our best ideas from our subconscious. We need that stuff. But we don't want too much of it. Not enough and we despair, think we are in some dreadful writer's block. Too much and we are driven mad. The notion of an endless stream of wonderful visions, ideas, lines flooding through my head that I can't turn off wld... Ach, on second thought I have never experienced said state! The pairing of art/depart with insanity being the filling in the sandwich seems very true. Hmm, maybe extreme rationality is a form of insanity, too, as, let's face it, stupid intelligece makes little sense.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Understood..don't fight it ..just let it go...never to depart.

Posted 12 Years Ago


Nicely written, almost like a creed for those suffering from a point of view that is constantly overlooked. Nicely written, good use of emotion and I love the title as well. I like how this transcends into an all out insanity from a simple depression too, great job!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I have good news for you:
YOU ARE NOT INSANE.
I have bad news for you:
Yours is a far more terminal and incurable condition--YOU ARE HUMAN.
The proof is, in itself, a conundrum. For, if you are sufficiently sane to wonder whether you might not be, how could you be? Is not the ability to distinguish between one set of values and other the very lynchpin of sanity?
And, if you WERE insane, wouldn't anybody who listened to you voluntarily have to be insane as well? And if you were first among equals, is that not the very definition of normalcy, a.k.a., SANITY?
You see, I too have given the matter some thought, a good deal of thought actually, while a guest of the Southeast Louisiana State Hospital, and sundry other times!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I`m just having a non-compos computer episode.
I just finished a lengthy, detailed review for you
and whoooosh, compter ate it.
Before the computer starts again, I will just say
that you are extremely talented and individualistic
and this poem is sheer genius.
I Love It !

Thank you ,
----- Eagle Cruagh

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

:) spoken like a true creative soul, for we have to be insane to create art out of words. I really like this one, it was not only fun but the flow had a really nice feel to it and I could feel insanity within sanity of this one. Dare to embrace it in the name of creative art, love it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Companionship with some dark moods and inspirations; I think facing the frowning forces and having an exchange with them can be instructive, even enlightening...the sweetness in bitterness, though oxymoronic on the surface might portend of a therapeutic exigesis...one not commonly pursued.

Interesting write...!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. this, for me, is like an anthem ... and inspiring too ... it's difficult to wait for "depression and bitterness" to leave in the truest sense ... and in the interim most of us succumb to impatience ... this is a courageous write ... incredibly artistic too ...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

2233 Views
63 Reviews
Shelved in 6 Libraries
Added on May 30, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: confusion, crazy, depression, life, mind, poem, poetry


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Osmosis Osmosis

A Poem by Muse