Deja vu

Deja vu

A Poem by Muse

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 



M
y life
, sometimes I  ponder,
God.....did he fashion my hands and skin from another?
Am I just a recovered tired vessel,
refurbished lung and breath, reassembled, to be something fragile?
 
My fears and defects I feel are not my own,
borrowed and rented maybe, from someone once known.
Your voice just a proverbial song.
It feels ancient, but like an undercurrent, it carries me along. 
 
My story perhaps is a plagiarism of you,
a reincarnation of what I might answer, and what I might do.
With every deliberate ill-mannered step,
someone before me, has already passed, lingered, and slept.
 
My soul, has it lived before?
It seems to be the same narrow path, but a different revolving door.
Seeking answers in restorative dreams,
this body, however temporary, is not what it seems.
 
My thumbprint, a reminder of her,
your girlish vision, a familiar relic, with a haunting blur.
Is this a case of refuted Deja vu?
Or just maybe, she's a vicarious spirit, that has been there too.

© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
At a very young age, as young as 3 or 4, I would dream over and over again, that I was some young girl from India. Royalty perhaps, or a servant to royalty. I found it odd that I would dream about such a thing at an age, when I had yet to even understand or comprehend countries or cultures such as India. Nevertheless, with these dreams still vivid, and a feeling of deja vu every now and then. I found a picture that reminded me of "Her". The girl in my dreams....

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

Rebirths and reincarnations are aplenty in Indian mythology, but I was really drawn in by the concept when I read about the River Lethe in Greek mythology where souls would go to wash the memories clean of their previous life. It's all so... fascinating.

This is indeed a marvellous poem, searching for answers we may never find. I felt "My story perhaps is a plagiarism of you" was a brilliant line!

Posted 11 Years Ago


4 of 4 people found this review constructive.




Reviews

Beautiful, and well illustrated.. It was unique, something I haven't heard before, obviously, it is interesting to hear that you had experienced these dreams at such a young age. Impressive, I look forward to reading more of your work.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That is just so cool! I wonder if you really do have a past life...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Absolutely amazing way to voice such a topic! This is unique and exhilirating :) Thaty Deja vu feeling is so prominent with me also some days! Makes me wonder if I am in the place I am supposed to be in this "matrix"...I love this piece! xoxo

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

wonderfully amazing.. how nice it is to think of you, as everlast.. in a recurring role of seconds and souls forever in between, the wink of a star lash, or the hurricane of a silent whisper..

luv this

xo

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I have never dismissed the idea that we are reincarnated over and over... I get those feeling sometimes like I identify too well with a past historic period. A extremely wonderful write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


A superbly phased piece of an age old question about the lives we live, or have lived...do we continue to return until we are spiritually perfected.

It is unusual that you would perhaps be a young Hindu girl, as Hinduism states that a soul experiences rebirth on earth over and over until spiritual perfection is achieved, at which time it will reunite with the Source.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Reminicing memories of another past life, perhaps? --You certainly portrayed deja vu well. Loved this. Amazing write.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Or maybe it's just that all of us are fashioned from the recycled mind pieces of those who have gone before us, recycled put pieced together in new ways to fit the times. Your words bring to mind many possibilities, and remind me that nothing is new.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

4276 Views
96 Reviews
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on August 27, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: Deja vu, reincarnation, poem, poetry, life, mystery, religion, faith, spiritual, writing, childhood, God


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


Sugar and Sun Sugar and Sun

A Poem by Muse


Sssnake Sssnake

A Poem by Muse