Precious Things....

Precious Things....

A Poem by Muse
"

If this makes you sick...then there is hope for humanity.

"

 

 

Shhh
innocence will
 
d
 r
i
p
 
* 

                    *

       *     

 *

        *

 *

       

*      

*

 

 

*

 *

 BE STILL 

my child.
Let me remind you,

what is spoken and said.
Your hopes and dreams,
they must be
bled.
 
Be a good little Girl,
who loves me back,
as I pretend to care.
Your dress is all filthy,
with lice in your hair.
 You've left me,
 a disgusting mess.
I'll wash out the vomit.
A dirty mouth
 needs Bleach,
 and a good dose of Comet.
 
It's okay my darling.
You'll heal with the pain.
FEEL
this needle and thread.
My precious...
precious thing.
 
You need a hug?
Here's a good squeeeeeeze.
 
Soft skin and bones,
to love and to hold.
Why do you wrestle?
We need to
cut/deep,
don't put up a tussle.
Purge and be empty,
only guilt can you keep.
 
 
** Shhhhh **
Don't cry....
peace be with you.
It's just the skin peeling back.
Your world will
feel safe, when it finally
converts BLACK.
 
 

© 2014 Muse


Author's Note

Muse
Please don't pass judgement on me. My inspiration is sincere, even if it's a bit dark for some. My daughter was very ill recently, and I was sleeped deprived on top of it all. I could not stand looking at her, she looked so ill, and she was desperate to feel better. And for some reason or other; I started thinking about the Mothers that harmed their own children on purpose....to get attention. Better known as Munchausen Proxy Syndrome. It made me SICK, thinking about it. This writing came from these thoughts, and from my own broken child hood. I often feel like the little girl being sqeezed to death in this picture. There are so many forms of abuse out there. And I think this form of abuse is the sickest of them all. It's both emotional and physical. FYI, my daughter is well now, but it was a week of ugly emotions for me.

My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

I too am a father,
I understand the mentality behind this. I also see a bit the true darkness within. Not to say you would harm your child or any child, but as to say there are those you would harm if the reasons were right or the time appropriate. I am impressed at how freely you throw yourself into the arms of your concept. You truly exist within it even if only temporarily, I can't say how temporarily. No, that's a piece for another time. I see a 2... 3... 4... sliding into a five. This is ever so haunting. thanks for the suggest I love it.
Sincerely
Christopher

Posted 10 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Muse

10 Years Ago

ache...she pushed me over the edge two years ago with a mystery illness...I was starting to get scar.. read more
Muse

10 Years Ago

I consulted with a friend before sharing this...I was scared of being judged.
unsavable_soul

10 Years Ago

This I greatly understand,
But someone wise recently told me to push the envelope. I agreed .. read more



Reviews

[send message][befriend] Subscribe
...
. there's no question of passing judgment on you ... but am thankful for the note you've left for readers ... i read your post again after reading your note ... and they work like components of a one piece ... your poem and your note ... this is something that happens all over the world ... i am glad you educated me about what it's called ...

. also, you might find it interesting that in one sanskrit shloka it says something like "a mother cannot be bad" ... i was very intrigued by it so i asked someone wise ... he is a historian so he's well acquainted with western thought and philosophy too ... he said that ideally the sanskrit shloka should say "a mother better not be bad or ought not to be bad" ... he also explained to me that some of the proverbs in the english language too ... are a result of society being the exact opposite ... for instance "actions ought to be louder than words" ... obviously they're not and that's why we buy things based on how they are advertised ... but the proverb itself says ... "actions are louder than words" ...

. hence, although we like to believe that mothers have a natural tendency to be nice ... the fact that there's a sanskrit shloka (like a proverb) that says " a mother cannot be bad" actually tells me that it's a response to the fact that mothers are generally not as nice as we'd like to believe they are ... sorry for rambling ... just thought you might be interested in this insight ... i truly liked this post a lot and it has a very profound lesson in it for anyone who is reading ...

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Disturbing, dirty stuff, done on purpose to
shock us into reality and you do one great
job. It is so bad that I will probalby have
trouble sleeping tonight.
You strike at the heart of discord. You tempt
the powers of darkness and you literally give
the finger to sickness and desease.
Congratulations. Your writing is daring, dirty
and dark and you have raised the hackles on
truth. Love it.
------ John

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Thank you. I so get it. Sure wish I didn't sometimes. :) I love your willingness to explore all aspects of existence. I consider you a brave kindred spirit, so so talented. I am truly humbled by your courageous and unique writing style. Again, with sincere appreciation.

Posted 12 Years Ago


I want to say to you I totally understand how you felt. This is so confusing, and aweful. Good you write about it, in your emotions, and share this. More people who will recognize this, will be grateful to you you did. I think you're a strong and brave mom. And all will be okay, as long as you write, and don't keep it inside, to burn...! thank you for being you. xx for you and your doughter. You've penned it amazingly!

Posted 12 Years Ago


You dove into an area where most wouldn't even think to and that's what makes you an excellent poetess..
These things happen far to often and get swept under the rug. I understand totally. While sitting at the Children's Hospital hoping my son would live and giving every ounce of who I am to that hope..a child was brought in on a gurney, the mother had just throw it out the 4 story window like it was trash..
Ugly emotions as you say are the real core emotion that people should see to be real but avoid at all cost. This was worth the wait and you again have created a work of art.. Excellent write ...xo

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

That was a really dark poem...
I also like the description you put in there...
Excellent work... :)))

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is phenomenal Muse! It is so incredibly poignant and speaks harshly into the reader. I also feel like you so very rightfully spit on the true scum of the world that do horrible things like what you have described here. Reading this made me sick also. I saw something not very long ago, that made me so extremely sick and furious, not only that but it was being aloud to happen, it was legal in Denmark!!! It opened my eyes to how evil people can be. All of the cruelity of the world makes me ashamed to be a human being, although some would say that they are monsters not human beings. Sometimes they are the exact same thing. Thats why we shouldn't be of this world but, of heaven. I am so glad to hear that your daughter is better, 100

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

No judgement... I understand "...dark..."

take care Beth

Posted 12 Years Ago


This was pretty dark and a little twisted. There were some parts that were a little disturbing, but disturbing is what fit the bill. Sometimes things must get a little ugly to raise awareness about the victims of life. I can honestly say that without such imagery I wouldnt have been nearly as inclined to look up this disorder and learn about it.

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

I cannot tell you how much I love reading your work because I never know what to expect (besides excellence of course!) It always flows extremely well (Don't know HOW you do that!) and the rhymes are never forced. You have brought awareness to this topic. It reminds of the book series, A Child Called It, where a boy was abused very badly by his mother. Those books really evoked sickness in me, as you said.
I love your use of fonts, colors, and font size as well. It always fits the piece and improves it!
Amazing, amazing job!!

Posted 12 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.


9
next Next Page
last Last Page
Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

3000 Views
90 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 7 Libraries
Added on November 13, 2011
Last Updated on June 8, 2014
Tags: Munchausen by Proxy Syndrome, children, abuse, life, poem, poetry, hurt, pain, filth, death, illness


Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..