Remember

Remember

A Poem by Vertigoingnowhere

Whatever you do kid, remember who you are.

When the storms overhead, remember the stars.

When you’re feeling dark, remember the sun.

If you’re looking for an answer, it’s not with a gun.

If you’re feeling stressed or depressed,

Remember that organ inside your chest.

And when you feel as if you’re drowning,

And the demons swallow all of your surroundings,

Remember some things that aren't’t so scary.

Like Saturday mornings of Tom and Jerry.

The morning after a midnight rain,

Has that sort of scent you just can't explain.

Or that song of yours you put on repeat,

The way it makes you jump and move to the beat.

Instead of thinking of the pain in your heart,

Remember you’re a work of art.

So don’t lose yourself just yet.

Don’t worry, panic or fret.

Everyone feels a little rain run down their spine.

But rainbows can’t exist without you, sunshine.

© 2013 Vertigoingnowhere


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Reviews

Great stuff! Nice work Hannah!!!

Posted 10 Years Ago


I loved the message you conveyed in this piece and also the imagery. We all seem to forget the good things in our lives once something bad happens. We forget how pretty the rain looks and sounds, the way the snow falls, we even forget about those who care about us and assume we are too messed up for any of them to love us. Certain people will love us unconditionally and we often try whatever we can to try and push that, to prove it false. And yes, each human body is a work of art, I loved the wording of that and we should do our best everyday in order to make ourselves feel good. We all deserve the same amount of happiness as others have, we don't deserve to face or be stuck alone in the dark and feel like no one loves us. We have to find a way to make our own happiness and make it last and cover up the darkness once and for all.

Posted 10 Years Ago


Yeah! It does work. Your Rhythm is very nice & I really enjoyed reading this piece. You've already a very great talent of writing so keep writing and keep exploring your skills every-day. Keep on!
Have a very nice day!

Posted 10 Years Ago


This is the,best poem ever!! :) love the way you wrote this! And the rain part,did you know that is my favored smell like ever!! Fantastic! I love it :)

Posted 10 Years Ago


Yes I agree with this poem, it has so much to say, I love it

Posted 10 Years Ago


That is so true! Every cloud has a silver lining! :) ;) Keep up the good work!

Posted 10 Years Ago


A piece that creates a feeling of learning and clam, well done, good read.

Posted 10 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

362 Views
7 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 1 Library
Added on December 4, 2013
Last Updated on December 4, 2013

Author

Vertigoingnowhere
Vertigoingnowhere

Sarasota, FL



About
My name is Hannah. I am 18 years old and a senior in high school. To my wonderment I am survived it. These are my adventurers and devestations as I stand my ground, cuss out society and of course, th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..