Writing IS Imagination

Writing IS Imagination

A Poem by Vertigoingnowhere
"

thanks biology class :)

"

Writing is a work of art

Its like painting but without color

Its like dancing but without even taking a single step

Its like singing but without sound

Its like photography but without using a camera

Writing can bring you to your knees with tears

It can save the life of a wall that would have suffered a harsh blow (cant say the same for the writing utensile)

It can put pictures in your head and a taste in your mouth

It can take you to places you never thought you'd end up in

It can ignite ones imagination, that could very well, make a difference in this crazy, and utterly damaged world

It can take you across seas and to other countries
It can take you to imaginary worlds that we only pretend exsist

Writing isnt for everyone though...

That is what sets us apart from the other billion people on this planet..

Reality is for those who lack Imagination

© 2012 Vertigoingnowhere


My Review

Would you like to review this Poem?
Login | Register




Featured Review

You have basically described the creative mind of a writer that most people don't see. "It can ignite ones imagination, that could very well, make a difference in this crazy, and utterly damaged world" It can also spark ideas which can start a revolution of intellect, but most people don't because they are either too afraid of what society might think of them or what the people around them may think. What they think might very well influence their decision as well. I am 25 and I have been through high-school and it sucked getting picked on and teased, but for me writing was always a way to cope with all of it."It can take you to imaginary worlds that we only pretend exist." It was a way for me to escape from the world we all live in and go to a place that is in it self our own. In growing up with a disability it was hard for me with dealing with society and how it would accept me as a person. But even now in college I find that in society it doesn't matter anymore how people see you, but we are all confined by the media and such to think so. What matters is what you think of yourself and your writing. Even now I find that I am finding my way back to my craft, my roots, the only thing that keeps me from going insane...writing. "Reality is for those who lack Imagination" My advice to you my young friend is don't care what people think and let the pieces fall where they may. But most of all, let your creative mind wonder till the end of time. Very well written and spoken my friend. I will review more of your work when I am on.

-Tips hat off to her-

-Writer *78*

Posted 11 Years Ago


1 of 1 people found this review constructive.

Vertigoingnowhere

11 Years Ago

oh my gosh. are you serious?! thank you sir/m'am,
Writer *78*

11 Years Ago

I am serious. I have never seen a poem or as I call them "emotions on paper" so deep talking about t.. read more



Reviews

You really captured the wonderful experience of writing. I wish I could share this joy with more people I know! The wonderful thing about it, too, is that it serves so many different purposes - all based on communication across time and space. When I am gone, my grand children may read a dream I had. I can learn how to do just about anything from a teacher I'll never meet, and envision someplace on the other side of the world in detail. Whether it is reality or fantasy, the imagination is still at work. It's unique.

Posted 12 Years Ago


wonderful!!!!! the last line was fricken amazing!

Posted 12 Years Ago


wow... just wow absolutly took my breathe away you have a fantatsic ability to werite FAVOURITES!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Vertigoingnowhere

11 Years Ago

aw thanks! so much!
[send message][befriend] Subscribe
Roe
just a powerful write! love it!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Yea verily to the thousandth power! Imagination, one thing I'm glad I have. Without it I'd be an average human idiot who spends their days playing video games and watching movies. Imagination helps me live and improve. Every story I read gets better and every book deeper when I allow a bit of my own imagination pour into it. Beautiful!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Well said and expressed! Good write and read that explores the world and act of writing from an angle that people seldom see from. Readable and understandable, simple yet deep. Well done. keep the good work going. Cheers!

Posted 12 Years Ago


I like it!! Beautiful.
Really like the last line :)

Posted 12 Years Ago


Beautiful. Completely beautiful.
'Captain

Posted 12 Years Ago


This is like, so motivating. Now I truly appreciate and love my talent!! You have struck the right parts, and the truth is so astonishingly true. I was actually smiling as I read this, and felt myself nodding in approval. I particularly enjoyed the last line, "Reality is for those who lack Imagination". Very uplifting.
Often I get lost in thoughts, and dream like crazy, and I write to escape to this other world, where expression is the very root of existence, and this is the place where I can actually explore, take a break from reality and actually find like-minded souls like me, and that feeling is seriously amazing. I do feel very unique now, but this is the good kind of unique, because I know there are others out there, who are like me, and I'm not the only strange/dreamy person!

Posted 12 Years Ago


Bravo, well done, agreed!

Posted 12 Years Ago



Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1167 Views
33 Reviews
Rating
Shelved in 5 Libraries
Added on April 3, 2012
Last Updated on April 3, 2012

Author

Vertigoingnowhere
Vertigoingnowhere

Sarasota, FL



About
My name is Hannah. I am 18 years old and a senior in high school. To my wonderment I am survived it. These are my adventurers and devestations as I stand my ground, cuss out society and of course, th.. more..

Writing

Related Writing

People who liked this story also liked..


My God My God

A Poem by Tate Morgan