The intelligence report

The intelligence report

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

A description of an emergency meeting to deal with surprising new data.

"

'This emergency session is convened to discuss the drastic changes that should be considered in our policy concerning the axis of evil.' The brand new elected defense secretary declared with much pathos. 'May I proceed sir?' He asked the president.

'Sure Chuck go ahead,' the president answered with a nod of his head.

'The president was already notified about the intelligence report that we've received just recently.' The defense secretary opened up with a slight cough and a worried long face. 'This report reveals a completely different situation, which contradicts our evaluation on Iran ties and ability to reach its nuclear goals.' He made a deliberate short break, to let the small group of senior participants of this emergency session to fathom how critical and important the situation is.

'If we believed that we're alert to every change, every step of progress that takes place in our sophisticated negotiations partners' country we're wrong. Thus the updated theory that they've an alternative plan to build a plutonium bomb has turned out to be a sophisticated deception…'

'Does it mean that they aren't after military nuclear power is that what you're going to say?' The secretary of state hastened to ask. He didn't like at all the secretary of defense long and dramatic monologue.

'No they haven't given up their pretentious whim, but they aren’t going to build their bombs on their own soil.'

His last sentence caused a tumult of comments from most of the session's participants.

'Silence please!' The president called out raising his voice. 'We'd better listen to  the end of this sensational report, and only then discuss our assumptions and conclusions.'

Silence ensued and the the defense secretary continued to update the dumbfounded senior participants with more enlightening details.

'Our satellites cover every inch of their country, and thus we're able to discern every step that they take and they're aware of it…So how can they fool us you'll ask? We do know all about their ties with North Korea, that's what we believe, right? But there's one fact we didn't take into account, where their bombs are going to be built.' He made another short break on purpose now, to enhance the dramatic atmosphere. But he didn't have to explain it anymore, the surprising riddle was solved by all the session participants, they didn't interrupt him though and he summed it up in one more sentence.

'So they'll supply the North Koreans with enriched uranium and the North Koreans will build their bombs.'

'Okay,' the president drew up the participants' attention, after the slight pause that took place. 'This critical issue aspects would be discussed comprehensively right after lunch break.'

'What about your Middle East visit sir?' The state secretary asked. 'Shouldn't you postpone it? They've no intention to form a coalition in due time, which means no negotiations with Abas.'

'Well I guess I'll have to postpone it, I'd a Congress filibuster, and now I'll have to face another one, which would prevent serious negotiations.'

'You can land in Amman airport and have a few words with the king, cross the Jordan river and meet Abas before meeting the a*****e, to teach him a lesson.'

'Well it's an interesting possibility, but the king won't last long, and Jordan plus the West Bank main towns would eventually become the Palestinian state, so why bother to pay them a visit while we have many crucial problems to solve at home.' The president said rose to his feet and left the convention hall.

 Haim Kadman March the first 2013 " all rights reserved. 

© 2013 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

253 Views
Added on March 1, 2013
Last Updated on March 1, 2013
Tags: meeting, session, emergency, update, date, intelligence

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman