The talent scout

The talent scout

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my tenth and new book 'The irretrievable turn''.

"

 

The talent scout

On his way to town he remembered with sudden alarm that he had to call them and fix the place and time, but he forgot all about it due to that piece of information about the agent that was caught in Damascus no doubt. Thus he headed again to Eliot Café, and reached it at six fifty three pm. He hoped they will miss him and he won't hear from them ever again.

But at seven pm sharp the same young man the one named Gad, which he met at the first time has arrived this time with a middle aged tall man.

He stood up to welcome them but Gad muttered 'let's go' and they went outside to a van that was waiting for them.

They took him to a chirography expert, a test that lasted some forty five minutes and then to a psychiatrist at the other side of town, where he was tested with a psycho technical test that lasted two hours. He had no idea what the results were, but the fact that they ended up in a downtown restaurant, was the proof that he passed the tests successfully.

They ordered mixed grill and a bottle of red wine, his favorite dish and the wine he used to drink to his utter surprise.

They seemed in good mood both his strange companions exchanging witty jokes, doing their best to free him from the gloomy mood that his face radiated.

With the meal almost over the middle aged man introduced himself as Samuel, turned to Seri and said:

'All you've to do now is sign the contract; it's a seven year contract…'

Seri was astounded a seven year contract… He sat still watching Samuel's face unable to comment though he wished to.

'It's a two year period of training and five years service in an enemy country.' The talent scout added solemnly. The fact that impressive middle aged man was the organization's talent scout was known to Seri only some time later, but although that stranger's charismatic appearance his impressive personality and influence Seri decided to reject their offer.

'I'm not going to sign that contract, I'm sorry.' He declared decisively.

'Okay you've our phone number, if you'll change your mind do let us know.' The talent scout said with a benevolent smile. 'You may go now.' He added smiling still.  

© Haim Kadman June the 28th 2013 " all rights reserved.

© 2013 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

699 Views
Added on June 28, 2013
Last Updated on June 28, 2013
Tags: restaurnd, meeting tests, celebration, dinner, offer, contract, rejection

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman