I Due Leoni

I Due Leoni

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

A short excerpt of my book 'An irretrievable step".

"

'Excuse me where is the nearest restaurant please?' He asked politely in Italian the clerk on duty.

'Oh there's the Piacere Molise at Via canadia 60, you'll like the place. As a Catholic senior Magdi, you surely wish to visit San Pietro Cathedral and the Vatican Museum that's why you've chosen our place…' The clerk added excitedly so typical to an Italian.

Of course can I visit the Cathedral this afternoon?'

'Sure here you have all the information you need, visiting hours and tickets, take it please.'

As he spoke Italian quite well already, he had no problem to reach the restaurant, the two passers-by that he asked on his way guided him and it was quite close to his rented room, as the clerk on duty told him. It was a small place but cozy and pleasant, the food was excellent; thus he decided to have his daily meals over there. He visited the famous Cathedral of San Pietro, which is the most important cathedral of the Christian world and spent most of the afternoon awestruck by its magnificence, its frescoes, and opposite La Pieta Michel Angelo's sculpture he stood amazed an hour almost.

Well as an art student I'd better give it some thought and appreciate its fabulous merits. He thought amused and awed at the same time.

He managed to rest several hours before he left Central Room boarding house on his way to his meeting with Joe.

'Let's talk in Italian, and you'll order, check the bill and pay.' Joe said smiling. 'Don't worry I'll cover our expanses…'

They were sitting near to a corner table in the hall of the "I Due Leoni" restaurant, away from the few guests that remained there at that late hour.

A waiter arrived and Jeremy ordered while Joe listened attentively, Joe had no comments to Jeremy's relief.

I wonder what he would have said if he knew that I've learned culinary terms by heart to impress Kasumi. Jeremy thought fighting an urge to laugh aloud.

'What's so funny?' Joe asked him with a quizzical stare.

'Oh nothing I'm glad I was referred to as a Catholic and advised to visit the cathedral, by the way have I passed the test?'  

'Yes and with merit. You need just a few more touches to talk like a born and bred local and religious terms according to your faith and slang too.'

© Haim Kadman July 2013 " all rights reserved.

© 2013 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1523 Views
Added on July 22, 2013
Last Updated on July 23, 2013
Tags: boarding room, restaurant, visit, cathedral, art, sculpture, appreciation, meeting

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman