The emergency plan

The emergency plan

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

An excerpt of my 12th book "On both sides of the abyss". The emergency plane isn't a weekend in London, it's much more sophisticated; their chat is intended to those that listen stealthily to them.

"

'I didn't expect you Ken darling before nightfall and you endowed with so much happiness. Don't they expect you at the embassy?'

'Well yes I've a press conference to attend at five pm at the foreign ministry, and I'll have to leave you after lunch but I'll come back again tonight.' He said clearing his throat. 'We've to start our training but let's dress and go down to eat.' He added.

 

A van with small dark windows was parked not far from the building's entrance, and as soon as Amina and Ken came out and walked towards the restaurant; two men dressed in blue overalls left the van with tool boxes in their hands entered the building, disuised as service technicians that were supposedly asked to come and maintain or repair the air condition in one of the building's apartment.

It did not escape Ken's attention; he managed to notice them, and he knew that the hideout apartment was not safe anymore. He knew well enough that it won't take the local security service technicians more than five minutes to bug Amina's apartment.

He did not panic or despair as such possibilities and even worst ones were taken into account.

I'll have to implement the emergency plan, he told himself even before they the restaurant table that prepared for them.

They took their time while having a four course lunch, and a pleasant conversation in English about Beirut's popular sites, the famous promenade, its warm hearted residnents; and after about one hour they left the restaurant.

The van was not there as the local security service must have completed their task long ago, Ken accompanied Amina back to her apartment as he intended to do, no matter whether the apartment was bugged or not; but knowing and being sure that it was bugged he had to act very carefully.

'Listen Amina honey I've thought things over and I believe that your stay in Beirut now after the attempt to kidnap is too risky. We can't be sure who were behind it, but it might have been a vendetta attempt by your ex fiancé relatives, and they may try again.'

'That's what I believe too shouldn't I leave this apartment and move to your place?' Amina asked him with much hope.

'You'll have to fly back to London and stay there a year or six months at least.'

'But why, I was rescued and it's over and we aren't sure that they'll try again. We saw in the papers that they left their car and run away… ' The inexperienced Amina protested vehemently. She wished without the slightest doubt to get away from Beirut and leave all the horrors that she passed behind her, but not without Ken.

'I'm flying to London tomorrow afternoon, I promised to visit a certain friend of mine and spend the weekend there, and I'll take you with me.'

'But what am I going to do in London now Ken, should I go on studying for a second degree or what…?'

'No there's no time for it, I'll get you a job as an Arabic translator with a firm managed by some friends of mine, and I'll install you in a suitable dwelling.'

'But you'll return to Beirut and I'll stay there away from you.'

'Alright Amina honey I didn't mean to leave behind, what bothered me was the fear of leaving you all alone here while I'll be In London, that's why I wish to take you with me. But as you wish we'll return together to Beirut at the end of next weekend.'

© Haim Kadman October 2013 �" all rights reserverd.

© 2013 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

229 Views
Added on October 15, 2013
Last Updated on October 15, 2013
Tags: intelligence, suspens, suspicion, emergency, love

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman