Reviews

Reviews

A Story by Haim Kadman
"

Several reviews on my thriller "The Red Square" and books.

"

Below are reviews on my thriller "The Red Square" and books.


Hi Haim,
Just finished The Red Square and thoroughly enjoyed it. I'm not usually a fan of spy novels but I do like The Quantum of Solace short stories of Ian Fleming so I have a small knowledge of the genre. (Very small.)

The story is excellent and so are the characters. You're dialogue is very clever and very real. I could tell who was talking without having to check the names. That shows how well defined your characters are. When Paul and Sam were bantering I knew which one was which. Very good writing and choice of language. I could hear the voices as I was reading.

I could also feel the paranoia that surrounded them. That constant need to keep looking over your shoulder. Very unnerving and disquieting at times. I'm guessing that all great spy fiction has this, and it certainly creates a claustrophobic atmosthere. It made me feel slightly uncomfortable, which shows how talented you are as a writer. I'm surrounded by people in my office and felt the need to check who was watching me and trying to see my screen. (None of them as it turned out. They couldn't care less. LOL)

There was one tiny thing I thought I should mention. and it is tiny, so no worries. Five paragraphs up from The Gypsy Song there is a line that says "It reminded Paul the notes of a banjo." I don't know if that needs altering slightly? But that was the only problem I found in the entire story.

Congratulations on such great work. Could this be a film or TV Series?

This thriller "The Red Square" is sold for just $2.99 up to the end of next month.

 

Reviews on my book "The Unveiling

The Maestro
by Haim Kadman

"dealing with necromancy..." when your subject met the older 'Hebrew' artist.
A nice piece of awareness of something happening that was out of the ordinary almost 'magical'

The two old ladies searching for the autographed catalogue - how many times does that happen in galleries.
They seek the kudos of the creator as opposed to REALLY admiring his WORK.

Another thought provoking tale from our Hebrew master of tales

The Turning Point
by Haim Kadman

Lots of lovely elements here. Velasquez, the art galleries. The fame.
These interspersed with the horrors of the refugee ships trying to reach Israel (Palestine) after the war and the terrible way the Brits treated the survivors.
Then we move to the realisation that all these years of painting have been for nothing as he views the masters work.
I do hope that when he woke up next day he had the guts to once again pick up his brushes and make a painting

Living The Dream
by Haim Kadman

Another metaphysical tale from the master of the art. I always have to think when I finish one of your short stories. And by pausing I realise I've been taken on a journey from me to somewhere else.
Excellent
Oh and Dedalos - I wrote a poem about him once and lost it

The Lesson
I have met a few art dealers in my life and this sums them up
Acquisitve, untrusting, avaricious people who want to own everything
Do you know the poem 'My Last Duchess'?
Reminds me of that.
All your stories have a moral and, as I said below, make the reader think
See, I haven't forgotten you Haim and maybe you missed my review of Jehenen below.

Jehenen
An excellent thought provoking tale and who knows - it may be true?
I enjoy dipping in to your work Haim

The Lesson by Haim Kadman
Funny how fiction reflects fact.
A story of lust spelled as l-o-v-e
Excellent (almost Nigella Lawson and Charles Saatchi.)
Thanks for these Haim I will dip in again

UNVEILING

I love it. I can relate excitement of getting a letter and disappointment of not getting one

max stars and recommended.

 

Review on my thriller "The death sciences":

This was.. harsh; definitely intense, but you described it well. I didn't get such a vibe from him until he hit her and wasn't completely sure about what was going on, but the summary at the end helped. Good descriptions and definitely a good extract to attract the reader's attention :)

Posted: Feb 16, 2014

 

It's God's wish
BY Haim Kadman
Part of "It's God's Wish"
"An Emergency Visit"
You cut to the chase once again with this bleak tale of overseas aide gone wrong.
No proper consultation with the locals
Only one tribe allowed to live there BUT
it's not in their area and the locals are barred from entering
An excellent critique of despotic leaders making wrong choices for their own ends and the 'powers that be' wasting good money on foolish ventures
Well done sir

© 2014 Haim Kadman


My Review

Would you like to review this Story?
Login | Register




Share This
Email
Facebook
Twitter
Request Read Request
Add to Library My Library
Subscribe Subscribe


Stats

1158 Views
Added on March 15, 2014
Last Updated on March 15, 2014
Tags: literary, prose, review, praise, blessings, appreciation

Author

Haim Kadman
Haim Kadman

Petach-Tikva, Israel



About
Profile: A few words about myself: being a native of a small country whose waist is seventeen kilometers wide in a certain area; and in seven to eight hours drive one can cross its length, I was amaze.. more..

Writing
Moscow Moscow

A Story by Haim Kadman


Back home Back home

A Story by Haim Kadman